I Learned to Mount My Bike Today!

Our weather here blows too, Sierra. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Did you see on the news where the weight of the snow ripped through some of the ceiling panels on our football stadium and the whole dome came down? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif

[COLOR= #0000ff]I DID see that, Paramount! That was pretty scary. Glad nobody got hurt![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]I actually watch a fair amount of football, having grown up in East Texas. Football is probably more important culturally there than a lot of places. They actually taught us the referee's hand signals in grade school so we could understand them in the game. I love a good game![/COLOR]

I've been reading Sierra for a week now. She's so nice.
Women and older guys like me generally have different needs.
Fit young males are sometimes short on empathy and long on attitude /img/vbsmilies/smilies/rolleyes.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP1J9YGO0G4
On a Bicycle Built For Two (1892)

Originally Posted by 64Paramount .

Did you see on the news where the weight of the snow ripped through some of the ceiling panels on our football stadium and the whole dome came down? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif

Sad but true this was the best thing to happen to the Vikings all year.

[COLOR= #0000ff]Hi, Reid2, and welcome to the forums![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]I always wonder who all those people are who are sneaking around, reading posts without writing anything, lol, because it looks like only about 10% of the viewers post anything! I'm glad you decided to go for it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Thanks for the compliment. It's easy to be nice to nice people. The trouble comes in when other people aren't being nice, lol. I would dearly love to be one of those people who seem to be able to just let everything roll off their backs, but haven't managed to achieve that yet -- and at my age, it's not likely to happen. So my simple solution is to just ignore people who aren't supportive and nice, and to surround myself with people who are. I figure that way, we all win! [/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]I loved your quote about fit young males. Having never been one, it's a little different for me... but I certainly dated enough of them in my time to recognize when the testosterone and ego swelled to proportions which overloaded the brain and the mouth. Fortunately, most of them grow out of it, eventually. 99% of the people I correspond with here are WONDERFUL. It must be the endorphins that the cycling kicks in, because almost everybody is so nice!!![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Your video for Katie is adorable. I haven't heard that song in ages, and found myself humming along with it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Thanks again for the input. We'll look forward to more of your posts.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Sierra [/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Dave,[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]You're cracking me up about the Vikings. I can't laugh too hard, though. My 'Boys have had the most god-awful year in their new stadium. Sigh.... I was so hoping for another Super Bowl title. But maybe next year. I have high hopes for the new coach, and wish Phillips had been gone long ago. Go Cowboys!!![/COLOR]

Originally Posted by davereo .

Quote: Originally Posted by 64Paramount .

Sad but true this was the best thing to happen to the Vikings all year.

Yeah, most of us Minnesotans were just glad to see the season end.

During the season I was reading on a forum that had some fans of one of the teams that the Vikings were going to be playing soon, and one of them commented on Favre getting hurt. Another one replied that he hoped the injury wasn't to Favre's throwing arm, cause "they were really counting on getting a few interceptions".

And if I remember correctly they got two interceptions that game. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/hissyfit.gif

[COLOR= #0000ff]Paramount,[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]LOVE the quote about Favre's arm, roflol! He was a great quarterback.... 'was' being the operative word.... but he has become an embarrassment to himself and his teams, I think. Some people just don't know when to give up and go away quietly. Every time he announces he is retiring.... again.... I just roll my eyes and move on to something more interesting. Reminds me of people like Joan Rivers. Why don't they just go AWAY, lol???[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Have a good one. Maybe he will actually be gone by next season![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Sierra[/COLOR]

Dont forget that the Patriots still have the Vikings second round pick for Randy and the Jets still have the sexual harassment suit for Bret. For some reason the Patriots always do better than the Jets.
Both the Vikings and Cowboys are going to be much improved next season.
later folks game time hopefully my Jets win today. Not easy being a Jet Fan in New England but the Patriots were the Patsies when I was growing up.

Slim, you get the prize, I thought Kimber was the best at taking a
thread off topic, but this one is the grand prize winner!

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif/img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif/img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif

[COLOR= #0000ff]Hmmmm...[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]We DO seem to have gotten a little off track, haven't we, Brad? ROFLOL! But then, I can't go on talking about how I learned to mount my bike forever, I guess. And football is so.... FOOTBALL right now! The only good thing about it is I can root for anybody I want to in the Super Bowl, cuz I don't care who wins, lol.[/COLOR]

Love and pigskin /img/vbsmilies/smilies/cool.gif balls to you, football fan Sierra.

"We all are normal mammals" (quote of self)

With males, every meeting is a struggle.
Two will fight what one won't win.

Jo: I learned to mount my bike today.
Thore: Who did you stick it to?

Fifty years ago I watched a lizard
flex his muscle, brave throat talker,

then he ran, split, to a hiding place.
How we tortured creatures behave.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_9Se7fSr_w

We are all normal mammals,
born with hunger for two nipples.

Sunlight plays through maple branches,
plays on foreheads, dappling chances.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADwsTyQMuc

How we tortured creatures behave. Guys are esp. delicate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcnp9fkMaO8
readers, try the closed caption option if you don't sprechen?

---

I learned to mount my bike today;

in Florida there's no law against it,

if the ride consents, and is of age. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Reid, hoping helplessly for Sierra to laugh too,
life is a conflict of interest in other bodies.

Originally Posted by SierraSlim .

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Hi, Reid2, and welcome to the forums![/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]I always wonder who all those people are who are sneaking around, reading posts without writing anything, lol, because it looks like only about 10% of the viewers post anything! I'm glad you decided to go for it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Thanks for the compliment. It's easy to be nice to nice people. The trouble comes in when other people aren't being nice, lol. I would dearly love to be one of those people who seem to be able to just let everything roll off their backs, but haven't managed to achieve that yet -- and at my age, it's not likely to happen. So my simple solution is to just ignore people who aren't supportive and nice, and to surround myself with people who are. I figure that way, we all win! [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]I loved your quote about fit young males. Having never been one, it's a little different for me... but I certainly dated enough of them in my time to recognize when the testosterone and ego swelled to proportions which overloaded the brain and the mouth. Fortunately, most of them grow out of it, eventually. 99% of the people I correspond with here are WONDERFUL. It must be the endorphins that the cycling kicks in, because almost everybody is so nice!!![/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Your video for Katie is adorable. I haven't heard that song in ages, and found myself humming along with it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Thanks again for the input. We'll look forward to more of your posts.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Sierra [/COLOR]

Dont forget that the Patriots still have the Vikings second round pick for Randy and the Jets still have the sexual harassment suit for Bret. For some reason the Patriots always do better than the Jets.
later folks game time hopefully my Jets win today. Not easy being a Jet Fan in New England but the Patriots were the Patsies when I was growing up.

Your Jets did it, Dave!

That was a good game /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif

Thought I'd throw that in there while we're off topic..... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by 64Paramount .

Quote: Originally Posted by davereo .

Your Jets did it, Dave!

Thought I'd throw that in there while we're off topic..... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Good game indeed /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif

Congrats to your J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS as well as to my Bears /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif May we meet in 3 weekends!

Your Jets did it, Dave!

That would be great! Four teams left and only one will end thier season with a win.

Originally Posted by Tim05 .

Congrats to your J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS as well as to my Bears /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif May we meet in 3 weekends!

Your Jets did it, Dave!

Persistence, my dear, does pay off some times. Or is that just being stubborn? Oh well, no matter, you did it. I had a similar problem on my last bike. It was a mens 22" and I had to adjust the seat post higher so I could get proper leg extension. Problem was I was standing on the very tips of my toes at a stop. And I'm 6'00". Made getting on a slight problem as well. But I have yet to meet a bike that could beat me. I just used curbs and concrete tire stops. Where there's a will.../img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Congratulations /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif Every journey starts with a single step (or revolution in this case).