I know Lance well

Martin Jackson

Aug 2, 2006
Please take this movement to allow me to introduce myself.

For four years I played college football at the University of Texas and later I played seven years in the NFL. During that time I came in contact with many celebrities who were professional athletes.

In 2001, at a charity golf tournament I promoted in Austin, I had the honor of meeting Lance Armstrong. We had several in-depth and stimulating conversations at the awards banquet and after it was over I told him I'd like to go for a ride with him sometime and that I'd like to learn more about his sport. I didn't think I'd hear from him.

Later that week I got a call on my cell phone from Lance. He invited me for a ride later that afternoon. I told him that I didn't own a bike other than a K-Mart Spring Shock Cruiser to which he replied, "don't worry about that."

I packed my K-Mart Spring Shock Cruiser in the trunk of my benz and headed over to Lance's house. When I showed up, there in the driveway was a new Trek bicycle for me to ride and Nike shoes that fit. We began riding. I think Lance could have easily "dropped" me, but he didn't. He rode at my pace, which was about 14 mph. For the next two hours we chatted. Beside both being pro athletes, we had many other things in common, one of which was, we both came from broken homes with absent fathers, but we both strove to achieve our goals using every tool at our disposal. By the end of the ride there was a definite bond, a brotherhood between us.

Allow me this brief digression. The NFL is rife with performance enhancing drug abuse. I myself have many connections into this world and have used steroids to improve my athletic performance on many occasions.

Anyway, nearing the end of the ride, I told Lance, "If you need any help beating those guys in the Tour de France, just let me know. I can bring the power like Scotty. I can get anything you need," and he knew exactly what I was talking about.

Lance said, "I don't need that ****. I win without it." And then he smiled that Texas smile that says, "Don't tread on me."

I've been reading a lot in the media about Lance taking performance enhancing drugs and it really bothers me. I believe the French laboratories, the Tour de France organization and Greg LeMond are behind this attack on my friend Lance. I've decided to right the wrong where ever and whenever I can. This is just the beginning of my fight to help restore the reputation of someone who is still very dear to me.

Did you kiss him ?

Martin Jackson said:

For four years I played college football at the University of Texas and later I played seven years in the NFL. During that time I came in contact with many celebrities who were professional athletes.

In 2001, at a charity golf tournament I promoted in Austin, I had the honor of meeting Lance Armstrong. We had several in-depth and stimulating conversations at the awards banquet and after it was over I told him I'd like to go for a ride with him sometime and that I'd like to learn more about his sport. I didn't think I'd hear from him.

Later that week I got a call on my cell phone from Lance. He invited me for a ride later that afternoon. I told him that I didn't own a bike other than a K-Mart Spring Shock Cruiser to which he replied, "don't worry about that."

I packed my K-Mart Spring Shock Cruiser in the trunk of my benz and headed over to Lance's house. When I showed up, there in the driveway was a new Trek bicycle for me to ride and Nike shoes that fit. We began riding. I think Lance could have easily "dropped" me, but he didn't. He rode at my pace, which was about 14 mph. For the next two hours we chatted. Beside both being pro athletes, we had many other things in common, one of which was, we both came from broken homes with absent fathers, but we both strove to achieve our goals using every tool at our disposal. By the end of the ride there was a definite bond, a brotherhood between us.

Allow me this brief digression. The NFL is rife with performance enhancing drug abuse. I myself have many connections into this world and have used steroids to improve my athletic performance on many occasions.

Anyway, nearing the end of the ride, I told Lance, "If you need any help beating those guys in the Tour de France, just let me know. I can bring the power like Scotty. I can get anything you need," and he knew exactly what I was talking about.

Lance said, "I don't need that ****. I win without it." And then he smiled that Texas smile that says, "Don't tread on me."

I've been reading a lot in the media about Lance taking performance enhancing drugs and it really bothers me. I believe the French laboratories, the Tour de France organization and Greg LeMond are behind this attack on my friend Lance. I've decided to right the wrong where ever and whenever I can. This is just the beginning of my fight to help restore the reputation of someone who is still very dear to me.

I'll be polite and simply say that there is a lot of opposition to your view, and I think you will find that assertion of your personal relationship with LA will not be deemed convincing evidence.

BTW, are you open to learning about the sport and its history of doping, drugs, etc., or are you just a blind-to-it-all defender of Lance?

21312261597.jpg

Martin Jackson said:

Has nothing to do with doping but I need to know if you had sexual relations with the man before I can make my mind up on the drugs front....

Martin Jackson said:
What? How does that have anything to do with Lance and doping?

Please, if you insist on being a punk, keep your posts to yourself.

Martin Jackson said:
We began riding. I think Lance could have easily "dropped" me,
You think? ;)

This part of your post is disturbing:

I told Lance, "If you need any help beating those guys in the Tour de France, just let me know. I can bring the power like Scotty. I can get anything you need," and he knew exactly what I was talking about.
Bothers me to think that Armstrong and other riders are approached by so many people with cavalier attitudes toward doping. Armstrong didn't know you from Adam, so he said no thanks --- you think that proves he never did it? More likely it proves he's no dummy. You could be anyone -- a L'Equipe employee, for all he knew. ;)

For the record, I don't know if Lance doped. I'd like to think he didn't, and I also think that if he did then it merely placed him on a level playing field with everyone else. But I have to say, although I'm glad to hear that Armstrong was a nice guy during your encounter with him, your story doesn't sway me one way or another with respect to his reputation.

Also, I see no listing for "Martin Jackson" in the NFL 1982-2005 Draft History list (http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/letter/J).

Who are you? Are you older? If you played in the NFL in the '80s or earlier, you may not be current on the latest in body-altering technology.

...also how did he know Martin's shoe size ? Must of slept with him and during the night he measured his feet... or saw something else and made a comparative measurement..... :p size 6 anyone........

rejobako said:
You think? ;)

This part of your post is disturbing:

Bothers me to think that Armstrong and other riders are approached by so many people with cavalier attitudes toward doping. Armstrong didn't know you from Adam, so he said no thanks --- you think that proves he never did it? More likely it proves he's no dummy. You could be anyone -- a L'Equipe employee, for all he knew. ;)

For the record, I don't know if Lance doped. I'd like to think he didn't, and I also think that if he did then it merely placed him on a level playing field with everyone else. But I have to say, although I'm glad to hear that Armstrong was a nice guy during your encounter with him, your story doesn't sway me one way or another with respect to his reputation.

JRMDC said:
I'll be polite and simply say that there is a lot of opposition to your view, and I think you will find that assertion of your personal relationship with LA will not be deemed convincing evidence.

BTW, are you open to learning about the sport and its history of doping, drugs, etc., or are you just a blind-to-it-all defender of Lance?
I'm telling you what Lance the man said. THat's all. Take it or leave it. I know the true believer will understand.

whiteboytrash said:
Has nothing to do with doping but I need to know if you had sexual relations with the man before I can make my mind up on the drugs front....
We did not. We shook hands on several occasions and embraced once after the ride.

Martin Jackson said:
I'm telling you what Lance the man said. THat's all. Take it or leave it. I know the true believer will understand.
More kool-aid, anyone?

whiteboytrash said:
...also how did he know Martin's shoe size ? Must of slept with him and during the night he measured his feet... or saw something else and made a comparative measurement..... :p size 6 anyone........
We are both employed by Nike. He called to find out what my size was from my agent. It's very common among pro athletes, punk. And Lance has very big feet, by the way. I don't know if you knew that. You might find out if he every sticks one in your ass.

I myself have many connections into this world and have used steroids to improve my athletic performance on many occasions.

so you're an admitted drug user, and an admitted drug dealer, and you expect us to believe this ********?

toad.

Martin Jackson said:
Who cares what a "true believer" thinks? What matters, in the search of truth, is what people who are open to arguments on either side believe. "True believers" don't need you, anyway, they already truly believe! You contribute nothing!

So it appears that you are here to prosletyze your view, not discuss. Good luck with that, I guess, but you are certainly not worth my time. (So I won't bother to explain whiteboytrash to you. :) )

Martin Jackson said:
Since I'm admitting the use of Steroids, I did not use my real name.
So you used steroids, but I assume you were never caught by the NFL?