I Have Returned...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Nelson Binch, Mar 12, 2003.

  1. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    ...did anyone miss me?

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 3/10/2003

    Tags:

  2. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

  3. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    | Nelson Binch <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | news:[email protected]...
    | > ...did anyone miss me?
    |
    | Who TF are you, and why the hell would we miss a clueless newbie?!?

    Ah, so nice to be back where I'm loved

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 3/10/2003

  4. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

  5. John G

    John G Guest

    Nelson Binch wrote:
    > ...did anyone miss me?

    Yeah I have your 7/8 rear hub all boxed up and addressed, just sitting in the trunk of the sedan....
    (along with Penny's CD's, and Gary's pipes) One of these day's I'll make it to the Post Office while
    it is actually OPEN.

    So how you been?

  6. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    "John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    | Nelson Binch wrote:
    | > ...did anyone miss me?
    |
    | Yeah I have your 7/8 rear hub all boxed up and addressed, just sitting in the trunk of the
    | sedan.... (along with Penny's CD's, and Gary's pipes) One of these day's I'll make it to the Post
    | Office while it is actually OPEN.
    |
    | So how you been?

    I've been simultaneously working my butt off on a 3rd shift job and recovering from a serious blow
    to my left knee. The patella was somehow intact but the pain had me convinced otherwise.

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 3/10/2003

  7. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    "Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I've been simultaneously working my butt off on a 3rd shift job and recovering from a serious blow
    >to my left knee. The patella was somehow intact but the pain had me convinced otherwise.

    I smacked my own knee (and not all that hard). I KNEW I had done something bad to it because of the
    pain. Turns out I had ruptured the bursis sack (keeps all the bony parts from rubbing together). I
    couldn't walk very well for a couple weeks, was entirely off the bike for a month, and couldn't
    stand or push a big gear for a few weeks after that.

    If you are hurting for a long time, and nothing "structural" shows up on X-rays, consider the above.

  8. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    | "Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote:
    |
    | >I've been simultaneously working my butt off on a 3rd shift job and recovering from a serious
    | >blow to my left knee. The patella was somehow intact but the pain had me convinced otherwise.
    |
    | I smacked my own knee (and not all that hard). I KNEW I had done something bad to it because of
    | the pain. Turns out I had ruptured the bursis sack (keeps all the bony parts from rubbing
    | together). I couldn't walk very well for a couple weeks, was entirely off the bike for a month,
    | and couldn't stand or push a big gear for a few weeks after that.
    |
    | If you are hurting for a long time, and nothing "structural" shows up on X-rays, consider
    | the above.

    Before sewing up the gaping hole on the top of my knee, they injected the site with a special dye
    to determine if it had been ruptured. That, as well as the X-rays came up negative so they told me
    I just had a very deep bruise. (I hit the corner of a steel counter jacking wheel frame at speed
    while working)

    Oddly, the gash (more of a rip) never hurt too much. They used 4 internal, absorbable stitches and 6
    external that were cut out at 12 days. The Tetanus shot hurt worse than the visible wound. The joint
    stiffened up after a couple days back at work and that was the real pain. The worst was riding home
    in my car since I couldn't straighten out my leg. For a while I ate Advil like candy (I never took
    the narcs they gave me - I can't stand the feeling they give me)

    The worst of the pain is gone now. Almost all the range of motion is back and besides some mild
    pain when putting my (considerable) weight on the bent knee, the main thing I can't do is kneel
    on concrete.

    I guarantee none of this even comes close to what John G went thru.

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 3/10/2003

  9. Mark Hickey wrote:
    > bomba <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Nelson Binch wrote:
    >>

    >>>The worst of the pain is gone now. Almost all the range of motion is back and besides some mild
    >>>pain when putting my (considerable) weight on the bent knee, the main thing I can't do is kneel
    >>>on concrete.
    >>>
    >>>I guarantee none of this even comes close to what John G went thru.
    >>

    > Oh, you mean the operation on his WEE-knee?

    That's it, no more Ti from YOU!

  10. MTBScottie

    MTBScottie Guest

    > Nelson Binch <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > ...did anyone miss me?
    >
    > Who TF are you, and why the hell would we miss a clueless newbie?!?
    >

    > Shaun aRe

    He happens to be one of the most knowledgable and friendly people on this discussion group, you wood
    pecker looking scouser......

  11. Jd

    Jd Guest

  12. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > Mark Hickey wrote:
    > > bomba <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > Oh, you mean the operation on his WEE-knee?
    >
    > That's it, no more Ti from YOU!

    You'll be back for more.

    Bill "and with stickers, too" S.

  13. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:25:13 -0500, "Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >...did anyone miss me?
    >

    >---
    > __o _`\(,_ Cycling is life, (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details. Nelson Binch =^o.o^=
    > http://intergalax.com

    I did miss that sig....mind if I steal it?

    :-]

  14. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    | On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:25:13 -0500, "Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote:
    |
    | >...did anyone miss me?
    | >

    | >---
    | > __o _`\(,_ Cycling is life, (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details. Nelson Binch =^o.o^=
    | > http://intergalax.com
    | >

    | I did miss that sig....mind if I steal it?

    It's been done before. I was amazed when it popped up on some spam, right down to the ASCII kitty
    beside the sender's name

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 3/10/2003

  15. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    | Scottie says:
    |
    | >He happens to be one of the most knowledgable and friendly people on this discussion group, you
    | >wood pecker looking scouser......
    |
    | Next time, duck, wouldja Scottie? That one obviously flew right over your
    head
    | but you didn't have the sense to let it go.
    |
    | Shame, some people, even if there email addie changes, nothing else
    does.......

    Actually, it's my Usenet name that changed. I got utterly disgusted with the dropped posts on the
    Prodigy/SBC Yahoo server and switched over to this German server. No binaries here, but I didn't do
    much there anyway and Prodigy wouldn't let me post to them. When you set up your account, you have
    to use a name (not a handle) and I haven't gotten around to switching it to GroundControl©.

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 3/10/2003

  16. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote
    >> Mark Hickey wrote:
    >> > bomba <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> >

    >> > Oh, you mean the operation on his WEE-knee?
    >>
    >> That's it, no more Ti from YOU!
    >
    >You'll be back for more.

    They TRY to quit, but it's no use. After the second one, there's no stopping. EVER... BWAH HAH hah
    haaaahhhhh....

  17. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > Turns out I had ruptured the bursis sack

    *barff

    That sounds utterly disgusting. How long ago did you injure your knee? You still owe me a ride at
    South Mountain, promised to me over a year ago...

    -John Morgan

  18. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    news:<[email protected]fncis.de>...
    > > Nelson Binch <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > ...did anyone miss me?
    > >
    > > Who TF are you, and why the hell would we miss a clueless newbie?!?
    > >

    > > Shaun aRe
    >
    > He happens to be one of the most knowledgable and friendly people on this discussion group,

    Well duh! Ya little fecking pin prick, get a clue and get a grip on
    it....FFS......

    > you wood pecker looking scouser......

    Scouser? Heh - you really do a lot of damage to yourself ya know - no wonder you get so much shit
    from people, you are the epitome of 'stupidity'.

    Shaun aRe

  19. John G

    John G Guest

    Mark Hickey wrote:
    > They TRY to quit, but it's no use. After the second one, there's no stopping. EVER... BWAH HAH hah
    > haaaahhhhh....

    Get back to work on that 29" SS!!!!!

  20. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    John G <[email protected]> wrote:

    This is your brain: "ride, ride, ride, ride, ride, fall, ride, ride....."

    This is your brain on titanium: