I just got a 2001 Bianchi Pista frame

Ricitius

Jul 26, 2005
I swapped everything I had to it (wheels, chain, drop bar, brake and levers along with everything that comes with it) and rode it... For some reason it's the most comfortable bicycle I've ever been on. It's ridiculous. It feels as if I'm floating on my seat. I thought it was going to be more uncomfortable since the sitting position will change etc, but that's not the case. Anyone else had this feeling on a new bike. I just got it b/c my 81 Motobecane Super Olympia's BB broke. It's French threaded so I looked for a used bike. All I want it for is commuting; as luck would have it I found this Pista frame on Craigslist. It has a dent on the top tube due to a theft of the bike a while back. But it rides sweet!

I raced for awhile back in the 1980's and was sponsored by a LBS who supplied me with a Raleigh Supercourse. When I had to stop racing, they sold the bike to someone else as I could not afford to purchase it at that time. After nearly a decade, I was able to track down and purchase the bike from the owner who had hardly ridden it. After I got it back and tuned it up, it was the sweetest ride that I had ever taken. So I got the feeling on a not so new but also a new bike that I had ridden before. Figure that one out.

I still enjoy riding it, but only on special occasions now as it receives a full tune up and lube after every ride. I'm just trying to keep it original, can't find Shimano 500EX Exage components anymore. The photo that I use for my avatar is my baby:p!

kdelong said:
I raced for awhile back in the 1980's and was sponsored by a LBS who supplied me with a Raleigh Supercourse. When I had to stop racing, they sold the bike to someone else as I could not afford to purchase it at that time. After nearly a decade, I was able to track down and purchase the bike from the owner who had hardly ridden it. After I got it back and tuned it up, it was the sweetest ride that I had ever taken. So I got the feeling on a not so new but also a new bike that I had ridden before. Figure that one out.

I still enjoy riding it, but only on special occasions now as it receives a full tune up and lube after every ride. I'm just trying to keep it original, can't find Shimano 500EX Exage components anymore. The photo that I use for my avatar is my baby:p!
Oh nice, I can't believe you were able to get your bike back. How lucky to have it around this long and in great condition I presume. Seems like you take care of it. This frame I just received belonged to two other people before me. The previous owner wanted to get rid of it since it was recently stolen from him, he found it but to him had bad vibes all over it. I'm more than happy to give it another lease at life. It's an amazing ride. I think it's the way the frame is made, so light and simple. I think the next component for it will be a Zero Gravity front brake. Can't be too safe. As my friend said, "I'm a gaucho and I'm going to ride it until it cannot be ridden any more."