I joined the ranks of the infamous elite

GeeDubb

Guest
So the last TNR of the year took place last night. A good turnout with a
couple of the girls showing up and many on ss. We chose to park at Aunt
Chilada's Mexican restaurant so we could end the ride with a dirt washing by
margarita and food to restore the energy drain from the fast paced night
ride.

I felt good and did some drops I wouldn't normally do due to the coaching
the past weekend by JD. Then the inevitable happened....I lived up to my
"Crash" nickname and managed a spectacular OTB on a nasty drop into a wash.
Going in, I hadn't heard that one of the better technical riders had crashed
seconds before me on the same drop.....duh......hind sight and all.

So here I sit for the next 6-8 weeks with a broken collar. I did manage to
ride part of the way out but couldn't handle the jarring motion of the bumpy
dowh hill sections.

and the worst part....

my buddy Scott didn't get to have his margarita for taking care of me and
driving me to the ER.

Gary (OTB CRASH) Williams

GeeDubb wrote:> So here I sit for the next 6-8 weeks with a broken collar.
I did
> manage to ride part of the way out but couldn't handle the jarring
> motion of the bumpy dowh hill sections.
>
> and the worst part....
>
> my buddy Scott didn't get to have his margarita for taking care of me
> and driving me to the ER.
>
> Gary (OTB CRASH) Williams

oh, so sorry to hear that! Heal fast!

Penny

GeeDubb wrote:
> So the last TNR of the year took place last night. A good turnout with
> a couple of the girls showing up and many on ss. We chose to park at
> Aunt Chilada's Mexican restaurant so we could end the ride with a dirt
> washing by margarita and food to restore the energy drain from the fast
> paced night ride.
>
> I felt good and did some drops I wouldn't normally do due to the
> coaching the past weekend by JD. Then the inevitable happened....I
> lived up to my "Crash" nickname and managed a spectacular OTB on a nasty
> drop into a wash. Going in, I hadn't heard that one of the better
> technical riders had crashed seconds before me on the same
> drop.....duh......hind sight and all.
>
> So here I sit for the next 6-8 weeks with a broken collar. I did manage
> to ride part of the way out but couldn't handle the jarring motion of
> the bumpy dowh hill sections.
>
> and the worst part....
>
> my buddy Scott didn't get to have his margarita for taking care of me
> and driving me to the ER.
>
> Gary (OTB CRASH) Williams

SH!T, that sucks!!!! Where was the ride?

Heel fast. I'll ride some extra this weekend for you.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

GeeDubb wrote:
> So the last TNR of the year took place last night. A good turnout with a
> couple of the girls showing up and many on ss. We chose to park at Aunt
> Chilada's Mexican restaurant so we could end the ride with a dirt washing by
> margarita and food to restore the energy drain from the fast paced night
> ride.
>
> I felt good and did some drops I wouldn't normally do due to the coaching
> the past weekend by JD. Then the inevitable happened....I lived up to my
> "Crash" nickname and managed a spectacular OTB on a nasty drop into a wash.
> Going in, I hadn't heard that one of the better technical riders had crashed
> seconds before me on the same drop.....duh......hind sight and all.
>
> So here I sit for the next 6-8 weeks with a broken collar. I did manage to
> ride part of the way out but couldn't handle the jarring motion of the bumpy
> dowh hill sections.
>
> and the worst part....
>
> my buddy Scott didn't get to have his margarita for taking care of me and
> driving me to the ER.
>
> Gary (OTB CRASH) Williams

That sounds like much more than the "DOH!" crashes of this past
weekend. Somehow I feel responsible for this in a roundabout way.
Maybe I didn't Lombardi you enough. "See the line, be the line and
kick it's ass!"

Heal up man, there's trails to be ridden.

JD

GeeDubb wrote:
> So the last TNR of the year took place last night. A good turnout with a
> couple of the girls showing up and many on ss. We chose to park at Aunt
> Chilada's Mexican restaurant so we could end the ride with a dirt washing by
> margarita and food to restore the energy drain from the fast paced night
> ride.
>
> I felt good and did some drops I wouldn't normally do due to the coaching
> the past weekend by JD. Then the inevitable happened....I lived up to my
> "Crash" nickname and managed a spectacular OTB on a nasty drop into a wash.
> Going in, I hadn't heard that one of the better technical riders had crashed
> seconds before me on the same drop.....duh......hind sight and all.
>
> So here I sit for the next 6-8 weeks with a broken collar. I did manage to
> ride part of the way out but couldn't handle the jarring motion of the bumpy
> dowh hill sections.
>
> and the worst part....
>
> my buddy Scott didn't get to have his margarita for taking care of me and
> driving me to the ER.
>
> Gary (OTB CRASH) Williams

Ouch! Heal up!

/s

"GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> So the last TNR of the year took place last night. A good turnout with a
> couple of the girls showing up and many on ss. We chose to park at Aunt
> Chilada's Mexican restaurant so we could end the ride with a dirt washing
> by margarita and food to restore the energy drain from the fast paced
> night ride.
>
> I felt good and did some drops I wouldn't normally do due to the coaching
> the past weekend by JD. Then the inevitable happened....I lived up to my
> "Crash" nickname and managed a spectacular OTB on a nasty drop into a
> wash. Going in, I hadn't heard that one of the better technical riders had
> crashed seconds before me on the same drop.....duh......hind sight and
> all.
>
> So here I sit for the next 6-8 weeks with a broken collar. I did manage
> to ride part of the way out but couldn't handle the jarring motion of the
> bumpy dowh hill sections.
>
> and the worst part....
>
> my buddy Scott didn't get to have his margarita for taking care of me and
> driving me to the ER.
>
> Gary (OTB CRASH) Williams

YOUCH! Welcome to the club. I'm sure the wife'll understand if you have to
sleep in the recliner for a while, and need to be waited on hand and foot.
(and other parts, of course...)

CDB
So that *was* you on the blue blade in JD's picture?? small world.

Paladin wrote:
> "GeeDubb" > So that *was* you on the blue blade in JD's picture?? small
> world.

heh, I saw that and I was thinking that Gary gets around....

"small change" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Paladin wrote:
> > "GeeDubb" > So that *was* you on the blue blade in JD's picture?? small
> > world.

> heh, I saw that and I was thinking that Gary gets around....

Have bike, will travel. Especially impressive since he was just out here
for Thanksgiving.

Hope that collar bone heals fast and sturdy.

Greg

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote
> SH!T, that sucks!!!! Where was the ride?
>
> Heel fast. I'll ride some extra this weekend for you.

East of the Dreamy Draw area of Trail 100, actually a trail connecting to
100. I wasn't exactly sure where we were with all the dust and darkness
until I crashed. I walked up the other side of the wash and was then on
T100 about 3 miles or more from the car.

and

the gift I was working on in my shop for my oldest daughter won't be
finished for the holiday.

You'll have to ride-a-lot to make up for me!!!!!!!!

Ride safe

Gary

> That sounds like much more than the "DOH!" crashes of this past
> weekend. Somehow I feel responsible for this in a roundabout way.
> Maybe I didn't Lombardi you enough. "See the line, be the line and
> kick it's ass!"
>
> Heal up man, there's trails to be ridden.
>
> JD

Responsibility was all mine, no roundabout way for you at all. I watched
four other guys go down this drop and it just didn't seem the tough. I just
hit the big rock at the bottom wrong!

One possitive thing....all that followed walked it w/o getting hurt :)

I saw the line, tried to be the line and it kicked my ass but it will be
there for another day in some 2 months or so.

Gary

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote>

So that *was* you on the blue blade in JD's picture?? small world.

Yes me. One photo in a blue vest and the other in the vivid yellow
windbreaker. Of course no action shots as I weenied out on most techy
stuff.......should have done that last night as well.

Gary (percocet boy) Williams

GeeDubb wrote:
> So the last TNR of the year took place last night. A good turnout
> with a couple of the girls showing up and many on ss. We chose to
> park at Aunt Chilada's Mexican restaurant so we could end the ride
> with a dirt washing by margarita and food to restore the energy drain
> from the fast paced night ride.
>
> I felt good and did some drops I wouldn't normally do due to the
> coaching the past weekend by JD. Then the inevitable happened....I
> lived up to my "Crash" nickname and managed a spectacular OTB on a
> nasty drop into a wash. Going in, I hadn't heard that one of the
> better technical riders had crashed seconds before me on the same
> drop.....duh......hind sight and all.
>
> So here I sit for the next 6-8 weeks with a broken collar. I did
> manage to ride part of the way out but couldn't handle the jarring
> motion of the bumpy dowh hill sections.
>
> and the worst part....
>
> my buddy Scott didn't get to have his margarita for taking care of me
> and driving me to the ER.
>
> Gary (OTB CRASH) Williams

Heal quick Gary! I may be back out there in the spring. I'll buy you and
Scott each a margarita if I do.

Mike

GeeDubb wrote:
> So the last TNR of the year took place last night. A good turnout with
> a couple of the girls showing up and many on ss. We chose to park at
> Aunt Chilada's Mexican restaurant so we could end the ride with a dirt
> washing by margarita and food to restore the energy drain from the fast
> paced night ride.
>
> I felt good and did some drops I wouldn't normally do due to the
> coaching the past weekend by JD. Then the inevitable happened....I
> lived up to my "Crash" nickname and managed a spectacular OTB on a nasty
> drop into a wash. Going in, I hadn't heard that one of the better
> technical riders had crashed seconds before me on the same
> drop.....duh......hind sight and all.
>
> So here I sit for the next 6-8 weeks with a broken collar. I did manage
> to ride part of the way out but couldn't handle the jarring motion of
> the bumpy dowh hill sections.
>
> and the worst part....
>
> my buddy Scott didn't get to have his margarita for taking care of me
> and driving me to the ER.
>
> Gary (OTB CRASH) Williams

As common as this injury is, I can't believe I've escaped the snappage.
But then again, my c-bone is stronger than a KFC wish bone :p

Speedy recovery Mr GeeDubb! Time to roast some mean beans to chase down
the vicodin :)
_____
Slack

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 13:56:45 -0700, GeeDubb wrote:

> So here I sit for the next 6-8 weeks with a broken collar. I did manage to
> ride part of the way out but couldn't handle the jarring motion of the bumpy
> dowh hill sections.

Gah! Ouch!

Heal quickly.

gabrielle

GeeDubb wrote:
> So the last TNR of the year took place last night. A good turnout
> with a couple of the girls showing up and many on ss. We chose to
> park at Aunt Chilada's Mexican restaurant so we could end the ride
> with a dirt washing by margarita and food to restore the energy drain
> from the fast paced night ride.
>
> I felt good and did some drops I wouldn't normally do due to the
> coaching the past weekend by JD. Then the inevitable happened....I
> lived up to my "Crash" nickname and managed a spectacular OTB on a
> nasty drop into a wash. Going in, I hadn't heard that one of the
> better technical riders had crashed seconds before me on the same
> drop.....duh......hind sight and all.
> So here I sit for the next 6-8 weeks with a broken collar. I did
> manage to ride part of the way out but couldn't handle the jarring
> motion of the bumpy dowh hill sections.
>
> and the worst part....
>
> my buddy Scott didn't get to have his margarita for taking care of me
> and driving me to the ER.
>
> Gary (OTB CRASH) Williams

At least you get to eat a lot of ice cream... or something... wait...
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

GeeDubb wrote:

> I saw the line, tried to be the line and it kicked my ass but it will be
> there for another day in some 2 months or so.
>
> Gary

[ahem...] at um, er, *our age*, it might take longer than 2 mos
depending on how nasty the break. Mine took about 6, but it was
pulverized into a jumbe of about 6 pieces.

Just needed to throw a little sunshine and encouragement your way,
buddy. I guess I could mail more beer, eh?

CDB

"GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> So the last TNR of the year took place last night. A good turnout with a
> couple of the girls showing up and many on ss. We chose to park at Aunt
> Chilada's Mexican restaurant so we could end the ride with a dirt washing
> by margarita and food to restore the energy drain from the fast paced
> night ride.
>
> I felt good and did some drops I wouldn't normally do due to the coaching
> the past weekend by JD. Then the inevitable happened....I lived up to my
> "Crash" nickname and managed a spectacular OTB on a nasty drop into a
> wash. Going in, I hadn't heard that one of the better technical riders had
> crashed seconds before me on the same drop.....duh......hind sight and
> all.
>
> So here I sit for the next 6-8 weeks with a broken collar. I did manage
> to ride part of the way out but couldn't handle the jarring motion of the
> bumpy dowh hill sections.
>
> and the worst part....
>
> my buddy Scott didn't get to have his margarita for taking care of me and
> driving me to the ER.
>
> Gary (OTB CRASH) Williams

No I don't like to hear this. Sorry about your injury, if it helps I
suppose you could blame JD.

I still have not got my courage back after my shoulder separation last year.
I now end up walking stuff I know I could clean. Being 53 years old it took
me 5 weeks before I could get on the bike again. It put me into a major
funk...riding is so much of my everyday that I am do not take many big
risks.

Heal fast dude, make sure to support your side when you try and get
some sleep to stop yourself rolling over onto it.
Steve.

GeeDubb wrote:

> I felt good and did some drops I wouldn't normally do due to the
> coaching the past weekend by JD. Then the inevitable happened....I
> lived up to my "Crash" nickname and managed a spectacular OTB on a nasty
> drop into a wash. Going in, I hadn't heard that one of the better
> technical riders had crashed seconds before me on the same
> drop.....duh......hind sight and all.

Wow, bummer. Merry F#&%!ng Christmas huh? Heal well and remember
yesterday was the shortest day of the year so you've got lots of time to
recuperate before prime season.

Shawn

GeeDubb wrote:
> So the last TNR of the year took place last night. A good turnout with
> a couple of the girls showing up and many on ss. We chose to park at
> Aunt Chilada's Mexican restaurant so we could end the ride with a dirt
> washing by margarita and food to restore the energy drain from the fast
> paced night ride.
>
> I felt good and did some drops I wouldn't normally do due to the
> coaching the past weekend by JD. Then the inevitable happened....I
> lived up to my "Crash" nickname and managed a spectacular OTB on a nasty
> drop into a wash. Going in, I hadn't heard that one of the better
> technical riders had crashed seconds before me on the same
> drop.....duh......hind sight and all.
>
> So here I sit for the next 6-8 weeks with a broken collar. I did manage
> to ride part of the way out but couldn't handle the jarring motion of
> the bumpy dowh hill sections.
>
> and the worst part....
>
> my buddy Scott didn't get to have his margarita for taking care of me
> and driving me to the ER.
>
> Gary (OTB CRASH) Williams

That sucks! Hope the healing goes quickly!

Matt