I have been spammed by 'president' Bush.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Howard, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Howard

    Howard Guest

    Anyone else been spammed with this?

    IMMEDIATE ATTENTION NEEDED : HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL

    FROM: GEORGE WALKER BUSH 202.456.1414 / 202.456.1111 FAX: 202.456.2461

    DEAR SIR / MADAM,

    I AM GEORGE WALKER BUSH, SON OF THE FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA GEORGE HERBERT
    WALKER BUSH, AND CURRENTLY SERVING AS PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. THIS LETTER MIGHT
    SURPRISE YOU BECAUSE WE HAVE NOT MET NEITHER IN PERSON NOR BY CORRESPONDENCE. I CAME TO KNOW OF YOU
    IN MY SEARCH FOR A RELIABLE AND REPUTABLE PERSON TO HANDLE A VERY CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS TRANSACTION,
    WHICH INVOLVES THE TRANSFER OF A HUGE SUM OF MONEY TO AN ACCOUNT REQUIRING MAXIMUM CONFIDENCE.

    I AM WRITING YOU IN ABSOLUTE CONFIDENCE PRIMARILY TO SEEK YOUR ASSISTANCE IN ACQUIRING OIL FUNDS
    THAT ARE PRESENTLY TRAPPED IN THE REPUBLIC OF IRAQ. MY PARTNERS AND I SOLICIT YOUR ASSISTANCE IN
    COMPLETING A TRANSACTION BEGUN BY MY FATHER, WHO HAS LONG BEEN ACTIVELY ENGAGED IN THE EXTRACTION OF
    PETROLEUM IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND BRAVELY SERVED HIS COUNTRY AS DIRECTOR OF THE UNITED
    STATES CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY.

    IN THE DECADE OF THE NINETEEN-EIGHTIES, MY FATHER, THEN VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF
    AMERICA, SOUGHT TO WORK WITH THE GOOD OFFICES OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF IRAQ TO REGAIN
    LOST OIL REVENUE SOURCES IN THE NEIGHBORING ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN. THIS UNSUCCESSFUL VENTURE WAS
    SOON FOLLOWED BY A FALLING OUT WITH HIS IRAQI PARTNER, WHO SOUGHT TO ACQUIRE ADDITIONAL OIL REVENUE
    SOURCES IN THE NEIGHBORING EMIRATE OF KUWAIT, A WHOLLY-OWNED U.S.-BRITISH SUBSIDIARY.

    MY FATHER RE-SECURED THE PETROLEUM ASSETS OF KUWAIT IN 1991 AT A COST OF SIXTY-ONE BILLION U.S.
    DOLLARS ($61,000,000,000). OUT OF THAT COST, THIRTY-SIX BILLION DOLLARS ($36,000,000,000) WERE
    SUPPLIED BY HIS PARTNERS IN THE KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA AND OTHER PERSIAN GULF MONARCHIES, AND
    SIXTEEN BILLION DOLLARS ($16,000,000,000) BY GERMAN AND JAPANESE PARTNERS. BUT MY FATHER'S FORMER
    IRAQI BUSINESS PARTNER REMAINED IN CONTROL OF THE REPUBLIC OF IRAQ AND ITS PETROLEUM RESERVES.

    MY FAMILY IS CALLING FOR YOUR URGENT ASSISTANCE IN FUNDING THE REMOVAL OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE
    REPUBLIC OF IRAQ AND ACQUIRING THE PETROLEUM ASSETS OF HIS COUNTRY, AS COMPENSATION FOR THE COSTS OF
    REMOVING HIM FROM POWER.

    UNFORTUNATELY, OUR PARTNERS FROM 1991 ARE NOT WILLING TO SHOULDER THE BURDEN OF THIS NEW VENTURE,
    WHICH IN ITS UPCOMING PHASE MAY COST THE SUM OF 100 BILLION TO 200 BILLION US DOLLARS
    ($100,000,000,000 - $200,000,000,000), BOTH IN THE INITIAL ACQUISITION AND IN LONG-TERM MANAGEMENT.

    WITHOUT THE FUNDS FROM OUR 1991 PARTNERS, WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO ACQUIRE THE OIL REVENUE TRAPPED
    WITHIN IRAQ. THAT IS WHY MY FAMILY AND OUR COLLEAGUES ARE URGENTLY SEEKING YOUR GRACIOUS ASSISTANCE.
    OUR DISTINGUISHED COLLEAGUES IN THIS BUSINESS TRANSACTION INCLUDE THE SITTING VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE
    UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, RICHARD CHENEY, WHO IS AN ORIGINAL PARTNER IN THE IRAQ VENTURE AND FORMER
    HEAD OF THE HALLIBURTON OIL COMPANY, AND CONDOLEEZA RICE, WHOSE PROFESSIONAL DEDICATION TO THE
    VENTURE WAS DEMONSTRATED IN THE NAMING OF A CHEVRON OIL TANKER AFTER HER.

    I WOULD BESEECH YOU TO TRANSFER A SUM EQUALING TEN TO TWENTY-FIVE PERCENT (10-25 %) OF YOUR YEARLY
    INCOME TO OUR ACCOUNT TO AID IN THIS IMPORTANT VENTURE. THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE OF THE UNITED
    STATES OF AMERICA WILL FUNCTION AS OUR TRUSTED INTERMEDIARY. I PROPOSE THAT YOU MAKE THIS TRANSFER
    BEFORE THE FIFTEENTH (15TH) OF THE MONTH OF APRIL.

    I KNOW THAT A TRANSACTION OF THIS MAGNITUDE WOULD MAKE ANYONE APPREHENSIVE AND WORRIED. BUT I AM
    ASSURING YOU THAT ALL WILL BE WELL AT THE END OF THE DAY. A BOLD STEP TAKEN SHALL NOT BE REGRETTED,
    I ASSURE YOU. PLEASE DO BE INFORMED THAT THIS BUSINESS TRANSACTION IS 100% LEGAL.

    IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO CO-OPERATE IN THIS TRANSACTION, PLEASE CONTACT OUR INTERMEDIARY
    REPRESENTATIVES TO FURTHER DISCUSS THE MATTER.

    I PRAY THAT YOU UNDERSTAND OUR PLIGHT. MY FAMILY AND OUR COLLEAGUES WILL BE FOREVER GRATEFUL. PLEASE
    REPLY IN STRICT CONFIDENCE TO THE CONTACT NUMBERS BELOW.

    SINCERELY WITH WARM REGARDS,

    GEORGE WALKER BUSH

    Switchboard: 202.456.1414 Comments: 202.456.1111 Fax: 202.456.2461 Email: [email protected]

    It might be real. After all, in the US driving anything other then a huge gas-guzzling SUV is
    potentialy 'un American'.

    (For the ideal vehicle for that 500m trip down to the shops try

    http://poseur.4x4.org/futuresuv.html ).

    Perhaps the above is why Blair so keen to be 'president' Bush's favorite puppet. After all, he does
    need to look after all those 'Chelsea Tractor' drivers who put him into power...

    Regards,

    Howard

    (Getting more cynical by the day...)

    Tags:

  2. Well it makes a change from the Nigerian oil scam!

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. Pdannyd

    Pdannyd Guest

    "Howard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anyone else been spammed with this?
    >
    > IMMEDIATE ATTENTION NEEDED : HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL
    >
    > FROM: GEORGE WALKER BUSH 202.456.1414 / 202.456.1111 FAX: 202.456.2461
    >
    > DEAR SIR / MADAM,
    <snip>

    > It might be real. After all, in the US driving anything other then a huge gas-guzzling SUV is
    > potentialy 'un American'.
    >
    > (For the ideal vehicle for that 500m trip down to the shops try
    >
    > http://poseur.4x4.org/futuresuv.html ).

    Or better still http://www.tanksforsale.co.uk/tatra813.htm

  4. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "Howard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    snip

    > It might be real. After all, in the US driving anything other then a huge gas-guzzling SUV is
    > potentialy 'un American'.
    >
    > (For the ideal vehicle for that 500m trip down to the shops try

    Err -- is that 500 metres or 500 miles?? Either could apply in the good ol' USorA :(

    > http://poseur.4x4.org/futuresuv.html ).
    >
    > Perhaps the above is why Blair so keen to be 'president' Bush's favorite puppet. After all, he
    > does need to look after all those 'Chelsea Tractor' drivers who put him into power...

    Perhaps the Chelsea Tractors will work better than Challenger Tanks in the desert. After all, they
    are well proven on the gravel drives of Surrey :)

  5. Surely nobody has ever replied to the Nigerian scam email. I keep getting the one about cash in the
    Congo never felt the need to reply with my bank details. Can you imagine the revenue mans face when
    he see the transaction alarm go off and point to your account. If only they wanted to put cash in
    rather than extract it from greedy fools.

  6. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

  7. Congokid

    Congokid Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, michael keily <[email protected]> writes
    >Surely nobody has ever replied to the Nigerian scam email.

    In fact I have, several times, and now have millions of UKP stashed in my savings account (which is
    why I could afford to buy a Brompton).

    --
    congokid Eating out in London? Read my tips... http://congokid.com

  8. [email protected] (Howard) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > It might be real. After all, in the US driving anything other then a huge gas-guzzling SUV is
    > potentialy 'un American'.

    It must be made up, seeing as none of the words used in the message are (not a single instance of
    "misunderestimate", for starters) ;-) Or maybe my opinion of George's lack of grasp of language has
    been tainted by over-exposure to the BBC's "Dead Ringers"?

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York