I invented Rideye: The Black Box Camera For Cyclists. Ask me anything!

cedricbosch

Sep 29, 2013
Hey guys! I’ve spent the last year developing a product which I have recently launched as a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/rideye/rideye-the-black-box-camera-for-your-bike

“Rideye is a black box camera for cyclists. Inspired by the black box in an airplane, it continuously records HD video in a never-ending loop, protecting you from hit-and-runs and false claims. Rideye has crash detection sensors which will detect an accident and protect critical files for future review. It’s incredibly easy to use- just one press of the button turns it on or off. Rideye’s battery lasts 24 hours, easily enough for a full month of commuting.”

The project has been a huge success so far, and with the quantities we are projected to hit, I will be able to add some features requested by the cycling community. I am going on various cycling forums to get an idea of what people want to change about Rideye.

I’d appreciate any and all suggestions or comments! Thank you very much for your time.

Cedric

Nice. I can see some cyclists wanting one. Props for featuring the Starrett dial calipers.

Good luck! I hope you sell lots of them.

Is it just me or even though cars become "safer" by the day, cycling becomes more and more dangerous?

I bet even these guys didnt crash so much as todays cyclists do:

"I bet even these guys didnt crash so much as todays cyclists do:"

Google where the expression, "Taking a header.", came from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny-farthing
"An important and unfortunate attribute of the penny-farthing is that the rider sits high and nearly over the front axle. When the wheel strikes rocks and ruts, or under hard braking, the rider can be pitched forward off the bicycle head-first, called "taking a header" or simply "a header". Headers were relatively common, and a significant hazard: riders sometimes died from headers."

The bikes that followed the 'ordinaries'...the ones that look almost the same as what we ride today...were called 'safeties'.

"Safer" might have been more accurate.

I wouldn't mind and option to mount under the handlebar... less possible damage in a crash as well.