I have been assimilated.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Carla A-G, May 5, 2003.

  1. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    I had a deep and thoughtful conversation with Sky Yeager this past weekend. I have sworn secrecy so
    I cannot make the public the details of the conversation, but a lot had to do with the direction of
    the industry and the ss world. I had been having trouble finding a suitably sized frame for me in
    order to build up a ss. An agreement was made. They will be building me a custom ss.

    Let the torture begin...

    - CA-G How do I get myself into these things...

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    Tags:

  2. Gary In Va

    Gary In Va Guest

    > I had a deep and thoughtful conversation with Sky Yeager this past
    weekend.
    > I have sworn secrecy so I cannot make the public the details of the conversation, but a lot had to
    > do with the direction of the industry and
    the
    > ss world. I had been having trouble finding a suitably sized frame for me
    in
    > order to build up a ss. An agreement was made. They will be building me a custom ss.
    >
    > Let the torture begin...

    Details, we want details about this frame.

    Gary in VA

  3. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Gary in VA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Details, we want details about this frame.

    Can't, its a secret. The world will know when the time is right...

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  4. Gary In Va

    Gary In Va Guest

  5. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

  6. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > "Gary in VA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Details, we want details about this frame.
    > >
    > > Can't, its a secret. The world will know when the time is right...
    > >

    > Steel? EBB? Disk only? Give me a crumb!!!!
    >
    > Gary in VA

    It's made of metal... or not ;-)

    ~Travis
    --
    travis57 at megalink dot net

    http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/mtty.mp3

  7. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    | "Gary in VA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | news:[email protected]...
    | > Steel? EBB? Disk only? Give me a crumb!!!!
    |
    | My lips are sealed...

    Vee have veys of makink you talk!

    Damn, shouldn't have had that brat yesterday.

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 4/24/2003

  8. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  9. Dick

    Dick Guest

    Nelson Binch wrote:
    > "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > | "Gary in VA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > | news:[email protected]...
    > | > Steel? EBB? Disk only? Give me a crumb!!!!
    > |
    > | My lips are sealed...
    >
    > Vee have veys of makink you talk!
    >

    > Damn, shouldn't have had that brat yesterday.
    >

    > ---
    > __o _`\(,_ Cycling is life, (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details. Nelson Binch =^o.o^=
    > http://intergalax.com

    > - Release Date: 4/24/2003

    MMMMM Bratfest is comming, Drooooool. Four days of $1 brats (shot of pepsi included), 3 miles from
    my house. http://www.bratfest.com/

  10. Technician

    Technician Guest

  11. B. Sanders

    B. Sanders Guest

    > I had a deep and thoughtful conversation with Sky Yeager this past
    weekend.
    > I have sworn secrecy so I cannot make the public the details of the conversation, but a lot had to
    > do with the direction of the industry and
    the
    > ss world. I had been having trouble finding a suitably sized frame for me
    in
    > order to build up a ss. An agreement was made. They will be building me a custom ss.

    SS riders are amazing...

    My 5-foot-1, 96 lbs of solid muscle, 39-yr-old sister Sherry is an ass-kicking team racer for
    Soulcraft in Petaluma. She's also a hardcore SS freak. Matt and Sean at Soulcraft built her a
    totally sweet custom-fitted Plowboy single speed hardtail that she races (and wins) on all kinds of
    courses, including cyclocross. She's trying to build an all-female team to do a 24-hour race on SS
    bikes. If you want to contact her, let me know.

    I've only ridden with Sherry a couple of times in recent years (sadly); but watching her haul ass up
    steep climbs on an SS rig is awe-inspiring. From what I've seen, SS *definitely* improves a rider's
    skills. As for knee destruction, well - I dunno. It's all about technique, that's for sure.

    > Let the torture begin...

    You're legs *will* be ripped after riding SS for a while. You have my respect.

    Barry

  12. Carla A-G wrote:

    >Let the torture begin...
    >
    >- CA-G How do I get myself into these things...
    >
    >Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    Torture, Stockholm Sydrome...Like any good bout of stomach flu, the experience is yours to make what
    you will of it!

    I keep a singlespeed loaner around and whenever I find a victim...errrmmm lendee...the first comment
    out of their mouths is "That's not as bad as I thought!" Followed by, "It was dern fun, in fact.",
    and then the usual chaser, "And riding fully rigid ain't too bad either."

    I hope and pray that you will be F.U.S.S.Y. compliant....

    http://www.anthonysloan.com/FUSSY.html

  13. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "B. Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > SS riders are amazing...

    Sure are.

    > My 5-foot-1, 96 lbs of solid muscle, 39-yr-old sister Sherry is an ass-kicking team racer for
    > Soulcraft in Petaluma. She's also a hardcore SS freak. Matt and Sean at Soulcraft built her a
    > totally sweet custom-fitted Plowboy single speed hardtail that she races (and wins) on all kinds
    > of courses, including cyclocross. She's trying to build an all-female team
    > do a 24-hour race on SS bikes. If you want to contact her, let me know.

    Too bad she's on the other side of the country...

    > I've only ridden with Sherry a couple of times in recent years (sadly);
    but
    > watching her haul ass up steep climbs on an SS rig is awe-inspiring. From what I've seen, SS
    > *definitely* improves a rider's skills. As for knee destruction, well - I dunno. It's all about
    > technique, that's for sure.

    Yep.

    > > Let the torture begin...
    >
    > You're legs *will* be ripped after riding SS for a while. You have my respect.

    Yes, but I fear that my back will be busted up before it even gets to that point :-(

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  14. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > I had a deep and thoughtful conversation with Sky Yeager this past
    weekend.
    > I have sworn secrecy so I cannot make the public the details of the conversation, but a lot had to
    > do with the direction of the industry and
    the
    > ss world. I had been having trouble finding a suitably sized frame for me
    in
    > order to build up a ss. An agreement was made. They will be building me a custom ss.
    >
    > Let the torture begin...
    >
    > - CA-G How do I get myself into these things...

    Oh thank God. I thought you were buying a ROAD bike.

    Bill "there's perversity and then there's plain ol' sick" S.

  15. "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote

    > An agreement was made. They will be building me a custom ss.
    >
    > Let the torture begin...

    On Saturday, Carla was dubbed "the Imelda Marcos of bicycles".

    CC

  16. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    news:n%[email protected]...
    > Oh thank God. I thought you were buying a ROAD bike.
    >
    > Bill "there's perversity and then there's plain ol' sick" S.

    I already own 2 of those...

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  17. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    > Steve "feel free to put me out of my misery if I'm wrong, Carla"

    Be prepared to be put out of your misery... :)

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  18. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Gary in VA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Steel? EBB? Disk only? Give me a crumb!!!!
    >
    > My lips are sealed...
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    It wouldn't happen to be a Krate-copy with a massively long fork with a giant glop weld right in the
    middle, would it? Or have hinges where the top and down tube meet the seat tube? ?s

  19. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I had a deep and thoughtful conversation with Sky Yeager

    Who's that? You're not dropping names, are you?

    > They will be building me a custom ss.

    How about "I Will Be Assimilated"? You may not enjoy it, though I doubt that. You're not quite
    the "let's buy a bike to be stylish" type. You actually ride what you buy. Hell, you may even
    dump off some of the less desirable bikes in your fleet if you really get hooked, especially on a
    custom ride.

    JD

  20. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:bff73ea[email protected]...
    > "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I had a deep and thoughtful conversation with Sky Yeager
    >
    > Who's that? You're not dropping names, are you?

    Do some research, Jer.

    > > They will be building me a custom ss.
    >
    > How about "I Will Be Assimilated"? You may not enjoy it, though I doubt that. You're not quite
    > the "let's buy a bike to be stylish" type. You actually ride what you buy. Hell, you may even
    > dump off some of the less desirable bikes in your fleet if you really get hooked, especially on a
    > custom ride.

    You are correct. When I get a bike, I ride it. It has nothing to do with styles or fads. If I don't
    like it, its removed from the fleet. I don't think I'll be having a problem with this new one...

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!