I have to pass this along

bentsafety

Jul 31, 2010
Normally I'm not this big of a freak when it comes to products...but i just recently got a couple of bikes flags off of this site www.purpleskyflags.com and they are so cool and insanely well made that I just wanted to let more cyclists become aware of them. I wonder if they are going to be offering stock in the near future...hmmmm. I am still giggling from reading about their take on the orange safety flag and also some of the wording they have in their 'about our flags' tab. Its pretty funny.

Safety flags - One of those things that are next to useless.

You ride along and they flutter behind you - presenting little for the motorist that's going to pull out of a side road to see. If a driver can't see a 150+lb adult on a bike, the chances are they ain't gonna take too much notce of a wavy flag...

But as you have 'bent' in your name, I will be kind for once and assume you ride a recumbent bike... Personally i still think that the above applies. You should get one of those high visiblity strobe lights atop of a big stick. You don't see aircraft flying into radio tower with such things on top of them :p

Giggling at flags... Pedo Bear would approve.

bentsafety said:
Normally I'm not this big of a freak when it comes to products...but i just recently got a couple of bikes flags off of this site www.purpleskyflags.com and they are so cool and insanely well made that I just wanted to let more cyclists become aware of them. I wonder if they are going to be offering stock in the near future...hmmmm. I am still giggling from reading about their take on the orange safety flag and also some of the wording they have in their 'about our flags' tab. Its pretty funny.

Thanks for the spam. It's really great how you went to the effort of signing up on an internet forum just so you could pimp what's likely yours or a friend's product.