I JUST got robbed in a Starbucks

jeffnyc

Sep 19, 2007
I know this is unrelated..BUT it' just happened to me. I was at the office today (ok...Starbucks) and went through the usual routine. Dropped laptop bag on my usual table, went up to the counter and ordered usual (iced coffee), paid and went to put in my milk. I went back to the table and yelled, "Where's my laptop!!!??"

I ran out the door in the hopes of seeing someone running away. Well..I saw, 1.5 blocks away, a pair of black shoes turning a corner and running. So I took off, dropping my new ray bans in the process, and sprinted! As I was running I kept thinking "this is so damn New York..I'm actually the guy running down 2nd avenue after a thief." I think the fact that my entire life was in the laptop gave me a little extra incentive so after a 3 minute chase I finally got close enough to the guy and yelled something like, "I'm gonna break you," (I actually laughed as I said it cuz it was such a lame and un-me thing to say). But..it worked.. the guy spun around..stopped running and said really nicely, "Oh..is this yours? I didn't know..Here ya go."!!!

I thought for a second about pinning him down and getting the cops...but then I thought..Do I really want to get involved? I let him go.

I went back to Starbucks to try to find my glasses but now they were gone. I asked 2 guys if they'd seen them and the one dude sheepishly went into his backpack and handed them to me as he said, "Sorry man, I thought you stole them and dropped them as you were running away from someone."

Jeff-2
People who steal-0

PS: I just wrote a song about it..it's posted at www.jeffkrantzmusic.com/jeffkrantz