I love to cook

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Andy, Mar 11, 2004.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Tags:

  2. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

  3. Steve Calvin

    Steve Calvin Guest

    Andy wrote:
    > tonite we had chix cutlets with onion and red pepper in a
    > wine sauce.Very good http://www.pbase.com/andrcom

    I'm trying to find out what chickens have to do with the
    referenced web site...

    --
    Steve

  4. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    Judging from all your posts tonight, you like to hear
    yourself talk as well.

    -sw

  5. Rick & Cyndi

    Rick & Cyndi Guest

  6. On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:14:15 -0600, Steve Wertz
    <[email protected]> arranged random neurons, so they
    looked like this:

    >Judging from all your posts tonight, you like to hear
    >yourself talk as well.

    Steve, it would be useful if you quoted enough text of the
    post to which you are replying that the above would have
    actually made sense.

    Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

    "If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
    had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
    been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
    good dinner." Anonymous.

    To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"

  7. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    "Rick & Cyndi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_s03...

    > Usually chix is an abbreviation for chicken.
    >
    > --
    > Cyndi

    Okay, thank you. I probably shouldn't bother to ask this,
    but just what part of the chicken is the cutlet?

  8. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:54:19 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:14:15 -0600, Steve Wertz
    ><[email protected]> arranged random neurons,
    >so they looked like this:
    >
    >>Judging from all your posts tonight, you like to hear
    >>yourself talk as well.
    >>
    >Steve, it would be useful if you quoted enough text of the
    >post to which you are replying that the above would have
    >actually made sense.

    I was replying to the subject, and referenced "all the posts
    from tonight". It's not that hard to understand.

    I'm very well versed at quoting; There was nothing specific
    to quote this time.

    -sw

  9. Steve Wertz

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
    >had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
    >been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
    >good dinner." Anonymous.

    Oh, and BTW: Your quote is not "anonymous". It's almost
    certainly a Duncan Hines quote.

    -sw

  10. Donna Rose

    Donna Rose Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...

    > "Rick & Cyndi" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]_s03...
    > >
    > > Usually chix is an abbreviation for chicken.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Cyndi
    >
    > Okay, thank you. I probably shouldn't bother to ask this,
    > but just what part of the chicken is the cutlet?

    It's usually a boneless skinless breast, often pounded thin
    or at least butterflied.
    --
    Donna A pessimist believes all women are bad. An optimist
    hopes they are.

  11. In article <[email protected]>, Steve Wertz
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:54:19 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
    > >had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts
    > >had been as full as the waitress', it would have been a
    > >very good dinner." Anonymous.
    >
    > Oh, and BTW: Your quote is not "anonymous". It's almost
    > certainly a Duncan Hines quote.
    >
    > -sw

    Can you find a citation attributing it to Duncan Hines? I'd
    be curious. I checked several websites and the only
    attribution I can find for that quotation is Anonymous. I
    found these by Hines: "More people will die from hit-or-miss
    eating than from hit-and-run driving;" and "I've run less
    risk driving my way across country than eating my way across
    it. " Maybe my search string is incomplete.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
    Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got

  12. Penmart01

    Penmart01 Guest

    >[email protected] quotes nothing:
    >
    >Judging from all your posts tonight, you <S>like</S> *love*
    >to hear yourself talk as well.

    again tonight, eh druggie asshole.

    ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED
    NATIONS To Paris =--- Sheldon ```````````` "Life would be
    devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

  13. Penmart01

    Penmart01 Guest

    >[email protected] quotes nothing:
    >
    >Judging from all your posts tonight, you <S>like</S> *love*
    >to hear yourself talk as well.

    again tonight, eh druggie asshole.

    ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED
    NATIONS To Paris =--- Sheldon ```````````` "Life would be
    devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

  14. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On 11 Mar 2004 02:33:56 GMT, [email protected] (PENMART01) wrote:

    >>Judging from all your posts tonight, you <S>like</S>
    >>*love* to hear yourself talk as well.
    >

    >again tonight, eh druggie asshole.

    Obsessed and drunk again, I presume? Are you gonna stop at a
    fifth tonight, or shoot for the whole liter?

    -sw

  15. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On 11 Mar 2004 02:33:56 GMT, [email protected] (PENMART01) wrote:

    >>Judging from all your posts tonight, you <S>like</S>
    >>*love* to hear yourself talk as well.
    >

    >again tonight, eh druggie asshole.

    Obsessed and drunk again, I presume? Are you gonna stop at a
    fifth tonight, or shoot for the whole liter?

    -sw

  16. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:33:58 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Oh, and BTW: Your quote is not "anonymous". It's almost
    >> certainly a Duncan Hines quote.
    >
    >Can you find a citation attributing it to Duncan Hines? I'd
    >be curious. I checked several websites and the only
    >attribution I can find for that quotation is Anonymous. I
    >found these by Hines: "More people will die from hit-or-
    >miss eating than from hit-and-run driving;" and "I've run
    >less risk driving my way across country than eating my way
    >across it. " Maybe my search string is incomplete.

    It's not on a website. If you'd read about Duncan Hines (in
    books), these are the exact same kinds of quotes he was
    known for.

    Read 'Adventures in Good Eating' (1944) and specifically,
    page 37 of "Kitchen Culture: 50 years of food fads" (Pharos
    Books, 1991), where he is credited with saying:

    "If the soup had been as warm as the wine; if the wine had
    been as old as the turkey; and the turkey had a breast like
    the maid, it would have been a swell dinner".

    Obviously it's been re-phrased here and there, but that's
    essentially the exact same quote. Contrary to popular
    belief, not everything can be found on the web; There are
    still books.

    -sw

  17. Steve Wertz

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Oh, and BTW: Your quote is not "anonymous". It's almost
    >> certainly a Duncan Hines quote.
    >
    >Can you find a citation attributing it to Duncan Hines? I'd
    >be curious. I checked several websites and the only
    >attribution I can find for that quotation is Anonymous. I
    >found these by Hines: "More people will die from hit-or-
    >miss eating than from hit-and-run driving;" and "I've run
    >less risk driving my way across country than eating my way
    >across it. " Maybe my search string is incomplete.

    It's not on a website. If you'd read about Duncan Hines (in
    books), these are the exact same kinds of quotes he was
    known for.

    Read 'Adventures in Good Eating' (1944) and specifically,
    page 37 of "Kitchen Culture: 50 years of food fads" (Pharos
    Books, 1991), where he is credited with saying:

    "If the soup had been as warm as the wine; if the wine had
    been as old as the turkey; and the turkey had a breast like
    the maid, it would have been a swell dinner".

    Obviously it's been re-phrased here and there, but that's
    essentially the exact same quote. Contrary to popular
    belief, not everything can be found on the web; There are
    still books.

    -sw

  18. In article <[email protected]>, Steve Wertz
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:33:58 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >> Oh, and BTW: Your quote is not "anonymous". It's almost
    > >> certainly a Duncan Hines quote.
    > >
    > >Can you find a citation attributing it to Duncan Hines?
    > >I'd be curious.
    > >
    > >I checked several websites and the only attribution I can
    > >find for that quotation is Anonymous. I found these by
    > >Hines: "More people will die from hit-or-miss eating than
    > >from hit-and-run driving;" and "I've run less risk
    > >driving my way across country than eating my way across
    > >it. " Maybe my search string is incomplete.
    >
    > It's not on a website. If you'd read about Duncan Hines
    > (in books), these are the exact same kinds of quotes he
    > was known for.
    >
    > Read 'Adventures in Good Eating' (1944) and specifically,
    > page 37 of "Kitchen Culture: 50 years of food fads"
    > (Pharos Books, 1991), where he is credited with saying:
    >
    > "If the soup had been as warm as the wine; if the wine had
    > been as old as the turkey; and the turkey had a breast
    > like the maid, it would have been a swell dinner".

    Hah! Thanks.

    > Obviously it's been re-phrased here and there, but that's
    > essentially the exact same quote. Contrary to popular
    > belief, not everything can be found on the web;

    Of course. It's easy to fall into the thought.

    >There are still books.

    Sure enough. And may there always be. There's something
    satisfying to me to turn a paper page.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
    Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
    the button to prove it!) "The only difference between a rut
    and a grave is the depth of the hole."

  19. In article <[email protected]>, Steve Wertz
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:33:58 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >> Oh, and BTW: Your quote is not "anonymous". It's almost
    > >> certainly a Duncan Hines quote.
    > >
    > >Can you find a citation attributing it to Duncan Hines?
    > >I'd be curious.
    > >
    > >I checked several websites and the only attribution I can
    > >find for that quotation is Anonymous. I found these by
    > >Hines: "More people will die from hit-or-miss eating than
    > >from hit-and-run driving;" and "I've run less risk
    > >driving my way across country than eating my way across
    > >it. " Maybe my search string is incomplete.
    >
    > It's not on a website. If you'd read about Duncan Hines
    > (in books), these are the exact same kinds of quotes he
    > was known for.
    >
    > Read 'Adventures in Good Eating' (1944) and specifically,
    > page 37 of "Kitchen Culture: 50 years of food fads"
    > (Pharos Books, 1991), where he is credited with saying:
    >
    > "If the soup had been as warm as the wine; if the wine had
    > been as old as the turkey; and the turkey had a breast
    > like the maid, it would have been a swell dinner".

    Hah! Thanks.

    > Obviously it's been re-phrased here and there, but that's
    > essentially the exact same quote. Contrary to popular
    > belief, not everything can be found on the web;

    Of course. It's easy to fall into the thought.

    >There are still books.

    Sure enough. And may there always be. There's something
    satisfying to me to turn a paper page.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
    Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
    the button to prove it!) "The only difference between a rut
    and a grave is the depth of the hole."

  20. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
    news:[email protected]:

    > In article <[email protected]>, Steve Wertz
    > <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> >Can you find a citation attributing it to Duncan Hines?
    >> >I'd be curious.
    >> >
    >> >I checked several websites and the only attribution I
    >> >can find for that quotation is Anonymous. I found these
    >> >by Hines: "More people will die from hit-or-miss eating
    >> >than from hit-and-run driving;" and "I've run less risk
    >> >driving my way across country than eating my way across
    >> >it. " Maybe my search string is incomplete.
    >>
    >> It's not on a website. If you'd read about Duncan Hines
    >> (in books), these are the exact same kinds of quotes he
    >> was known for.
    >>
    >> Read 'Adventures in Good Eating' (1944) and specifically,
    >> page 37 of "Kitchen Culture: 50 years of food fads"
    >> (Pharos Books, 1991), where he is credited with saying:
    >>
    >> "If the soup had been as warm as the wine; if the wine
    >> had been as old as the turkey; and the turkey had a
    >> breast like the maid, it would have been a swell dinner".
    >
    > Hah! Thanks.
    >
    >> Obviously it's been re-phrased here and there, but that's
    >> essentially the exact same quote. Contrary to popular
    >> belief, not everything can be found on the web;
    >
    > Of course. It's easy to fall into the thought.
    >
    >>There are still books.
    >
    > Sure enough. And may there always be. There's something
    > satisfying to me to turn a paper page.

    Isn't that the truth. I buy books all the time and the SO
    just shakes his head. He doesn't understand why I bother
    with so much info available online. Well, when his ass
    isn't around pestering me I like a nice cup of coffee and a
    good book to read. The funny excerpts in cookbooks always
    crack me up and I have the complete set of the Harvard
    Classics I have not, and maybe will never get through. It
    is strange how I get out of the reading mode though and
    then all of a sudden I'm going through 3 books a week after
    a long dry spell.

    Michael <- currently reading a cookbook sent by a beloved
    friend from NYC
    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
    December 12, 1968