"I lost my Mojo"?

"Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:Nrxob.25762$%[email protected]...

> "Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I thought this was interesting. Is Mojo a Mtn. Biking term or is it
from
> > movie? I always thought a mojo was a toy, doll or some good luck piece
> you
> > strapped onto the bike. Does anyone use one? See related article:
> >
> > http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/10/31/offbeat.rumsfeld.mojo.reut/index.html
> >
> > Cleanbean
> >

> Yes.

There were 2 questions. You only got 50% and that is failing. Try again. A few more words may help
shed light on the topic.

Cleanbean

"Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:D[email protected]...

> "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:Nrxob.25762$%[email protected]...
> >
> > "Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > I thought this was interesting. Is Mojo a Mtn. Biking term or is it
> from
> > > movie? I always thought a mojo was a toy, doll or some good luck
piece
> > you
> > > strapped onto the bike. Does anyone use one? See related article:
> > >
> > > http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/10/31/offbeat.rumsfeld.mojo.reut/index.html
> > >
> > > Cleanbean
> > >

> > Yes.
> >
> There were 2 questions. You only got 50% and that is failing. Try again. A few more words may help
> shed light on the topic.
>
> Cleanbean

Let me clarify: Yes, it is a Mountain biking term and yes it is a term from a movie (Austin Powers).
No, I don't have a mojo for my bike as a mojo has not found me yet.

cg

> > Yes.
> >
> There were 2 questions. You only got 50% and that is failing. Try again. A few more words may help
> shed light on the topic.
>
> Cleanbean

Yes and yes.

-John Morgan

Cleanbean wrote:
> "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:Nrxob.25762$%[email protected]...
>
>>"Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>I thought this was interesting. Is Mojo a Mtn. Biking term or is it
>
> from

>>>movie? I always thought a mojo was a toy, doll or some good luck piece
>>
>>you
>>
>>>strapped onto the bike. Does anyone use one? See related article:
>>>
>>>http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/10/31/offbeat.rumsfeld.mojo.reut/index.html
>>>
>>>Cleanbean
>>>

>>Yes.
>>

> There were 2 questions. You only got 50% and that is failing. Try again. A few more words may help
> shed light on the topic.
>
> Cleanbean

the film Austin Powers who 'lost' his mojo when fat ******* stole it.

While he has lost his mojo he is impotent but when he gets it back he screws felicity shagwell.

good show

why are you strapping things to you bike for luck? riding has got about as much to do with luck
as exams do.

Small Black Dog

Small Black Dog wrote:

> the film Austin Powers who 'lost' his mojo when fat ******* stole it.
>
> While he has lost his mojo he is impotent but when he gets it back he screws felicity shagwell.

Doesn't the term pre-date Austin Powers by decades? I believe Jim Morrison anagramized his name into
Mr. Mojo Risin' in a song made before I was born. That may not even be the first use of the term.

-Charlotte

"Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:D[email protected]...
> >
> > "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:Nrxob.25762$%[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> > from
> piece
> > > you

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/10/31/offbeat.rumsfeld.mojo.reut/index.html

> > > Yes.
> > >
> > There were 2 questions. You only got 50% and that is failing. Try
again.
> > A few more words may help shed light on the topic.
> >
> > Cleanbean
> >

> Let me clarify: Yes, it is a Mountain biking term and yes it is a term
from
> a movie (Austin Powers). No, I don't have a mojo for my bike as a mojo
has
> not found me yet.

I am the mojo for my bike.

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:48:14 -0500, Charlotte wrote:
> Small Black Dog wrote:
>>

>> the film Austin Powers who 'lost' his mojo when fat ******* stole it.
>
> Doesn't the term pre-date Austin Powers by decades? I believe Jim Morrison anagramized his name
> into Mr. Mojo Risin' in a song made before I was born. That may not even be the first use of
> the term.

I can't believe you guys are spending so much time trying to figure out what a mojo is when its
defined in the article.

And I don't have one on the bike, as it'd just end up being trail litter.

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least) "It's a shallow life that
doesn't give a person a few scars" - Garrison Keillor

"Mojo Deluxe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:D[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:Nrxob.25762$%[email protected]...

> > > from
> > piece
> > > > >

> http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/10/31/offbeat.rumsfeld.mojo.reut/index.html

> > > There were 2 questions. You only got 50% and that is failing. Try
> again.
> > > A few more words may help shed light on the topic.
> > >
> > > Cleanbean
> > >

> > Let me clarify: Yes, it is a Mountain biking term and yes it is a term
> from
> > a movie (Austin Powers). No, I don't have a mojo for my bike as a mojo
> has
> > not found me yet.
> >
> I am the mojo for my bike.

Best answer yet

cg

"BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:48:14 -0500, Charlotte wrote:
> > Small Black Dog wrote:
> >>

> >> the film Austin Powers who 'lost' his mojo when fat ******* stole it.
> >
> > Doesn't the term pre-date Austin Powers by decades? I believe Jim Morrison anagramized his name
> > into Mr. Mojo Risin' in a song made before I was born. That may not even be the first use of
> > the term.
>
> I can't believe you guys are spending so much time trying to figure out what a mojo is when its
> defined in the article.
>
> And I don't have one on the bike, as it'd just end up being trail litter.
>
> --
> -BB- BB,

We are trying to establish the orgin of the word and not just taking CNN or Websters at their word.
I first heard it from a friend who built some great trails in our area. He straps on "Shaggie"; that
dude from Scooby Doo. He has him on there with plastic ties so he wont come off. My son wanted a
Mojo so he strapped on a alligator head and calls him Allie. I prefer not to use one myself because
I don't think luck has much to do with anything.

Cleanbean

"Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:48:14 -0500, Charlotte wrote:
> > > Small Black Dog wrote:

by

> > > Doesn't the term pre-date Austin Powers by decades? I believe Jim Morrison anagramized his
> > > name into Mr. Mojo Risin' in a song made
before
> > > I was born. That may not even be the first use of the term.
> >
> > I can't believe you guys are spending so much time trying to figure out what a mojo is when its
> > defined in the article.
> >
> > And I don't have one on the bike, as it'd just end up being trail
litter.

> > --
> > -BB- BB,
>
> We are trying to establish the orgin of the word and not just taking CNN
or
> Websters at their word. I first heard it from a friend who built some
great
> trails in our area. He straps on "Shaggie"; that dude from Scooby Doo.
He
> has him on there with plastic ties so he wont come off. My son wanted a Mojo so he strapped on a
> alligator head and calls him Allie. I prefer not to use one myself because I don't think luck has
> much to do with anything.

Meaning A have a lucky charm; your magic can't work against me. Origin Mojo means voodoo. The phrase
originated with black blues music in the US, possibly from Muddy Water's eponymous song.

"Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

<snip>
> I prefer not to use one myself because I don't think luck has much to do with anything.
>
> Cleanbean

I think luck has a lot to do with things. It's just that we have no control over it, regardless of
any trinkets we may have for such a purpose.

Matt (feelin' lucky)

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> <snip>
> > I prefer not to use one myself because I don't think luck has much to do with
anything.

> > Cleanbean
> >

> I think luck has a lot to do with things. It's just that we have no
control
> over it, regardless of any trinkets we may have for such a purpose.
>
> Matt (feelin' lucky)

I agree about the trinkets but what about all the folks fixing to do voodoo on you!

luck-
n.
1. The chance happening of fortunate or adverse events; fortune: They met one day out of pure luck.
2. Good fortune or prosperity; success: We wish you luck.
3. One's personal fate or lot: It was just my luck to win a trip I couldn't take. Cleanbean

"Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... <snip>

> > I think luck has a lot to do with things. It's just that we have no
> control
> > over it, regardless of any trinkets we may have for such a purpose.
> >
> > Matt (feelin' lucky)
>
> I agree about the trinkets but what about all the folks fixing to do
voodoo
> on you!

I'm ok. I just threw some salt over my left shoulder, did that two fingered spit thing (whatever
that is), didn't step on a crack, didn't break any mirrors, walked in and out of my office doorway
three times, and found a penny. I'm ready to go and do some freeridin' cause I'm invincible! (except
for my left shoulder)

Matt (lucky the shoulder isn't worse)

Cleanbean wrote:

> I thought this was interesting. Is Mojo a Mtn. Biking term or is it from a movie? I always thought
> a mojo was a toy, doll or some good luck piece you strapped onto the bike. Does anyone use one?
> See related article:
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/10/31/offbeat.rumsfeld.mojo.reut/index.html
>
> Cleanbean

A "Mojo" is utterly childish and should not be tolerated.

A transcendant being as a companion, though, who accompanies us on every ride, and whom we follow
and converse with on the trail, on the other hand, is another thing entirely.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cbro77/vwp?.dir=/MTB+Related&.dnm=Gray+Lady+3.jpg&.view=t

"Yes master, I will slay my geared bike, master."

Paladin And good to hear from you, Longhorn

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Cleanbean wrote:
>
> > I thought this was interesting. Is Mojo a Mtn. Biking term or is it
from a
> > movie? I always thought a mojo was a toy, doll or some good luck piece
you
> > strapped onto the bike. Does anyone use one? See related article:
> >
> > http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/10/31/offbeat.rumsfeld.mojo.reut/index.html
> >
> > Cleanbean
> >

> A "Mojo" is utterly childish and should not be tolerated.

Huh?

Mojo Deluxe wrote:

> "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>

>>Cleanbean wrote:
>>

>>>I thought this was interesting. Is Mojo a Mtn. Biking term or is it
>>>
> from a
>
>>>movie? I always thought a mojo was a toy, doll or some good luck piece
>>>
> you
>
>>>strapped onto the bike. Does anyone use one? See related article:
>>>
>>>http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/10/31/offbeat.rumsfeld.mojo.reut/index.html
>>>
>>>Cleanbean
>>>

>>A "Mojo" is utterly childish and should not be tolerated.
>>

> Huh?

Sorry. Maybe I was too obtuse. Did you see the picture? Or should we just say "Whoooosh!" and
call it good?

Paladin