I know that feeling.

"p e t e f a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:z%[email protected]...
> I call this shot form today "The Look."
>
> Alternate title:
>
> "I told you to wear your gloves but NO....you knew better"
> = life lesson.
>
> http://www.petefagerlin.com/misc/beentheredonethat.jpg

at least he's wearing a full face for the forthcoming dirt
snack.............

one time when I was in Jr. High School, a buddy and I were
out riding our road bikes down a hill on a street that was
freshly oiled and graveled. Bascially, what they do is pour
down oil and then dump really sharp rocks on the oil which
then get squished into the asphalt from the weight of the
tires on a vehicle.

nobody wore helmets let alone gloves back in those days. I
don't know what he was doing but somehow he went down.
Imagine the road was the cheese grater and he was the
cheese.............

Michael

p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
> I call this shot form today "The Look."
>
> Alternate title:
>
> "I told you to wear your gloves but NO....you knew better"
> = life lesson.
>
> http://www.petefagerlin.com/misc/beentheredonethat.jpg

Did he choose to wear the helmet or did you force him to on
such a warm day?
:)

BTW, I hope he's alright.

"Ride-A-Lot" <mitchell@[nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
> > I call this shot form today "The Look."
> >
> > Alternate title:
> >
> > "I told you to wear your gloves but NO....you knew
> > better" = life lesson.
> >
> > http://www.petefagerlin.com/misc/beentheredonethat.jpg
>
> Did he choose to wear the helmet or did you force him to
> on such a warm
day?
> :)

He likes how it looks...but I'm sure that IT SAVED HIS
LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was fine and up and riding in 30 seconds.

"Doki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
> > I call this shot form today "The Look."
> >
> > Alternate title:
> >
> > "I told you to wear your gloves but NO....you knew
> > better" = life lesson.
> >
> > http://www.petefagerlin.com/misc/beentheredonethat.jpg
>
> That a 911 engine (been browsing the dir tree)?

Yes, apparently owned by some sick, anal creature who
decided to detail his engine and remove all of the
cosmoline.

Pretty silly if you ask me.

p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
> "Doki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>>p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
>>
>>>I call this shot form today "The Look."
>>>
>>>Alternate title:
>>>
>>>"I told you to wear your gloves but NO....you knew
>>>better" = life lesson.
>>>
>>>http://www.petefagerlin.com/misc/beentheredonethat.jpg
>>
>>That a 911 engine (been browsing the dir tree)?
>

> Yes, apparently owned by some sick, anal creature who
> decided to detail his engine and remove all of the
> cosmoline.

What the hell is cosmoline anyway? Not that you can speak
from the personal experience of removing it from an engine
or anything like that.

Greg

"G.T." <.

> What the hell is cosmoline anyway? Not that you can speak
> from the personal experience of removing it from an engine
> or anything like that.
>
> Greg

A surface protector/rust inhibitor. http://tinyurl.com/yv4ht
for some info (just found this). It's used when transporting
stuff across the ocean. Cars are often completely covered
with this stuff before transport.

Gary

G.T. wrote:
> p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
>> "Doki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> That a 911 engine (been browsing the dir tree)?
>>

>> Yes, apparently owned by some sick, anal creature who
>> decided to detail his engine and remove all of the
>> cosmoline.
>
> What the hell is cosmoline anyway? Not that you can speak
> from the personal experience of removing it from an engine
> or anything like that.
>
> Greg

It's applied by the manaufacturer for protection of
parts against corrosion. Starts off like a thick
paraffin jelly but hardens when heated by the engine.
Some people spend ages scrubbing it off if they're into
showing off their engines.

--
Mark

> What the hell is cosmoline anyway? Not that you can speak
> from the personal experience of removing it from an engine
> or anything like that.

Definitely not my engine.

Cosmoline is applied to the underbody to protect against
corrosion, both on the boat accross the Atlantic and
during use.

It's a waxy parrafin like substnace.

I'm sure the chemical formula, as well as suggestions for
its use during

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 23:46:24 GMT, "p e t e f a g e r l i n"
<[email protected]> wrote:

. ."Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message .news:[email protected]
berlin.de... .> p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote: .> > I call
this shot form today "The Look." .> > .> > Alternate title:
.> > .> > "I told you to wear your gloves but NO....you knew
better" = life .lesson. .> > .> >
http://www.petefagerlin.com/misc/beentheredonethat.jpg .> >
.> > .> Don't be holding out... where's the carnage
aftermath pic? . .Blurry and uninteresting.

Don't you know you aren't allowed to post any article here
that's not about me?
===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits
to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the
previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road
construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:29:38 +0000 (UTC), Pete Jones
<[email protected]> blathered:

>>> Did he choose to wear the helmet or did you force him to
>>> on such a warm
>>day?
>>
>>He likes how it looks...but I'm sure that IT SAVED HIS
>>LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>Proof you don't need helmets...... http://www.muchosucko.com/video-
>biketumble.html#

Maybe the authorities should make stomach stapling
compulsory too....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3496918.stm

Pete

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:38:00 +0000, Pete Jones wrote:

> Maybe the authorities should make stomach stapling
> compulsory too....
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3496918.stm

I listened to this on the radio this morning. Septics are
now an average 4 clothes sizes bigger than their
counterparts were at the end of the war. The bit that really
made me chuckle was how NYC had ordered a load of subway
trains from Japan and no-one could sit down because they
were all too fat for the seats.

And whilst we're having a bit of a giggle at the Yanks:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3497480.stm

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm

bomba wrote:

> I listened to this on the radio this morning. Septics are
> now an average 4 clothes sizes bigger than their
> counterparts were at the end of the war. The bit that
> really made me chuckle was how NYC had ordered a load of
> subway trains from Japan and no-one could sit down because
> they were all too fat for the seats.
>
> And whilst we're having a bit of a giggle at the Yanks:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3497480.stm

You got us there, dumb and fat. At least we aren't French :)

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:33:13 -0700, Craig Brossman
<[email protected]> blathered:

>> And whilst we're having a bit of a giggle at the Yanks:
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3497480.stm
>>
>You got us there, dumb and fat.

Ah, but we're catching up fast...

>At least we aren't French :)

Very interesting French film called 'Belleville Rendezvous'
that you might try and get hold of - a strange animated
feature about Tour de France riders kidnapped to a thinly
disguised New York, and made to compete in races by the
Mafia before being rescued by a club-footed Grandma and her
overweight dog.

The Francocentric depiction of Americans in the film
is....interesting. I suspect it's not been seen over there
much as a result..!

Pete

Pete Jones <[email protected]> wrote

> Very interesting French film called 'Belleville
> Rendezvous'
[...]
> The Francocentric depiction of Americans in the film
> is....interesting. I suspect it's not been seen over there
> much as a result..!

Actually, it was released here under the name "The
Triplets of Belleville", and was a big hit. Nominated for
an Academy Award.

CC

Corvus Corvax wrote:

> Pete Jones <[email protected]> wrote
>
>>Very interesting French film called 'Belleville
>>Rendezvous'
>
> [...]
>
>>The Francocentric depiction of Americans in the film
>>is....interesting. I suspect it's not been seen over there
>> much as a result..!
>

> Actually, it was released here under the name "The
> Triplets of Belleville", and was a big hit. Nominated for
> an Academy Award.
>
> CC

Thanks, I will look for it.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)