I just bought an Iron hOrse Quantum for $269 from Sports Authority. Piece Of S***!

MikeyG

Jun 10, 2007
Hey guys. I just bought an Iron Horse Quantum for $269 from Sports Authority on May 29, 2007. It was sitting in my basement since then and today is the first chance I've had to try it out since purchasing it. Today is Sunday, June 10, 2007. I got on the bike at approximately 2:21 p.m. and was riding it on the street. About six blocks later, I was pushing the bike back home because I had snapped the chain!

I am 42 years old, and have owned many bikes in my day, many of which were ridden very hard (I ride on hiking trails and through state parks) and have never broken a chain. I've never even heard of someone breaking a chain. I've been on $59 Wal-Mart bikes (borrowed for a day) while riding through wooded areas with no problems. The list price for this Quantum bike was originally $599. I watched it come down in price to $499 and then $299 (where I got a 10% discount for a scuff mark) finally paying $269. I still feel like I got ripped off. I am returning it to Sports Authority tomorow I hope for a full refund.

Do you have any suggestions on what to buy for a comparable price?