I have to admit, I am becoming a Cadel Evans fan.

azdroptop

May 25, 2005
Never much cared for the guy the past few years, but he has been showing great form and is wearing and representing the National Champion's Jersey with class!

azdroptop said:
Never much cared for the guy the past few years, but he has been showing great form and is wearing and representing the National Champion's Jersey with class!
Was it intentionally or by mistake?
Whatever... He's wearing it like it should be worn.

Funny, I thought it was the World Champions jersey...
... either that or he's batting for the home team.

he rose in my estimation when he started selling "don't step on my dog" t-shirts. it's the voice, though. he needs to let his missus do the interviews.

World championships, Flech Wallone, his giro stage win. All class results. And if he can produce some form on the really steep mountains in the Giro's last week he could be looking at his first GT win. Getting better with age perhaps? He's a much more interesting rider than he used to be as well, he attacks so much more!

slovakguy said:
it's the voice, though. he needs to let his missus do the interviews.

Yeah, he always comes across as sounding, uh, "fruity", I guess. Not that there's anythign wrong with that....:eek:

I like CE : he's always ridden his heart out in any race I have watched him in.
OK, he can come across as abrupt sometimes but after a race a rider can be tired and ****** off.

The way he has ridden wearing the world champions jersey has been great for the sport.

One of the good guys I think.

(I agree about his eyebrows, though:p)

slovakguy said:
he rose in my estimation when he started selling "don't step on my dog" t-shirts. it's the voice, though. he needs to let his missus do the interviews.

I'm gonna have to get one of those t-shirts!!!

Cadel has gone up in my book as well. He seems more aggressive, maybe more confident. The voice is pretty nasally, almost sounds like he has a deviated septum sometimes.

Last night

Who was the rider that tried to pretend to pull the chase in front of Cadel...but was just slowing it down and then the wrists slapping fisti cuffs started?

I thought Cadel was going to crash tackle him...

Cadel pushed first but he had a right too...

:eek:

JAPANic said:
Last night

Who was the rider that tried to pretend to pull the chase in front of Cadel...but was just slowing it down and then the wrists slapping fisti cuffs started?

I thought Cadel was going to crash tackle him...

Cadel pushed first but he had a right too...

:eek:

I saw that on a news report this morning, old Cadel seems to be getting pretty aggressive these days. :confused:

cadel said:
Unsporting slow-down tricks being played in a tired and frustrated chase group. My fault for not being in front.

Thought I'd add the whole response on Cad's blog...

Giro d'Italia - Stage 12
Thursday, 20 May 2010

Sunny and more leisurely 206km here today. What looked to be sprint until some of the GC favourites attacked on the last little climb of the day. My fault for not being there, I didn't position myself very well. I was relying on Sky and Garmin to chase a bit more. Hence me getting frustrated with those who were purposely slowing down the chase, not the done thing in professional cycling. I let it be known to them, much to everyone's entertainment – sorry about that - not bad for a boring rider who never attacks, hey?

The group stayed away, with Vinokourov, Basso, Scarponi etc. gaining 10sec's and Pozzato winning the stage.

Just saw Evans and the Lampre rider shaking hands at the start sign in and have a chuckle together. glad there were no head buttings.

JAPANic said:
Just saw Evans and the Lampre rider shaking hands at the start sign in and have a chuckle together. glad there were no head buttings.

This is very lucky for Evans cause that fist almost took the Lampre riders head off :eek: If he timed it right it may have been a season ending mistake.