I like it, they get rid of it

Among TV shows, "Max Bickford". Wonderful show, great cast. Also "Brooklyn Bridge."

Leo

"Melissa Houle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> SNIP>
> > Flat chocolate mint disks (I use them in cookies) - I'm blanking on the brand - they came in two
> > stacks, in a green cardboard container with cellophane on the front.
> >
> > Frozen chopped chives in a little tub - so wonderful; so convenient.
> >
> > Stretch 'n Seal plastic wrap - perfect stuff.
> >
> > Not food, but "cosmetic" Q-tips - discontinued.
> >
> > Not food, but a Sassoon wand-style 1250 W hair dryer with 3 speeds/3 heat settings.
> >
> > ;-) N.
>
> I have the same problem with eye-shadow. As soon as I find a color I like, they stop production as
> soon as I walk out the store door. Another personal care product I miss is the buff-puff. Being
> slightly rough textured, they exfoliated my facial skin nicely as they cleansed. Haven't seen them
> anywhere in years. I like McVittie's plain digestive biscuits, but my grocery store doesn't have
> them on a regular basis, anymore. (Not precisely the same thing, though, maybe. I know they still
> exist, but I have to keep a close watch out for them.
>
> Melissa

Melissa, Try the Olay cleansing pillows....not quite the same as Buff Puff, but they do a good job
of exfoliation and they leave my skin soft and not tight and dry.

kimberly

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 02:53:17 GMT, Sheryl Rosen
<[email protected]> wrote:
>Rona Yuthasastrakosol wrote on 2/9/04 8:21 PM:
>> "Michel Boucher" wrote in message <snip>
>>>
>>> Is anything you liked no longer available, even if only in your area? Now's your opportunity to
>>> share your thoughts on that worldwide conspiracy to deny you (insert name here) while seeming
>>> perfectly sane as you do so :)
>>>

>> O'Ryan's Sour Cream and Onion Potato Chips. There were no better chips in the world. I once wrote
>> to Hostess asking what happened to them, only to receive a reply stating, "We're sorry, but you
>> have the wrong company. We make Twinkies and Ding Dong's" or something like that. Sad, but true!

Miss Vickie's Smokey BBQ chips. Small batches, in peanut oil, originally manurfactured in Southern
Ontario, now manufactured at three locations across Canada under license..

Sadly, smokey BBQ is no longer available in South Ont.. It was my veddy favourite

Shirley Hicks Toronto, Ontario

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:04:50 -0500, Sapphire
<[email protected]> wrote:\

>That reminds me!!
>
>Ben & Jerry's Entangled Mints ice cream! I found it once, and bought it. The Hubby loves mint, and
>loves ice cream. He immediately declared it to be the best ice cream he's ever tasted, and I've
>never seen it again. At first it was still listed in the active flavors list on the Ben & Jerrry's
>website, but now it's in the flavor graveyard.
>
>Bummer.
>
> -Sapphire.

i feel certain that there is a black market for it somewhere.

your pal, blake

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 01:41:30 GMT, Mark Thorson <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Mark Shaw wrote:
>
>> Fizzies (well, I probably wouldn't go for them today)
>
>What? You can't get Fizzies anymore? I'm shocked.
>
>What about Pop Rocks? They haven't stopped making those, have they?

they're out there. a wash., d.c. area band (the rhodes tavern troubadours) once handed them out as a
kind of party favor when someone or other deemed them the best area pop-rock band. i'm holding on to
them in the unlikely event someone will offer to give me a pop-rocks blow job, said to be a unique
experience.

your pal, blake

"Pennyaline" wrote:
> I knew the name of the company would come to me eventually! It's made by Bison, right there in
> Buffalo.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3bpuf
>
> If you can't find it, ask. If they don't have it, order it online.

D'oh! I'm doing well this evening. It's made by Upstate Farms, and is called Bison Chip Dip.

http://www.upstatefarmscoop.com/dips.asp

There. That should get the two of you together. If they no longer make the sour cream and chive,
take the french onion. It's good stuff.

<it can never be said that I've forgotten where I came from

"Nexis" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<eSAWb.15476SNip

> Melissa, Try the Olay cleansing pillows....not quite the same as Buff Puff, but they do a good job
> of exfoliation and they leave my skin soft and not tight and dry.
>
> kimberly

Kimberly,

thank you for the tip. I'll look for them.

Melissa

"Gabby" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "Michel Boucher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> I used to get it at an Indian food store. The store burned down (well, the building it was in
>> did) and although it has reopened, the new owner does not carry it and does not seem to know what
>> I'm talking about.
>>
>> I don't know where it came from but the distribution company was in Toronto.
>
> I'm holding a bottle of House of Tanjore Coriander Chutney. It says 'Product of Canada'.
>
> House of Tanjore 463 McNicoll Avenue Toronto, ON M2H 3C9
> (416)297-1591
>
> See if that helps any.
>
> I must say that it's not a product that I'd even walk across the street for, but my daughter raves
> about it.

Thanks. That might be it (and the change in distribution since 1999 might explain why I don't get it
here anymore). This could well be it although I don't recall a name at all. Not saying it didn't
have one...

The jars look similar:

http://www.unique-foods.com/intro.html

--

"I'm the master of low expectations."

GWB, aboard Air Force One, 04Jun2003

Nexis wrote:

> "Melissa Houle" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Another personal care product I miss is the buff-puff. Being slightly rough textured, they
> > exfoliated my facial skin nicely as they cleansed. Haven't seen them anywhere in years.

> Melissa, Try the Olay cleansing pillows....not quite the same as Buff Puff, but they do a good job
> of exfoliation and they leave my skin soft and not tight and dry.

I was going to say the same thing, also that she should be able to find generic brand Buff Puffs
in say, CVS.

nancy

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:09:07 -0400, "Gabby" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Michel Boucher" wrote in message

<snip>
>I'm holding a bottle of House of Tanjore Coriander Chutney. It says 'Product of Canada'.
>
>House of Tanjore 463 McNicoll Avenue Toronto, ON M2H 3C9
>(416)297-1591

Oh my, That's top of Toronto, northern suburbia, I'm almost in Markham land.

Sounds yummy. Will have to go looking for it. Ethic foods rock in this city.

Shirley Hicks

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 01:03:39 GMT, blake murphy <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 01:41:30 GMT, Mark Thorson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Mark Shaw wrote:
>>
>>> Fizzies (well, I probably wouldn't go for them today)
>>
>>What? You can't get Fizzies anymore? I'm shocked.
>>
>>What about Pop Rocks? They haven't stopped making those, have they?
>>

>they're out there. a wash., d.c. area band (the rhodes tavern troubadours) once handed them out as
>a kind of party favor when someone or other deemed them the best area pop-rock band. i'm holding on
>to them in the unlikely event someone will offer to give me a pop-rocks blow job, said to be a
>unique experience.
>
>your pal, blake

You can still find Pop Rocks in many supermarkets and other stores.

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:48:17 -0700, "Pennyaline"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Pennyaline" wrote:
>> I knew the name of the company would come to me eventually! It's made by Bison, right there in
>> Buffalo.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/3bpuf
>>
>> If you can't find it, ask. If they don't have it, order it online.
>
>D'oh! I'm doing well this evening. It's made by Upstate Farms, and is called Bison Chip Dip.
>
>http://www.upstatefarmscoop.com/dips.asp
>
>There. That should get the two of you together. If they no longer make the sour cream and chive,
>take the french onion. It's good stuff.
>
><it can never be said that I've forgotten where I came from>

I've tried the french onion (and the ranch), and it's good. So far as I can tell, though, they don't
have the sour cream & chive anymore. And french onion dip just doesn't go as well on tacos as plain
sour cream & chives.

-Sapphire.

Well, since we're all at it:

Mrs. Grass Chicken Noodle Soup. The one with the Golden Egg.

I've marvelled over it since childhood, and I can't find it anywhere out here.

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 19:22:19 -0700, "Pennyaline"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Well, since we're all at it:
>
>Mrs. Grass Chicken Noodle Soup. The one with the Golden Egg.
>
>I've marvelled over it since childhood, and I can't find it anywhere out here.

http://www.wylers.com/grass.asp

Ask your store manager to get it for you. They are usually accommodating.

Boron

"Pennyaline" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Well, since we're all at it:
>
> Mrs. Grass Chicken Noodle Soup. The one with the Golden Egg.
>
> I've marvelled over it since childhood, and I can't find it anywhere out here.

Ya know, I loved this as a kid as well. Had some not too long ago (when I was eating meat) and it
wasn't nearly as good as I remembered...

-L.

"Boron Elgar" wrote:
> http://www.wylers.com/grass.asp
>
> Ask your store manager to get it for you. They are usually accommodating.

Alas, I cannot shop online. Well, thanks for the link anyway. I can drool and reminisce over the
site even if I can't savor the little noodles.

I've tried to get local managers to special order it for me. The usual response: "If we don't carry
it, it's because we've determined that there is no demand for it. We are not in the habit of
ordering an item just because one customer wants it. Try other stores in the area."

<those friggin' fraggin'... D'oh!

In article <[email protected]>,
wrote:

> I've tried to get local managers to special order it for me. The usual response: "If we don't
> carry it, it's because we've determined that there is no demand for it. We are not in the habit of
> ordering an item just because one customer wants it. Try other stores in the area."

What if you offered to buy an entire case? It's not like it will go bad in storage for awhile.

sd

In article <[email protected]>, Kate Connally <[email protected]>
writes:

>Well, there's Old El Paso Refried Beans with Sausage. I love that stuff. Haven't seen it in the
>stores for a couple of years. One large chain carries La Preferida RFBwS but I like Old El Paso
>better. So the other day I finally got around to calling Old El Paso (aka Pillsbury, aka General
>Mills) and found out the closest place that carries them is 40 miles away!!!! Sheesh! But found out
>I could order them online by the 4-pack or by the case. I ordered a case and including the shipping
>charge it's less per can than I would have paid in the store 2 years ago when I could still find
>them. I'm sure they would cost even more if they had them today.

I dont remember the brand name, but Cajun shrimp cup a soup ( they came with a little packet of
liquid hot sauce) They have a cajun shrimp thats similiar now, but its just not the same. I tried
searching around on the web, to see if I could find the company and buy off line, but the sites I
tried, I either couldnt access, or they where in japaneese, or chineese, not sure which. Mona

"Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Nexis wrote:
> >
> > "Melissa Houle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > > Another personal care product I miss is the buff-puff. Being slightly rough textured, they
> > > exfoliated my facial skin nicely as they cleansed. Haven't seen them anywhere in years.
>
> > Melissa, Try the Olay cleansing pillows....not quite the same as Buff Puff, but
they
> > do a good job of exfoliation and they leave my skin soft and not tight
and
> > dry.
>
> I was going to say the same thing, also that she should be able to find generic brand Buff Puffs
> in say, CVS.
>
> nancy

My Walmart(Twin Cities) does indeed still sell the original Buff Puff. They're on the bottom shelf
next to the Phisoderm, et al.

Jinx