I Hereby Volunteer Myself as a Moderator.

Sillyoldtwit

Jan 13, 2006
Something has to be done about all this spam. As I live on the other side of the world to most people in these forums, I'm awake when many are in the Land Of Nod. I could zap all this spam during your night, leaving the forum nice and tidy in the morning for when you wake up. ;) Tyson

On behalf of the others, I thank you....The amount of spam is getting outragous. The forum has become a great resource and to lose it to fruitless posts would be a tragedy.

Sillyoldtwit said:
Something has to be done about all this spam. As I live on the other side of the world to most people in these forums, I'm awake when many are in the Land Of Nod. I could zap all this spam during your night, leaving the forum nice and tidy in the morning for when you wake up. ;) Tyson
Please do. The place is a mess this morning.

I would be happy to volunteer as well. I guess the site owners, whoever they are, must be away on holiday. If they don't do something soon this forum is going to die.

Has anyone try the "Contact Us" link on the bottom of this page? Perhaps if enough people send emails to the webmaster/ owners, this will get resolved. May even get the search function back!!

Unfortunately it may be closer to a full time job as it would seem this forum is on many spam lists...I checked around and this one is definitely on a few spam lists...

-Js

Sillyoldtwit said:

jamesbikerblog said:
This forum is about to crash. There are no moderators.

The moderators have said "screw you" so why are you still here?

come to a more peaceful forum with no SPAM.

http://www.jamesbikerblog.com
Dude, nobody here is interested in your @#$% forum save for spamming or crashing it too. Why don't you just get lost?! Are you stupid or something? I went to see it out of curiosity, but after waiting 30 sec for it to load I gave up. Not only do you suck at marketing, you apparently suck at programming too. F#$% you! :mad:

jamesbikerblog said:
This forum is about to crash. There are no moderators.

The moderators have said "screw you" so why are you still here?

come to a more peaceful forum with no SPAM.

http://www.jamesbikerblog.com

I checked it out too, and IT SUCKS BIG TIME, f**k off with your blog a**hole.

if they dont respond to what are reasonable requests for people to act as mods, i'm more than happy to volunteer to register an alternate domain, setup site hosting and install phpbb which runs the current forum and to replicate the general categories.

past this happy to have multiple mods to moderate and admin the site.

--brett

Does somebody know a good domainname related to cycling and to forums?

I own and moderate a large medical forum in The Netherlands with more than 250.000 unique visitors a month. I have several tweaks to avoid spam and it runs on a fast dedicated server. I can set up a new forum easily on a fast server and make Tyson and Strader moderators.

sideshow_bob said:
if they dont respond to what are reasonable requests for people to act as mods, i'm more than happy to volunteer to register an alternate domain, setup site hosting and install phpbb which runs the current forum and to replicate the general categories.

--brett
It looks like everyone is in agreement, just don't make it complicated to find or lose our account info if that's possible.

PaulMD said:
Does somebody know a good domainname related to cycling and to forums?

I own and moderate a large medical forum in The Netherlands with more than 250.000 unique visitors a month. I have several tweaks to avoid spam and it runs on a fast dedicated server. I can set up a new forum easily on a fast server and make Tyson and Strader moderators.
I have bicycleraces.com, albeit undeveloped yet.

sideshow_bob said:

--brett
Sounds like a good idea, shouldn't be too hard to think of a name. I didn't check for domain registrations, but http://www.cyclistforum.com/ didn't bring back a page.

mikesbytes said:
I didn't check for domain registrations, but http://www.cyclistforum.com/ didn't bring back a page.
I just checked and it's available.

Things are so bad here that when I checked in, this was the ONLY cycling related topic on the front page apart from the stickys.
mad.gif

Still no sound from Ric? Ric we want a spam free forum, please help us.

I have registered cyclingforum.info because things are going worse here and I don't want to lose the community which made me cycling addicted again. The posts from everybody here are very good for the motivation.

Keep us posted if a new forum is created and I will follow you guys.

The non response from the admins for the community requests to control spamming is just as good as saying we condone and encourage spamming on this site and we could care less about the concerns of the community.

Felt_Rider said:
Keep us posted if a new forum is created and I will follow you guys.

The non response from the admins for the community requests to control spamming is just as good as saying we condone and encourage spamming on this site and we could care less about the concerns of the community.
I have created a new forum. It took sometime but here it is:

http://www.cyclingforum.info/

AD free, tweaks to avoid spam bots and I can make people moderator. I have tried to keep it simple. I hope all of you like it. It's underconstruction so don't worry when things don't work in the first week of 2008.

Please give me feedback (can in this thread) and I will try to improve cyclingforum.info

I have been on this forum long enough to know that what is happening here is clearly out the ordinary. After some thought I concluded that we ought not rush someplace else only after 2-3 weeks since the issues began. We have all benefitted greatly from the goldmine of information shared herein and considering the value that has been provided AT NO COST a bit more loyalty is in order.

Having said that, the administrators should understand that the traffic on cyclingforums will wane and completely disappear should no explanations and solutions be offered. That would be a great shame and a disservice. The fact that none of those in charge have as much as asked for our patience tells me that the problems may be more political :confused: than technical in nature.