I love this guy

Crankyfeet said:
Cause you're looking for a guy to love?... :p

I had to laugh over the snippet they had of him dissing Piti. He's right. Alejandro has done squat at the TdF. He finished, finally, in 6th last year but was never a threat.

Guess we can look forward to The Hog downgrading the field of competitors this year.

hawkeye87 said:
I had to laugh over the snippet they had of him dissing Piti. He's right. Alejandro has done squat at the TdF. He finished, finally, in 6th last year but was never a threat.

Guess we can look forward to The Hog downgrading the field of competitors this year.
And he's only started in three of them hasn't he? One of them he crashed... and the other one he didn't finish, he developed a knee injury... so it's a bit unfair to be outright labelling him as someone who can't last three weeks.

Does anyone know what Lance's TdF record/palmares looked like prior to 1999?

I know he DNF'd for Motorola in his first try in 1993. And 1995 was the first time he finished it... coming in 36th. I don't know if he raced the TdF in 1994 though.

And Bruyneel had DNF's in his last two attempts in 96 and 98. Though I don't know why.

ad9898 said:
Valverde will win the TDF year
Yeah... IMO he's not going to make the mistake again of worrying about the UCI (they're out of the picture) and he doesn't have an affadavit form to sign this year and he's probably got a new doctor sorted.

Then again... he could be a cyclist who's always ridden clean. Valv (Piti) could refer to any sportsman...
rolleyes.gif

Jeff Vader said:
I gotta go with Lance's pick. Piti must have Ferrari's camper stowed away nearby.

Lol , you guys are so cynical hey, on a serious note, do you think anyone is clean? I gotta say its kinda fun to watch on TV, I have to believe the guys that are winning are clean unless someone is busted, otherwise there would be little fun in watching.

Cadel will collapse on a mountain stage for sure, how much time he loses will depend whether he wins the TDF or not. I will stick with Valverde though. Cadel will have to win today or he has little chance.

No doubt Bruyneel knows what he is doing........

But what about the freako that put that song/video together? Strange.

ad9898 said:
Lol , you guys are so cynical hey, on a serious note, do you think anyone is clean? I gotta say its kinda fun to watch on TV, I have to believe the guys that are winning are clean unless someone is busted, otherwise there would be little fun in watching.

Cadel will collapse on a mountain stage for sure, how much time he loses will depend whether he wins the TDF or not. I will stick with Valverde though. Cadel will have to win today or he has little chance.
I take it back. You are not Lance.

ad9898 said:
I want to think that they are. We've seen positive things from sponsors signing up for the 3 teams that have anti-doping programs and two out of those teams talk a lot about fighting doping (the U.S. ones).