I just watched Stefano Garzelli...

Scott

Guest
in full regalia threading through Market Street traffic in SF with a confused teammate in tow.
Pretty funny sight.

"Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> in full regalia threading through Market Street traffic in SF with a confused teammate in tow.
> Pretty funny sight.

He was walking around with a couple buds yesterday leaving the Hyatt (race HQ).

Market Street ain't for no cyclists never. It SUCKS. Probably like the Champs Elysee except for
their one special day a year.

-KJP

"Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> in full regalia threading through Market Street traffic in SF with a confused teammate in tow.
> Pretty funny sight.

Think I'll have any luck getting him to sign my VC jersey?

Looking forward to this...

-Sonarrat.

"Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> What street are good for cycling in SF?

Northbound on the Golden Gate Bridge (to Marin)!

Actually, you can tool around through the park and down to lake Merced, but the city is really
small, so why not just split? Every serious cyclist leaves SF for just about any training ride.

Nick Burns wrote:

> "Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>What street are good for cycling in SF?
>

> Northbound on the Golden Gate Bridge (to Marin)!
>
> Actually, you can tool around through the park and down to lake Merced, but the city is really
> small, so why not just split? Every serious cyclist leaves SF for just about any training ride.

Come down to Santa Cruz. They'll be zipping around down here on Saturday, I'm positive.

"K. J. Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > in full regalia threading through Market Street traffic in SF with
> > confused teammate in tow. Pretty funny sight.
>
> He was walking around with a couple buds yesterday leaving the Hyatt (race HQ).
>
> Market Street ain't for no cyclists never. It SUCKS. Probably like the Champs Elysee except for
> their one special day a year.

The Champs is pretty sedate except at the Arc.

"Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> What street are good for cycling in SF?

If you aren't a city rider there aren't any good streets in San Francisco that go for more than a
block or two.

I don't have any problems there but then I ride pretty agressive in traffic.

In article <[email protected]>, Tom Kunich
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > What street are good for cycling in SF?
>
> If you aren't a city rider there aren't any good streets in San Francisco that go for more than a
> block or two.
>
> I don't have any problems there but then I ride pretty agressive in traffic.

During my warmup for the Giro I rode back and forth from the Pier 20 area on the Embarcadero to Pac
Bell Park and it was okay and with some nice scenery. Maybe because it was on Labor Day...

-WG

"K. J. Papai" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
news:[email protected]...
> "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > in full regalia threading through Market Street traffic in SF with a confused teammate in tow.
> > Pretty funny sight.
>

> He was walking around with a couple buds yesterday leaving the Hyatt (race HQ).
>
> Market Street ain't for no cyclists never. It SUCKS. Probably like the Champs Elysee except for
> their one special day a year.
>
> -KJP
The Champs isn't bad if you catch the lights. And sometimes it is closed to cars for 30 minutes or
so while for the weekly Friday night ride through Paris (starts at 10pm) goes up (or down) it, as
was the case last Friday night.

---

On 09/12/2003 04:50 PM, in article [email protected], "K. J. Papai"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> in full regalia threading through Market Street traffic in SF with a confused teammate in tow.
>> Pretty funny sight.
>

> He was walking around with a couple buds yesterday leaving the Hyatt (race HQ).
>
> Market Street ain't for no cyclists never. It SUCKS. Probably like the Champs Elysee except for
> their one special day a year.

I used to ride Market Street every single day, commuting from Nob Hill to Spear & Harrison and from
Nob Hill to the Ferry Terminal. Market Street is easy.

Try riding Mission Street during rush hour.

dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash