I just got a new unicycle T-Shirt! (warning: Funny/offensive)

will u sell one?
(only if it says spokanes unicycle gang(preferabbly club instead of
gang if u can...)
private message me !!!!!!!!!!

--
Mike The Uni Man

-Mike T. Voss my initials are M.T.V. haha

<quote from that fat weird guy at les schuab> hey man do a
wheelie!!!!!!
Mike The Uni Man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11729

funny that seager would find this offensive and yet think that making
fun of some guy for getting hit by a 'hurricane'
(http://tinyurl.com/n87vt) is witty.

--
boo radley

"no really, are you sure you love me more than your unicycle?" -my gf

"America is my country and I love her. I wouldn't enter her in any way
that's unnatural." - hank hill
boo radley's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10484

boo radley wrote:
> funny that seager would find this offensive and yet think that making
> fun of some guy for getting hit by a 'hurricane'
> (http://tinyurl.com/n87vt) is witty.

Yup, you've sure got me pegged. :rolleyes:

That's the thing, I'm not easilly offended. I was making 9-11 jokes
the day of 9-11. I'm probably on of the worst people you'll ever meet
for thinking the world is too easilly offended and not caring. The
shirt did not offend me. I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of
hating bikers and calling them stuck up when this shirt clearly shows
unicyclers as being stuck up and elitist. You are the guys with your
panties in a bunch and who are unwilling to admit that you can't live
in a glass house and still throw stones.

--
Seager

'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com) | 'Unexpected Failure
Productions' (http://www.unexpectedfailure.com) | 'Moab'
(http://tinyurl.com/9fxuv)
Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840

I am actually a very nice person. I just have a rather warped sense of
humor. The shirt is nothing more than a joke. Some of my best friends
are avid bicyclists, and they thought it was very funny, so I decided
to go ahead and get one printed.
I'm not trying to offend anyone, nor am I ever offended by comments
like "Where's the other whee?" and "What kind of bike is that?" and
"Get a real bike, ******! (I actually get that one a lot.)"
I just thought the shirt was so over-the-top rediculous that no one
would take it seriously. I actually came up with the idea last year,
and looked into getting it printed then. But a few times when I'm out
on the town, mothers or fathers (or even school bus drivers) will stop
their kids and tell them to look at me, and how cool it is. It then
occured to me that I might not be the best role model wearing this
shirt. Now, my ponytail is easily long enough to cover up all the
writing on the back, so I can ride to college, and then put my hair up,
thus only offending college age kids who deserve it.

For those of you who were interested in having your own, I'll look into
it, and find out some price options.

--
Skippii

One for the Road: Harrisonburg's Unicycle gang.
Skippii's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7822

Skippii wrote:
> ... It then occured to me that I might not be the best role model
> wearing this shirt....

Glad to hear you have some scruples about this.

--
Wheel Rider

A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
Wheel Rider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10656

Seager wrote:
> Yup, you've sure got me pegged. :rolleyes:
>
> That's the thing, I'm not easilly offended. I was making 9-11 jokes the
> day of 9-11. I'm probably one of the worst people you'll ever meet for
> thinking the world is too easilly offended and not caring. The shirt
> did not offend me. I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of hating
> bikers and calling them stuck up when this shirt clearly shows
> unicyclers as being stuck up and elitist. You are the guys with your
> panties in a bunch and who are unwilling to admit that you can't live
> in a glass house and still throw stones.

making fun of hurricane/9-11/tornado/etc victims is not funny, it's not
offensive, it's not clever, it's must mind numbingly lame. it takes no
thought, you simply laugh whenever there's a disaster. i enjoy making
fun of people as much as the next guy, but at least put some thought
into it. bleh... forget it.

let us know how people react skippi.

--

Skippii wrote:

> For those of you who were interested in having your own, I'll look into
> it, and find out some price options.

please pm or something if you decide to seel, and if you will, could
you do a different town on the front? either way, i would buy one if
you end up selling =p

--
Jerrick

boo radley wrote:
> making fun of hurricane/9-11/tornado/etc victims is not funny, it's not
> offensive, it's not clever, it's must mind numbingly lame.

Well, the hurricane joke, when taken in context, was just offensive vs
offensive. The 9-11 jokes, well... you never heard the jokes. Maybe
they WERE clever, you'll never know. I'm certainly not going to post
them here. They were between me and my like minded friends. MAYBE
some people grieve through laughter. I have some great jokes about my
Mom that died 2 years ago (on mother's day, no less) that'd have you in
stitches, if you were me. Having your own Mom die on mother's day is
freakin' comic gold. You grieve in your way, I'll grieve in my way.

Luckilly I don't really care if you think me laughing about things and
making jokes at the expense of natural and unnatural disasters is
"numbingly lame." I just mentioned that stuff to prove a point - that
my objection to the shirt was NOT based on it being offensive
(obviously I don't care) but on the basis of the hypocricy. *(although
skippi has succesfuly defended himself and has convinced me that he is
not a hypocrite.)*

--
Seager

'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com) | 'Unexpected Failure
Productions' (http://www.unexpectedfailure.com) | 'Moab'
(http://tinyurl.com/9fxuv)
Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840

I think I'm going to do a small run of these shirts soon. I won't be
changing the name of the gang, though, to keep costs down.

I wore it to my university classes. Some of the classmates said they
thought it was a little extreme, but all my professors LOVED it, and
one said she wanted to buy one.

--
Skippii

One for the Road: Harrisonburg's Unicycle gang.
Skippii's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7822

f*** me, yeah

--
epistolize

my sig is a squiggle, but my keyboard like a trusty secretary always
organises my thoughts into lines of legible text in files so I can
scream and beat up on my computer when it crashes and I haven't backed
up.

Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet soup? 'Bite Me'
epistolize's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11876

I saw this thread and for some reason the pictures on the first post
won't show up.

This is driving me crazy, what was on the shirt that bikers would find
so offensive?

--
Matt_V

-Matt
*)--360--O*The Unispin Elite
'You are invited' (www.lost.eu/3c846)
My msn: [email protected] - Add me if you wish
http://www.usenet.com

Matt_V wrote:
> I saw this thread and for some reason the pictures on the first post
> won't show up.
>
> This is driving me crazy, what was on the shirt that bikers would find
> so offensive?

Yeah, i wanna know too.
Someone out there please enlighten us.

--
mill_mobile
http://www.usenet.com

After reading the first page I'm about 95% sure it had a pic of a uni on
the front and said "F**K B*KERS" on the back.

--
captainkrunk61

'unicoreok.com' (http://unicoreok.com)
http://www.usenet.com

i cant see the pics :(

--
mcnuggets300

there's the right way, there's the wrong way, and there's my way

pkplonker's got it right:
~<''>~ Unicycle for the Flying Spaghetti Monster ~<''>~
http://www.usenet.com

I would have something like

*Front:*
What's so much fun and can be ridden all day, everyday??

*Back:*
A unicycle, if you guessed bike. Get a better hobby. :D

--
Hazmat

*1 weird greek cypriot australian destined to be different.*

*The Hazmat Poll*: *Please vote* :D
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59458
*Hazmats Unicycle Design/Creation competition*. :D
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60806
http://www.usenet.com

Hazmat wrote:
> I would have something like
>

> FRONT:
> What's so much fun and can be ridden all day, everyday??
>

> *Back:*
> A unicycle, if you guessed bike. Get a better hobby. :D

And people would laugh at you, that is assuming that they took the time
to read it all.

Captainkrunk is right about what it said.

--
Brian O.

mscalisi wrote:
> We only need one 36" rim, one that doesn't suck. A properly sized KH rim
> (like the 29er only larger) would be awesome.

'ProjectUNI' (http://www.otherworldsociety.org/projectuni) - The
Unicyclist PC Game - In Early Development.
http://www.usenet.com