I know that the London to Brighton Bike ride is not a race, but what about the early riders?

davy

Guest
Hi,

The London to Brighton Bike ride is nearly upon us. I know its not a
race, but do the early riders treat it as such?

Many years ago, I was passed, by a lycra suited speed merchant on his
way to the LB ride and he wasn't dressed for a gentle potter around
the lanes of Sussex, so I wonder if the early boys ( and gals) that
participate try and make a race of it as the roads are basically
closed.

Just a question that I have never known the answer to.

thanks

Davy

davy wrote:
>, so I wonder if the early boys ( and gals) that
> participate try and make a race of it as the roads are basically
> closed.

Not all early starters do, but certainly some!

We set off 6:30 and arrive mid afternoon after several pub stops!
the last one in Ditchling is perfect preparation for the Becon!

pk

pk

On Jun 14, 5:13 pm, davy <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The London to Brighton Bike ride is nearly upon us. I know its not a
> race, but do the early riders treat it as such?
>
> Many years ago, I was passed, by a lycra suited speed merchant on his
> way to the LB ride and he wasn't dressed for a gentle potter around
> the lanes of Sussex, so I wonder if the early boys ( and gals) that
> participate try and make a race of it as the roads are basically
> closed.

Many do. Brighton and back before lunch. (coming back a different way
of course)

...d

davy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The London to Brighton Bike ride is nearly upon us. I know its not a
> race, but do the early riders treat it as such?
>
> Many years ago, I was passed, by a lycra suited speed merchant on his
> way to the LB ride and he wasn't dressed for a gentle potter around
> the lanes of Sussex, so I wonder if the early boys ( and gals) that
> participate try and make a race of it as the roads are basically
> closed.
>
> Just a question that I have never known the answer to.
>
> thanks
>
> Davy

I live on the last km of the London Brighton route & in previous years
have been setting out for a TT at about 5:30am and some people were
already arriving!!!!

Stan Cox