I knew Bush was smoking something

On Nov 23, 3:30 pm, "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote:
> But like everything else he's got it wrong.http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061123/ap_on_go_pr_wh/pedaling_president
> Bush transforms into avid mountain biker
>
> If he was smoking some good Jamaican he'd be mellow and not a type A
> ashole. It's pretty obvious he's been smoking crack.'
> Can't even get MTB right.

I'm amazed that he's always riding at the front of small group. It
takes really special Secret Service agents to let the President feel
like he's winning. Sheesh.

RicodJour wrote:
> On Nov 23, 3:30 pm, "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > But like everything else he's got it wrong.http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061123/ap_on_go_pr_wh/pedaling_president
> > Bush transforms into avid mountain biker
> >
> > If he was smoking some good Jamaican he'd be mellow and not a type A
> > ashole. It's pretty obvious he's been smoking crack.'
> > Can't even get MTB right.

> I'm amazed that he's always riding at the front of small group. It
> takes really special Secret Service agents to let the President feel
> like he's winning. Sheesh.

So the secret service guys should jump to the front to push the pace,
give him a "real" workout? He's the one on the bike ride, they are just
along to protect him. Duh.

Joseph

What's wrong with Bush on a Mountain Bike? It's actually about the only
redeeming feature I know of him.

On 24 Nov 2006 01:16:35 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

>What's wrong with Bush on a Mountain Bike? It's actually about the only
>redeeming feature I know of him.

Politics of the 21st century - no good is to be acknowledged on the part of
anyone who disagrees with you in any substantive way.

Ron

On Nov 24, 2:05 am, [email protected] wrote:
> RicodJour wrote:
> > On Nov 23, 3:30 pm, "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > But like everything else he's got it wrong.http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061123/ap_on_go_pr_wh/pedaling_president
> > > Bush transforms into avid mountain biker

> > > If he was smoking some good Jamaican he'd be mellow and not a type A
> > > ashole. It's pretty obvious he's been smoking crack.'
> > > Can't even get MTB right.

> > I'm amazed that he's always riding at the front of small group. It
> > takes really special Secret Service agents to let the President feel
> > like he's winning. Sheesh.

> So the secret service guys should jump to the front to push the pace,
> give him a "real" workout? He's the one on the bike ride, they are just
> along to protect him. Duh.

Protect him? Gee, I thought they were along because he has no friends.

They make it sound like he's putting the hurt on his Secret Service
agents. It's a rather remote chance that they select agents so out of
shape that they have trouble keeping up with the prez. He's in front
because they let him. I would think that it would be more appropriate
to have him in the middle of the pack if you're trying to protect him,
but what do I know about protecting a president? I'd imagine that it
wouldn't go over well if the agents dropped the prez.
"Where's the President?!"
"We dropped his ass on the last climb. He was wheezing like he was
about to die! He's probably a couple of miles back...oh...wait a
minute.....!"

RicodJour wrote:
> On Nov 24, 2:05 am, [email protected] wrote:
> > RicodJour wrote:

> > > I'm amazed that he's always riding at the front of small group. It
> > > takes really special Secret Service agents to let the President feel
> > > like he's winning. Sheesh.

> > So the secret service guys should jump to the front to push the pace,
> > give him a "real" workout? He's the one on the bike ride, they are just
> > along to protect him. Duh.

> Protect him? Gee, I thought they were along because he has no friends.

Maybe that's why they need to protect him... Just kidding.

> They make it sound like he's putting the hurt on his Secret Service
> agents. It's a rather remote chance that they select agents so out of
> shape that they have trouble keeping up with the prez. He's in front
> because they let him. I would think that it would be more appropriate
> to have him in the middle of the pack if you're trying to protect him,
> but what do I know about protecting a president? I'd imagine that it
> wouldn't go over well if the agents dropped the prez.
> "Where's the President?!"
> "We dropped his ass on the last climb. He was wheezing like he was
> about to die! He's probably a couple of miles back...oh...wait a
> minute.....!"

Agreed. The spokespeople did put a cheesy spin on it with the front of
the pack stuff. It is possible that he could put the hurt on even a fit
secret service guy who maybe didn't have much cycling under his belt.
But I suppose those guys don't get that assignment.

Joseph

On Nov 24, 2:29 pm, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:

>Nancy Pelosi with a whip?

Only for the majority.

> SHMBO interviewed for NP's personal assistant a while
> back.

H => W

So she'd have been part of Pelosi's Press Corps?

On 24 Nov 2006 06:35:00 -0800, "RicodJour" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> I would think that it would be more appropriate
>to have him in the middle of the pack if you're trying to protect him,
>but what do I know about protecting a president?

Perhaps the President bikes in an already secure area, like Camp David
or his ranch in Texas. Then Bush can put a hurting on the Secret
Service Agents.

In article
<[email protected]>
,
"RicodJour" <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Nov 24, 2:29 pm, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >Nancy Pelosi with a whip?

> Only for the majority.
>
> > SHMBO interviewed for NP's personal assistant a while
> > back.

> H => W
>
> So she'd have been part of Pelosi's Press Corps?

Thank you for that.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press wrote:

>> http://tinyurl.com/vno5l

> I agree wholeheartedly about the spoke count. I want to
> see him on good stiff grade.
>
> A mountain bike with wide tires is also an excellent
> choice. The ride is far more comfy, and you can put out
> just as much effort as on a road bike.

It would also be appropriate for Kerry's 13mph rides on bike paths.

-SJ