I just want to go on a bike ride.

lifeonbicycles

Apr 3, 2013
It's 7:40 in the morning right now. Huge math test in about an hour which I am f***ed for. Huge science test tomorrow. Just chugged down 4 mugs of coffee and still feeling tired. Blech /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon13.gif

Reactions: haleylx4
lifeonbicycles said:
It's 7:40 in the morning right now. Huge math test in about an hour which I am f***ed for. Huge science test tomorrow. Just chugged down 4 mugs of coffee and still feeling tired. Blech /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon13.gif
University? Ride in. I used to ride 17 miles from home to the university as a grad student, and it always served to clear my head quite well in prep for a days classes and time in the lab. At the end of the day, the ride allowed decompression from the work and a great opportunity to rethink problems, get new insights, and come up with creative solutions. I highly recommend the it.

Dude, all I can do is commiserate. I am waiting in a line of about 10 cars at Tim Horton's just to get a small black coffee. Then, I have to go to work, pop some drug that will make me feel like **** by 10 am, and try to get through the tedious process of drafting all of the docs to file a lawsuit against the Dept of Treasury and Dept of Justice in an assets forfeiture case. When I would much rather blow all of that off, get on my Specialized, put the new Lady Antebellum album I bought on iTunes on the Bluetooth, and just ride. It sucks when real life interferes with training. Good luck with the finals.

"drafting all of the docs to file a lawsuit against the Dept of Treasury and Dept of Justice"

You have my dream job! Suing the **** out of that commie, Eric Holder and The Peoples Proletariet of Injustice, the commies at the IRS, the commies behind Fast & Furious, the commies behind the AP phone records, the commies behind Benghazi...would be fun!

I hope the finals went well for you, LOB.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

"drafting all of the docs to file a lawsuit against the Dept of Treasury and Dept of Justice"

You have my dream job! Suing the **** out of that commie, Eric Holder and The Peoples Proletariet of Injustice, the commies at the IRS, the commies behind Fast & Furious, the commies behind the AP phone records, the commies behind Benghazi...would be fun!

I hope the finals went well for you, LOB.
What if I told you that there are lots of commies to sue around here and you would probably win all the cases too? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Um, it's not quite that dramatic. Some pencil pusher f'ed up and didn't understand their own rules, so we need to get them to do their job. Our client was cleared of the charges, but Justice is too dumb to figure out that they now need their bank accounts unfrozen. Nerve-wracking for the client, just more of the same old same old here. Such is life in the offices of a tax attorney.

interesting discussion going on here. It is amazing how one topic can turn into something so crazy /img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif. Anywho, that day was horrible, but I did find 10 bucks on the ground /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif. also a bike ride afterwords cleared my mind up.

'Tis the nature of forums, and real life conversations, to twist and turn like a mountain road.

Hey, another person from metro Detroit! Thank god I live in the outskirts of it, though. Detroit is a mess.

Ah, Detroit has its charms, and its flaws, just like any major city. Years ago when I worked downtown at Wayne Co. Circuit Court, briefly, as a clerical assistant for one of the judges, I became familiar with the immediate downtown around the Coleman Young Center/Ren Cen. Some cool places, restaurants, specialty shops. This was almost 20 years ago, it has grown since then. Other parts of the city have deteriorated more since then.

Good luck with that. Amazing how people think coffee is somehow going to be the answer.

Hey, I feel for you. Been there and got the t-shirt. One of the reasons why I hated college was exam time. These always seem to fall during the warmer months, where I'd rather be out and about riding my bike. The good news is that those college years flew past quite quick and I eventually started working for myself. Giving me ample time to enjoy cycling without the frustrations of having to study for exams anymore.

I've also been in that predicament as I'm sure most people have that they just want to do something even though they know they can't.

What makes it worse is the fact that the more we think about it the more we want to do it and we end up craving it more than ever.

pwarbi said:
I've also been in that predicament as I'm sure most people have that they just want to do something even though they know they can't.

What makes it worse is the fact that the more we think about it the more we want to do it and we end up craving it more than ever.
And then when the time comes you've been hyped up for doing it for so long that it just doesn't match the expectations you had for it!

At least that's the way it seems to be working with me anyway :D