I know that feeling.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by P E T E F A G E, Mar 6, 2004.

  1. Tags:


  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
    > I call this shot form today "The Look."
    >
    > Alternate title:
    >
    > "I told you to wear your gloves but NO....you knew better"
    > = life lesson.
    >
    > http://www.petefagerlin.com/misc/beentheredonethat.jpg
    >
    >
    Don't be holding out... where's the carnage aftermath pic?
    --
    Slacker
     
  3. Michael Paul

    Michael Paul Guest

    "p e t e f a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:z%[email protected]...
    > I call this shot form today "The Look."
    >
    > Alternate title:
    >
    > "I told you to wear your gloves but NO....you knew better"
    > = life lesson.
    >
    > http://www.petefagerlin.com/misc/beentheredonethat.jpg
    >
    >
    at least he's wearing a full face for the forthcoming dirt
    snack.............

    one time when I was in Jr. High School, a buddy and I were
    out riding our road bikes down a hill on a street that was
    freshly oiled and graveled. Bascially, what they do is pour
    down oil and then dump really sharp rocks on the oil which
    then get squished into the asphalt from the weight of the
    tires on a vehicle.

    nobody wore helmets let alone gloves back in those days. I
    don't know what he was doing but somehow he went down.
    Imagine the road was the cheese grater and he was the
    cheese.............

    Michael
     
  4. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
    > I call this shot form today "The Look."
    >
    > Alternate title:
    >
    > "I told you to wear your gloves but NO....you knew better"
    > = life lesson.
    >
    > http://www.petefagerlin.com/misc/beentheredonethat.jpg

    Did he choose to wear the helmet or did you force him to on
    such a warm day?
    :)

    BTW, I hope he's alright.
     
  5. "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected][nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >
    > p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
    > > I call this shot form today "The Look."
    > >
    > > Alternate title:
    > >
    > > "I told you to wear your gloves but NO....you knew
    > > better" = life lesson.
    > >
    > > http://www.petefagerlin.com/misc/beentheredonethat.jpg
    >
    > Did he choose to wear the helmet or did you force him to
    > on such a warm
    day?
    > :)

    He likes how it looks...but I'm sure that IT SAVED HIS
    LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    He was fine and up and riding in 30 seconds.
     
  6. "Doki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >
    >
    > p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
    > > I call this shot form today "The Look."
    > >
    > > Alternate title:
    > >
    > > "I told you to wear your gloves but NO....you knew
    > > better" = life lesson.
    > >
    > > http://www.petefagerlin.com/misc/beentheredonethat.jpg
    >
    > That a 911 engine (been browsing the dir tree)?

    Yes, apparently owned by some sick, anal creature who
    decided to detail his engine and remove all of the
    cosmoline.

    Pretty silly if you ask me.
     
  7. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
    > "Doki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>
    >>p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
    >>
    >>>I call this shot form today "The Look."
    >>>
    >>>Alternate title:
    >>>
    >>>"I told you to wear your gloves but NO....you knew
    >>>better" = life lesson.
    >>>
    >>>http://www.petefagerlin.com/misc/beentheredonethat.jpg
    >>
    >>That a 911 engine (been browsing the dir tree)?
    >
    >
    > Yes, apparently owned by some sick, anal creature who
    > decided to detail his engine and remove all of the
    > cosmoline.

    What the hell is cosmoline anyway? Not that you can speak
    from the personal experience of removing it from an engine
    or anything like that.

    Greg
     
  8. Geedubb

    Geedubb Guest

    "G.T." <.
    >
    > What the hell is cosmoline anyway? Not that you can speak
    > from the personal experience of removing it from an engine
    > or anything like that.
    >
    > Greg
    >

    A surface protector/rust inhibitor. http://tinyurl.com/yv4ht
    for some info (just found this). It's used when transporting
    stuff across the ocean. Cars are often completely covered
    with this stuff before transport.

    Gary
     
  9. Mark \

    Mark \ Guest

    G.T. wrote:
    > p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
    >> "Doki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >>>
    >>> p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> I call this shot form today "The Look."
    >>>>
    >>>> Alternate title:
    >>>>
    >>>> "I told you to wear your gloves but NO....you knew
    >>>> better" = life lesson.
    >>>>
    >>>> http://www.petefagerlin.com/misc/beentheredonethat.jpg
    >>>
    >>> That a 911 engine (been browsing the dir tree)?
    >>
    >>
    >> Yes, apparently owned by some sick, anal creature who
    >> decided to detail his engine and remove all of the
    >> cosmoline.
    >
    > What the hell is cosmoline anyway? Not that you can speak
    > from the personal experience of removing it from an engine
    > or anything like that.
    >
    > Greg

    It's applied by the manaufacturer for protection of
    parts against corrosion. Starts off like a thick
    paraffin jelly but hardens when heated by the engine.
    Some people spend ages scrubbing it off if they're into
    showing off their engines.

    --
    Mark
     
  10. "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > What the hell is cosmoline anyway? Not that you can speak
    > from the personal experience of removing it from an engine
    > or anything like that.

    Definitely not my engine.

    Cosmoline is applied to the underbody to protect against
    corrosion, both on the boat accross the Atlantic and
    during use.

    It's a waxy parrafin like substnace.

    I'm sure the chemical formula, as well as suggestions for
    its use during
     
  11. On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 23:46:24 GMT, "p e t e f a g e r l i n"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    . ."Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message .news:[email protected]
    berlin.de... .> p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote: .> > I call
    this shot form today "The Look." .> > .> > Alternate title:
    .> > .> > "I told you to wear your gloves but NO....you knew
    better" = life .lesson. .> > .> >
    http://www.petefagerlin.com/misc/beentheredonethat.jpg .> >
    .> > .> Don't be holding out... where's the carnage
    aftermath pic? . .Blurry and uninteresting.

    Don't you know you aren't allowed to post any article here
    that's not about me?
    ===
    I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits
    to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the
    previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road
    construction.)

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
     
  12. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

  13. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

    On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:29:38 +0000 (UTC), Pete Jones
    <[email protected]> blathered:

    >>> > http://www.petefagerlin.com/misc/beentheredonethat.jpg
    >>> Did he choose to wear the helmet or did you force him to
    >>> on such a warm
    >>day?
    >>
    >>He likes how it looks...but I'm sure that IT SAVED HIS
    >>LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >
    >Proof you don't need helmets...... http://www.muchosucko.com/video-
    >biketumble.html#

    Maybe the authorities should make stomach stapling
    compulsory too....
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3496918.stm

    Pete
     
  14. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:38:00 +0000, Pete Jones wrote:

    > Maybe the authorities should make stomach stapling
    > compulsory too....
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3496918.stm

    I listened to this on the radio this morning. Septics are
    now an average 4 clothes sizes bigger than their
    counterparts were at the end of the war. The bit that really
    made me chuckle was how NYC had ordered a load of subway
    trains from Japan and no-one could sit down because they
    were all too fat for the seats.

    And whilst we're having a bit of a giggle at the Yanks:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3497480.stm

    --
    a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm

    b.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm
     
  15. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

  16. bomba wrote:

    > I listened to this on the radio this morning. Septics are
    > now an average 4 clothes sizes bigger than their
    > counterparts were at the end of the war. The bit that
    > really made me chuckle was how NYC had ordered a load of
    > subway trains from Japan and no-one could sit down because
    > they were all too fat for the seats.
    >
    > And whilst we're having a bit of a giggle at the Yanks:
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3497480.stm
    >

    You got us there, dumb and fat. At least we aren't French :)

    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)
     
  17. Pete Jones

    Pete Jones Guest

    On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:33:13 -0700, Craig Brossman
    <[email protected]> blathered:

    >> And whilst we're having a bit of a giggle at the Yanks:
    >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3497480.stm
    >>
    >You got us there, dumb and fat.

    Ah, but we're catching up fast...

    >At least we aren't French :)

    Very interesting French film called 'Belleville Rendezvous'
    that you might try and get hold of - a strange animated
    feature about Tour de France riders kidnapped to a thinly
    disguised New York, and made to compete in races by the
    Mafia before being rescued by a club-footed Grandma and her
    overweight dog.

    The Francocentric depiction of Americans in the film
    is....interesting. I suspect it's not been seen over there
    much as a result..!

    Pete
     
  18. Pete Jones <[email protected]> wrote
    >
    > Very interesting French film called 'Belleville
    > Rendezvous'
    [...]
    > The Francocentric depiction of Americans in the film
    > is....interesting. I suspect it's not been seen over there
    > much as a result..!

    Actually, it was released here under the name "The
    Triplets of Belleville", and was a big hit. Nominated for
    an Academy Award.

    CC
     
  19. Corvus Corvax wrote:

    > Pete Jones <[email protected]> wrote
    >
    >>Very interesting French film called 'Belleville
    >>Rendezvous'
    >
    > [...]
    >
    >>The Francocentric depiction of Americans in the film
    >>is....interesting. I suspect it's not been seen over there
    >> much as a result..!
    >
    >
    > Actually, it was released here under the name "The
    > Triplets of Belleville", and was a big hit. Nominated for
    > an Academy Award.
    >
    > CC

    Thanks, I will look for it.

    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)
     
Loading...
Loading...