I just got a new unicycle T-Shirt! (warning: Funny/offensive)

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Skippii, Apr 17, 2006.

  1. will u sell one?
    (only if it says spokanes unicycle gang(preferabbly club instead of
    gang if u can...)
    private message me !!!!!!!!!!

    --
    Mike The Uni Man

    -Mike T. Voss my initials are M.T.V. haha

    <quote from that fat weird guy at les schuab> hey man do a
    wheelie!!!!!!
    Mike The Uni Man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11729

  2. boo radley

    boo radley Guest

    funny that seager would find this offensive and yet think that making
    fun of some guy for getting hit by a 'hurricane'
    (http://tinyurl.com/n87vt) is witty.

    --
    boo radley

    "no really, are you sure you love me more than your unicycle?" -my gf

    "America is my country and I love her. I wouldn't enter her in any way
    that's unnatural." - hank hill
    boo radley's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10484

  3. Pantalones

    Pantalones Guest

  4. Seager

    Seager Guest

    boo radley wrote:
    > funny that seager would find this offensive and yet think that making
    > fun of some guy for getting hit by a 'hurricane'
    > (http://tinyurl.com/n87vt) is witty.

    Yup, you've sure got me pegged. :rolleyes:

    That's the thing, I'm not easilly offended. I was making 9-11 jokes
    the day of 9-11. I'm probably on of the worst people you'll ever meet
    for thinking the world is too easilly offended and not caring. The
    shirt did not offend me. I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of
    hating bikers and calling them stuck up when this shirt clearly shows
    unicyclers as being stuck up and elitist. You are the guys with your
    panties in a bunch and who are unwilling to admit that you can't live
    in a glass house and still throw stones.

    --
    Seager

    'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com) | 'Unexpected Failure
    Productions' (http://www.unexpectedfailure.com) | 'Moab'
    (http://tinyurl.com/9fxuv)
    Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840

  5. Skippii

    Skippii Guest

    I am actually a very nice person. I just have a rather warped sense of
    humor. The shirt is nothing more than a joke. Some of my best friends
    are avid bicyclists, and they thought it was very funny, so I decided
    to go ahead and get one printed.
    I'm not trying to offend anyone, nor am I ever offended by comments
    like "Where's the other whee?" and "What kind of bike is that?" and
    "Get a real bike, faggot! (I actually get that one a lot.)"
    I just thought the shirt was so over-the-top rediculous that no one
    would take it seriously. I actually came up with the idea last year,
    and looked into getting it printed then. But a few times when I'm out
    on the town, mothers or fathers (or even school bus drivers) will stop
    their kids and tell them to look at me, and how cool it is. It then
    occured to me that I might not be the best role model wearing this
    shirt. Now, my ponytail is easily long enough to cover up all the
    writing on the back, so I can ride to college, and then put my hair up,
    thus only offending college age kids who deserve it.

    For those of you who were interested in having your own, I'll look into
    it, and find out some price options.

    --
    Skippii

    One for the Road: Harrisonburg's Unicycle gang.
    Skippii's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7822

  6. edsbelly

    edsbelly Guest

  7. Wheel Rider

    Wheel Rider Guest

    Skippii wrote:
    > ... It then occured to me that I might not be the best role model
    > wearing this shirt....

    Glad to hear you have some scruples about this.

    --
    Wheel Rider

    A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
    blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
    Wheel Rider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10656

  8. boo radley

    boo radley Guest

    Seager wrote:
    > Yup, you've sure got me pegged. :rolleyes:
    >
    > That's the thing, I'm not easilly offended. I was making 9-11 jokes the
    > day of 9-11. I'm probably one of the worst people you'll ever meet for
    > thinking the world is too easilly offended and not caring. The shirt
    > did not offend me. I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of hating
    > bikers and calling them stuck up when this shirt clearly shows
    > unicyclers as being stuck up and elitist. You are the guys with your
    > panties in a bunch and who are unwilling to admit that you can't live
    > in a glass house and still throw stones.

    making fun of hurricane/9-11/tornado/etc victims is not funny, it's not
    offensive, it's not clever, it's must mind numbingly lame. it takes no
    thought, you simply laugh whenever there's a disaster. i enjoy making
    fun of people as much as the next guy, but at least put some thought
    into it. bleh... forget it.

    let us know how people react skippi.

    --
    boo radley

    "no really, are you sure you love me more than your unicycle?" -my gf

    "America is my country and I love her. I wouldn't enter her in any way
    that's unnatural." - hank hill
    boo radley's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10484

  9. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    Skippii wrote:

    > For those of you who were interested in having your own, I'll look into
    > it, and find out some price options.

    please pm or something if you decide to seel, and if you will, could
    you do a different town on the front? either way, i would buy one if
    you end up selling =p

    --
    Jerrick

    kristine wrote:
    > Great minds think alike....
    > orrrrr... great minds get naked and unicycle?

  10. Seager

    Seager Guest

    boo radley wrote:
    > making fun of hurricane/9-11/tornado/etc victims is not funny, it's not
    > offensive, it's not clever, it's must mind numbingly lame.

    Well, the hurricane joke, when taken in context, was just offensive vs
    offensive. The 9-11 jokes, well... you never heard the jokes. Maybe
    they WERE clever, you'll never know. I'm certainly not going to post
    them here. They were between me and my like minded friends. MAYBE
    some people grieve through laughter. I have some great jokes about my
    Mom that died 2 years ago (on mother's day, no less) that'd have you in
    stitches, if you were me. Having your own Mom die on mother's day is
    freakin' comic gold. You grieve in your way, I'll grieve in my way.

    Luckilly I don't really care if you think me laughing about things and
    making jokes at the expense of natural and unnatural disasters is
    "numbingly lame." I just mentioned that stuff to prove a point - that
    my objection to the shirt was NOT based on it being offensive
    (obviously I don't care) but on the basis of the hypocricy. *(although
    skippi has succesfuly defended himself and has convinced me that he is
    not a hypocrite.)*

    --
    Seager

    'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com) | 'Unexpected Failure
    Productions' (http://www.unexpectedfailure.com) | 'Moab'
    (http://tinyurl.com/9fxuv)
    Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840

  11. Skippii

    Skippii Guest

    I think I'm going to do a small run of these shirts soon. I won't be
    changing the name of the gang, though, to keep costs down.

    I wore it to my university classes. Some of the classmates said they
    thought it was a little extreme, but all my professors LOVED it, and
    one said she wanted to buy one.

    --
    Skippii

    One for the Road: Harrisonburg's Unicycle gang.
    Skippii's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7822

  12. tomsey

    tomsey Guest

  13. epistolize

    epistolize Guest

    f*** me, yeah

    --
    epistolize

    my sig is a squiggle, but my keyboard like a trusty secretary always
    organises my thoughts into lines of legible text in files so I can
    scream and beat up on my computer when it crashes and I haven't backed
    up.

    Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet soup? 'Bite Me'
    epistolize's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11876

  14. Jim_Rob

    Jim_Rob Guest

    ......and the horse you rode in on - Now that makes sense.

    ......and the bike you rode in on - That just sounds painful.

    --
    Jim_Rob

    TTFN- JR

    The Sage claims nothing, and so cannot be reproached, Lao Tzu
    Jim_Rob's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3824

  15. Matt_V

    Matt_V Guest

    I saw this thread and for some reason the pictures on the first post
    won't show up.

    This is driving me crazy, what was on the shirt that bikers would find
    so offensive?

    --
    Matt_V

    -Matt
    *)--360--O*The Unispin Elite
    'You are invited' (www.lost.eu/3c846)
    My msn: [email protected] - Add me if you wish
    http://www.usenet.com

  16. mill_mobile

    mill_mobile Guest

    Matt_V wrote:
    > I saw this thread and for some reason the pictures on the first post
    > won't show up.
    >
    > This is driving me crazy, what was on the shirt that bikers would find
    > so offensive?

    Yeah, i wanna know too.
    Someone out there please enlighten us.

    --
    mill_mobile
    http://www.usenet.com

  17. After reading the first page I'm about 95% sure it had a pic of a uni on
    the front and said "F**K B*KERS" on the back.

    --
    captainkrunk61

    'unicoreok.com' (http://unicoreok.com)
    http://www.usenet.com

  18. mcnuggets300

    mcnuggets300 Guest

    i cant see the pics :(

    --
    mcnuggets300

    there's the right way, there's the wrong way, and there's my way

    pkplonker's got it right:
    ~<''>~ Unicycle for the Flying Spaghetti Monster ~<''>~
    http://www.usenet.com

  19. Hazmat

    Hazmat Guest

    I would have something like

    *Front:*
    What's so much fun and can be ridden all day, everyday??

    *Back:*
    A unicycle, if you guessed bike. Get a better hobby. :D

    --
    Hazmat

    *1 weird greek cypriot australian destined to be different.*

    *The Hazmat Poll*: *Please vote* :D
    http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59458
    *Hazmats Unicycle Design/Creation competition*. :D
    http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60806
    http://www.usenet.com

  20. Brian O.

    Brian O. Guest

    Hazmat wrote:
    > I would have something like
    >

    > FRONT:
    > What's so much fun and can be ridden all day, everyday??
    >

    > *Back:*
    > A unicycle, if you guessed bike. Get a better hobby. :D

    And people would laugh at you, that is assuming that they took the time
    to read it all.

    Captainkrunk is right about what it said.

    --
    Brian O.

    mscalisi wrote:
    > We only need one 36" rim, one that doesn't suck. A properly sized KH rim
    > (like the 29er only larger) would be awesome.

    'ProjectUNI' (http://www.otherworldsociety.org/projectuni) - The
    Unicyclist PC Game - In Early Development.
    http://www.usenet.com