I just quit da baccy.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Shaun Rimmer, May 20, 2004.

  1. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Been around 12+ hours since the last one.

    I been hallucinating most of the morning, and still am.

    I am hallucinating quite heavily.

    Seriously.

    Stuff don't look normal at all, everything's all bright, and
    stuff that shouldn't be yellow at all is very yellow indeed.

    I've only bumped into walls/door frames 3 or 4 times so far.

    My head and body are full of strange sensations.

    I can't get a straight answer from my head.

    My mouth keeps watering.

    I wanna eat like worse than the megamunchies.

    I feel strangely calm yet tense.

    No but I find I feel rather short on patience...with
    customers on the phone especially...why the hell do these
    folks want more than 5 variations of the

    We have more monkeys than organ grinders.

    I'm doing OK I think, thanks ',;~}~

    OK, but I gotta go now.

    Shaun aRe running outa things here to chew...bite...hard...

    Tags:

  2. Colin Swan

    Colin Swan Guest

    On Thu, 20 May 2004 13:38:29 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Been around 12+ hours since the last one.
    >
    >I been hallucinating most of the morning, and still am.
    >
    >I am hallucinating quite heavily.
    >
    >Seriously.
    >
    >Stuff don't look normal at all, everything's all
    >bright, and stuff that shouldn't be yellow at all is
    >very yellow indeed.
    >
    >I've only bumped into walls/door frames 3 or 4 times so
    >far.
    >
    >My head and body are full of strange sensations.
    >
    >I can't get a straight answer from my head.
    >
    >My mouth keeps watering.
    >
    >I wanna eat like worse than the megamunchies.
    >
    >I feel strangely calm yet tense.
    >
    >No but I find I feel rather short on patience...with
    >customers on the phone especially...why the hell do these
    >folks want more than 5 variations of the

    >We have more monkeys than organ grinders.
    >
    >I'm doing OK I think, thanks ',;~}~
    >
    >OK, but I gotta go now.
    >

    >Shaun aRe running outa things here to chew...bite...hard...

    Well done, keep it up, you know it makes sense!

    Just hope it doesn't change your "unique" posting style :)

    --
    Colin Swan

  3. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    "Colin Swan" <colin AT nildram DOT net> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 20 May 2004 13:38:29 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >Been around 12+ hours since the last one.
    > >
    > >I been hallucinating most of the morning, and still am.
    > >
    > >I am hallucinating quite heavily.
    > >
    > >Seriously.
    > >
    > >Stuff don't look normal at all, everything's all bright,
    > >and stuff that shouldn't be yellow at all is very yellow
    > >indeed.
    > >
    > >I've only bumped into walls/door frames 3 or 4 times
    > >so far.
    > >
    > >My head and body are full of strange sensations.
    > >
    > >I can't get a straight answer from my head.
    > >
    > >My mouth keeps watering.
    > >
    > >I wanna eat like worse than the megamunchies.
    > >
    > >I feel strangely calm yet tense.
    > >
    > >No but I find I feel rather short on patience...with
    > >customers on the
    phone
    > >especially...why the hell do these folks want more than 5
    > >variations of
    the

    > >We have more monkeys than organ grinders.
    > >
    > >I'm doing OK I think, thanks ',;~}~
    > >
    > >OK, but I gotta go now.
    > >

    > >Shaun aRe running outa things here to
    > >chew...bite...hard...
    > >

    > Well done, keep it up, you know it makes sense!

    Yes it does. Especially when one is unable to stop coughing
    heavily right around the clock. Was making my commutes very
    very difficult, and I seemed to be smoking more each week
    too. I think my smoking had doubled in less than 6 months.

    > Just hope it doesn't change your "unique" posting
    > style :)

    Oh I dunno what you mean about that I'm...I forget.

    Shaun aRe

  4. On 2004-05-20, Shaun Rimmer penned:

    > Been around 12+ hours since the last one.

    Congrats!

    I'm sure it's about the toughest thing you'll ever have to
    do, but it'll be worth it.

    Keep up the good work!

    --
    monique

  5. S O R N I

    S O R N I Guest

    Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    > Been around 12+ hours since the last one. {Withdrawal
    > withdrawn}

    At first I thought you'd left your job at a bakery. (Note to
    self: GET YOUR FRIGGIN' EYES CHECKED, YA GIT!)

    Great move, Shaun -- it's going to be the hardest but best
    thing you've ever done.

    Sounds like you're not using the gum or patches? Are you
    MAD, man?!? (Ask a silly question. :) ) However, if you CAN
    do it without the chemical help, it's better in the long
    run, as you're off the nicotine that much sooner.

    I quit smoking (VERY heavily) back in 1991 -- got into
    running and working out, then riding -- and all was well
    until I attended a convention in 2000. Started smoking
    cigars, and next thing you know I'm buying boxes of 'em off
    the internet and inhaling the bejeezus out of them.

    Got away with it for quite a while (and lost a lot of
    weight!), but eventually I was hacking at the start of rides
    and generally sucking wind. When I bought a few cartons of
    Kools toward the end, I knew I had to quit.

    hard addiction, that.

    Best of luck,

    Bill "if I can do it you can too" S.

    PS: Might as well enjoy the symptoms -- free trip! (Like
    you need help in that area ;-)

  6. D-Dub

    D-Dub Guest

    Buddhist Approach

    The easiest way to quit smoking is to quit smoking........

    " S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    > > Been around 12+ hours since the last one. {Withdrawal
    > > withdrawn}
    >
    > At first I thought you'd left your job at a bakery. (Note
    > to self: GET YOUR FRIGGIN' EYES CHECKED, YA GIT!)
    >
    > Great move, Shaun -- it's going to be the hardest but best
    > thing you've
    ever
    > done.
    >
    > Sounds like you're not using the gum or patches? Are you
    > MAD, man?!?
    (Ask
    > a silly question. :) ) However, if you CAN do it without
    > the chemical
    help,
    > it's better in the long run, as you're off the nicotine
    > that much sooner.
    >
    > I quit smoking (VERY heavily) back in 1991 -- got into
    > running and working out, then riding -- and all was well
    > until I attended a convention in
    2000.
    > Started smoking cigars, and next thing you know I'm buying
    > boxes of 'em
    off
    > the internet and inhaling the bejeezus out of them.
    >
    > Got away with it for quite a while (and lost a lot of
    > weight!), but eventually I was hacking at the start of
    > rides and generally sucking wind. When I bought a few
    > cartons of Kools toward the end, I knew I had to quit.
    >

    > hard addiction, that.
    >
    > Best of luck,
    >
    > Bill "if I can do it you can too" S.
    >
    > PS: Might as well enjoy the symptoms -- free trip! (Like
    > you need help
    in
    > that area ;-)

  7. S O R N I

    S O R N I Guest

    D-DUB wrote:
    > Buddhist Approach
    >
    > The easiest way to quit smoking is to quit smoking........

    Spoken like a true top-posting non-addict. (Smiley face
    optional.)

    Bill "sure, just do it...but chew da gum, too" S.

  8. Lenny

    Lenny Guest

    "D-DUB" <[email protected]_edge_of_ the_world.com> wrote:

    > Buddhist Approach
    >
    > The easiest way to quit smoking is to quit smoking........

    Personally I favor never starting, but that's just me... ;)

  9. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    Lenny wrote:
    > "D-DUB" <[email protected]_edge_of_ the_world.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Buddhist Approach
    >>
    >> The easiest way to quit smoking is to quit
    >> smoking........
    >
    > Personally I favor never starting, but that's just
    > me... ;)

    That's how I did it!

    Matt

  10. Westie

    Westie Guest

    Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    > Been around 12+ hours since the last one.
    >
    > I been hallucinating most of the morning, and still am.
    >
    > I am hallucinating quite heavily.

    You say this like it's a bad thing. Coming from you I find
    that quite... odd. Good luck with it. Work through it minute
    by minute and you'll make it.
    --
    Westie (Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

  11. Gabrielle

    Gabrielle Guest

    On Thu, 20 May 2004 13:38:29 +0100, Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    > Been around 12+ hours since the last one.

    So all that's left is the "wacky", right? ;)

    Good luck!

    gabrielle

  12. Westie

    Westie Guest

    S o r n i wrote:

    > Been smoke-free since December 27, 2002, and I *STILL*
    > miss it.

    I've been smoke free since 19th June of 1999, until I took
    it up again about 6 weeks ago! Due to a complex and
    stressful set of circumstances I thought it was a good idea
    at the time (hows that for clear thinking?) Unbelieveable.
    Still, maybe today will be the day I drop it again?
    --
    Westie (Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

  13. Jonesy

    Jonesy Guest

    "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Been around 12+ hours since the last one.

    Growing up on the farm, the guys all dipped snuff. Took me
    about 5 years of off and on quitting to beat it. It's damn
    hard, but worth
    it.

    It's hard to MTB when yer dead, or your lungs are completely
    eaten away, or your heart can barely pump around the liquid.

    You done good - keep it up. Heck, I haven't thought about
    dipping snuff all week. Must be getting over it. :)

    I figured this - the money I *didn't* spend on tobacco, I
    can spend on bike parts. By that calculation, I still am up
    an Ibis Bow Ti, with full XTR, full CK, Fox TALAS fork (or a
    Maverick one like Pete has) and enough money to take it over
    to where you are and stay a couple of months doing nothing
    but riding.

    It really does cost a shitpile of money to keep the nicotine
    monkey on your back.
    --
    Jonesy

  14. Sorni says:

    >I quit smoking (VERY heavily) back in 1991 -- got into
    >running and working out, then riding -- and all was well
    >until I attended a convention in 2000. Started smoking
    >cigars, and next thing you know I'm buying boxes of 'em off
    >the internet and inhaling the bejeezus out of them.

    Sounds familiar. I quit a while ago, and have started
    smoking my old pipe. It seemed like a shame to let such a
    fine piece of briar go to rot in a desk drawer, and you
    just can't give away old pipes (no-one wants 'em!) So far,
    it's just an "at home" thing, but when it escalates (which
    it will...) or the urge to buy cigs appears, it's back on
    the patch.

    Steve "still quitting after all these years."

  15. S O R N I

    S O R N I Guest

    Stephen Baker wrote:
    > Sorni says:
    >
    >> I quit smoking (VERY heavily) back in 1991 -- got into
    >> running and working out, then riding -- and all was well
    >> until I attended a convention in 2000. Started smoking
    >> cigars, and next thing you know I'm buying boxes of 'em
    >> off the internet and inhaling the bejeezus out of them.
    >>

    > Sounds familiar. I quit a while ago, and have started
    > smoking my old pipe. It seemed like a shame to let such a
    > fine piece of briar go to rot in a desk drawer, and you
    > just can't give away old pipes (no-one wants 'em!) So far,
    > it's just an "at home" thing, but when it escalates (which
    > it will...) or the urge to buy cigs appears, it's back on
    > the patch.
    >
    > Steve "still quitting after all these years."

    Hmmmm...... A PIPE!!! Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.

    Bill "back to addiction, that is" S.

    PS: You inhaling that sucka yet, SB?!?

  16. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    > Been around 12+ hours since the last one.
    >
    > I wanna eat like worse than the megamunchies.
    >
    > I feel strangely calm yet tense.
    >
    > I'm doing OK I think, thanks ',;~}~

    Very cool. I smoked for many years... quit cold turkey. The
    first couple of weeks are brutal, but once your system
    clears out, it's cake.

    Speaking of such: cherish those skinny-ass pictures of
    yourself because you're about to SuperSize your arse!!!
    --
    Slacker

  17. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Westie wrote:

    > S o r n i wrote:
    >

    >>Been smoke-free since December 27, 2002, and I *STILL*
    >>miss it.

    > I've been smoke free since 19th June of 1999, until I took
    > it up again about 6 weeks ago! Due to a complex and
    > stressful set of circumstances I thought it was a good
    > idea at the time (hows that for clear thinking?)
    > Unbelieveable. Still, maybe today will be the day I drop
    > it again?

    Don't be a pitiful ass and say, "maybe today." Just do it.
    You did it before, right, so you already know you're
    capable. Do it man, pull all the cigs out of the pack,
    squish them it your hands. Put some of the tabaccy in our
    mouth and chew it... that's right it's nasty. Throw the
    matches/lighter away too. Now don't look back.
    --
    Dr. Slack

  18. S O R N I

    S O R N I Guest

    Slacker wrote (to Westie):

    > Don't be a pitiful ass and say, "maybe today." Just do it.
    > You did it before, right, so you already know you're
    > capable. Do it man, pull all the cigs out of the pack,
    > squish them it your hands. Put some of the tabaccy in our
    > mouth and chew it... that's right it's nasty. Throw the
    > matches/lighter away too. Now don't look back.

    You still chewin', Slack? (Or just spewin', hack?!? :)

    Bill "IIRC(@SJT)" S.

  19. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    S o r n i wrote:
    > Slacker wrote (to Westie):
    >
    >>Don't be a pitiful ass and say, "maybe today." Just do it.
    >>You did it before, right, so you already know you're
    >>capable. Do it man, pull all the cigs out of the pack,
    >>squish them it your hands. Put some of the tabaccy in our
    >>mouth and chew it... that's right it's nasty. Throw the
    >>matches/lighter away too. Now don't look back.
    >

    > You still chewin', Slack? (Or just spewin', hack?!? :)
    >
    > Bill "IIRC(@SJT)" S.

    hahaha.... funny you mention that. Hope none of you boys are
    riding SJT tomorrow morning :))

    And now, I need my DH sleep......
    --
    Slacker

  20. S O R N I

    S O R N I Guest

    Slacker wrote:
    > S o r n i wrote:
    >> Slacker wrote (to Westie):
    >>
    >>> Don't be a pitiful ass and say, "maybe today." Just do
    >>> it. You did it before, right, so you already know you're
    >>> capable. Do it man, pull all the cigs out of the pack,
    >>> squish them it your hands. Put some of the tabaccy in
    >>> our mouth and chew it... that's right it's nasty. Throw
    >>> the matches/lighter away too. Now don't look back.
    >>

    >> You still chewin', Slack? (Or just spewin', hack?!? :)
    >>
    >> Bill "IIRC(@SJT)" S.
    >>

    > hahaha.... funny you mention that. Hope none of you boys
    > are riding SJT tomorrow morning :))
    >
    > And now, I need my DH sleep......

    Nice avoidance of the question!

    Bill "do (did) you or do (did) you not chew too-backie?" S.