I love playing amongst the trees!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Joe Johnson, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Joe Johnson

Joe Johnson New Member

zipp2001 likes this.

2. tanphivan1

tanphivan1 New Member

• so great, i think it is exciter

3. zipp2001

zipp2001 Active Member

I've been exploring the woods over the last three years on a some what regular basis. I have been a road bike rider for 40 plus years and bought a used mountain bike for $100 three years ago and just love it. Will upgrade over the winter, here is a glimpse of part of my playground. Have fun explore and always good to push those boundaries.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot_bEyKxwho

4. robwell

robwell New Member

Looks like you had fun. Any info about your bike?

5. trailgumby

trailgumby New Member

Hey Joe, great to see your enthusiasm! I reckon that bowl has the makings of a great half-pipe. Rather than just going straight across it, maybe start further uphill and snake your way down the bowl from side to side in big s-turns, using the banked sides of the gully as banked turns or berms, turning back down just before you reach the lip instead of exiting?

We have some trails that do that further up the coast and they're awesome to ride.

Oh, one thing. I hope that drink bottle you tossed at the start of your vid made its way back into your backpack instead of just being abandoned trailside. One of the non-negotiable rules of MTB is that you leave only tyre prints. Everything else you bring with you, leaves with you. Make sense?