I just quit da baccy.

> The key is not having "access" to tobacco (cigs, cigars,
> chews, etc.). If I had anything /in my house/, I'd be
> powerless to leave it alone I think. (And I never just
> "hang out" with smokers, either, for the same reason.)
>
> Bill "keep it up, Westie" S.

Listen to the wise words from the wiseass, Westie.

--
Slacker ;-)

"D-DUB" <DDB@the_edge_of_ the_world.com> wrote in message
> how about the the opposite direction of lung cancer, heart
> disease, mouth cancer, throat cancer,
> emphysema...............

YaY! I'm all for that - even got a route map!

Shaun aRe <cough!

Slacker wrote:
>> The key is not having "access" to tobacco (cigs, cigars,
>> chews, etc.). If I had anything /in my house/, I'd be
>> powerless to leave it alone I think. (And I never just
>> "hang out" with smokers, either, for the same reason.)
>>
>> Bill "keep it up, Westie" S.
>>

> Listen to the wise words from the wiseass, Westie.

Went to trouble of solving my server issues just to
see THAT?!?

Bill "watch yer back, Slack" S.

S o r n i wrote:
> Westie wrote:
>> I was fairly tired and quite stressed after a long, busy
>> week. One day after a particularly bad afternoon, I found
>> myself on a break outside the back kitchen with some of
>> the smokers, and said "Damnit, give me a cigarette! I
>> could do with one today". Smelly, Yes. Disgusting, Yes.
>> But the nicotine rush was spinny and I could literally
>> feel the nicotine relaxing me."
>
> STOP IT, DAMMIT!!!
>
>> After a couple you're not aware of the smell or taste and
>> by then the nicotine cravings kick in.
>>
>> Anyways, still not smoking so I think that I'm back on
>> the road to recovery. Much easier this time because I
>> knew that I could do it. Surprising the cravings haven't
>> been very bad (have had the odd minute or two that I was
>> glad I didn't have any in just front of me though), and
>> there are no withdrawal symptoms to speak of.
>
> The key is not having "access" to tobacco (cigs, cigars,
> chews, etc.). If I had anything /in my house/, I'd be
> powerless to leave it alone I think. (And I never just
> "hang out" with smokers, either, for the same reason.)

Cheers Bill. Still doing OK. The cravings have pretty well
gone and I feel as if i've got those good non-smoker habits
(or lack of habit I suppose) back 99% of the time. Trouble
with access for me is that I live on premise and work in a
bar/cafe that has cigarettes displayed for sale and smokers
in the bar! Doesn't make that side of things easy :)
--
Westie (Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

On Thu, 20 May 2004 13:38:29 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Been around 12+ hours since the last one.
>
>I been hallucinating most of the morning, and still am.
>
>I am hallucinating quite heavily.
>
>Seriously.
>
>Stuff don't look normal at all, everything's all
>bright, and stuff that shouldn't be yellow at all is
>very yellow indeed.
>
>I've only bumped into walls/door frames 3 or 4 times so
>far.
>
>My head and body are full of strange sensations.
>
>I can't get a straight answer from my head.
>
>My mouth keeps watering.
>
>I wanna eat like worse than the megamunchies.
>
>I feel strangely calm yet tense.
>
>No but I find I feel rather short on patience...with
>customers on the phone especially...why the hell do these
>folks want more than 5 variations of the

>We have more monkeys than organ grinders.
>
>I'm doing OK I think, thanks ',;~}~
>
>OK, but I gotta go now.
>

>Shaun aRe running outa things here to chew...bite...hard...

Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass
rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give an
immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]

> On Thu, 20 May 2004 13:38:29 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >Been around 12+ hours since the last one.
> >
> >I been hallucinating most of the morning, and still am.
> >
> >I am hallucinating quite heavily.
> >
> >Seriously.
> >
> >Stuff don't look normal at all, everything's all bright,
> >and stuff that shouldn't be yellow at all is very yellow
> >indeed.
> >
> >I've only bumped into walls/door frames 3 or 4 times
> >so far.
> >
> >My head and body are full of strange sensations.
> >
> >I can't get a straight answer from my head.
> >
> >My mouth keeps watering.
> >
> >I wanna eat like worse than the megamunchies.
> >
> >I feel strangely calm yet tense.
> >
> >No but I find I feel rather short on patience...with
> >customers on the
phone
> >especially...why the hell do these folks want more than 5
> >variations of
the

> >We have more monkeys than organ grinders.
> >
> >I'm doing OK I think, thanks ',;~}~
> >
> >OK, but I gotta go now.
> >

> >Shaun aRe running outa things here to
> >chew...bite...hard...
> >

> Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass
> rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should
> give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of
> the world.
> :-]

Wow...heavy stuff! :) Reminds me of William Blake and his
"Doors Of Perception" theory...

> On Thu, 20 May 2004 13:38:29 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >Been around 12+ hours since the last one.
> >
> >I been hallucinating most of the morning, and still am.
> >
> >I am hallucinating quite heavily.
> >
> >Seriously.
> >
> >Stuff don't look normal at all, everything's all bright,
> >and stuff that shouldn't be yellow at all is very yellow
> >indeed.
> >
> >I've only bumped into walls/door frames 3 or 4 times
> >so far.
> >
> >My head and body are full of strange sensations.
> >
> >I can't get a straight answer from my head.
> >
> >My mouth keeps watering.
> >
> >I wanna eat like worse than the megamunchies.
> >
> >I feel strangely calm yet tense.
> >
> >No but I find I feel rather short on patience...with
> >customers on the
phone
> >especially...why the hell do these folks want more than 5
> >variations of
the

> >We have more monkeys than organ grinders.
> >
> >I'm doing OK I think, thanks ',;~}~
> >
> >OK, but I gotta go now.
> >

> >Shaun aRe running outa things here to
> >chew...bite...hard...