I love to cook

Andy wrote:
> tonite we had chix cutlets with onion and red pepper in a
> wine sauce.Very good http://www.pbase.com/andrcom

I'm trying to find out what chickens have to do with the
referenced web site...

--
Steve

Judging from all your posts tonight, you like to hear
yourself talk as well.

-sw

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:14:15 -0600, Steve Wertz
<[email protected]> arranged random neurons, so they
looked like this:

>Judging from all your posts tonight, you like to hear
>yourself talk as well.

Steve, it would be useful if you quoted enough text of the
post to which you are replying that the above would have
actually made sense.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:54:19 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:14:15 -0600, Steve Wertz
><[email protected]> arranged random neurons,
>so they looked like this:
>
>>Judging from all your posts tonight, you like to hear
>>yourself talk as well.
>>
>Steve, it would be useful if you quoted enough text of the
>post to which you are replying that the above would have
>actually made sense.

I was replying to the subject, and referenced "all the posts
from tonight". It's not that hard to understand.

I'm very well versed at quoting; There was nothing specific
to quote this time.

-sw

<[email protected]> wrote:

>"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
>had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had
>been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very
>good dinner." Anonymous.

Oh, and BTW: Your quote is not "anonymous". It's almost
certainly a Duncan Hines quote.

-sw

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...

> "Rick & Cyndi" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:BvP3c.1173$i76.21860@attbi_s03...
> >
> > Usually chix is an abbreviation for chicken.
> >
> > --
> > Cyndi
>
> Okay, thank you. I probably shouldn't bother to ask this,
> but just what part of the chicken is the cutlet?

It's usually a boneless skinless breast, often pounded thin
or at least butterflied.
--
Donna A pessimist believes all women are bad. An optimist
hopes they are.

In article <[email protected]>, Steve Wertz
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:54:19 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret
> >had been as old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts
> >had been as full as the waitress', it would have been a
> >very good dinner." Anonymous.
>
> Oh, and BTW: Your quote is not "anonymous". It's almost
> certainly a Duncan Hines quote.
>
> -sw

Can you find a citation attributing it to Duncan Hines? I'd
be curious. I checked several websites and the only
attribution I can find for that quotation is Anonymous. I
found these by Hines: "More people will die from hit-or-miss
eating than from hit-and-run driving;" and "I've run less
risk driving my way across country than eating my way across
it. " Maybe my search string is incomplete.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got

>sqwertz@clueless quotes nothing:
>
>Judging from all your posts tonight, you <S>like</S> *love*
>to hear yourself talk as well.

again tonight, eh druggie asshole.

---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED
NATIONS To Paris =--- Sheldon ```````````` "Life would be
devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

On 11 Mar 2004 02:33:56 GMT, [email protected] (PENMART01) wrote:

>>Judging from all your posts tonight, you <S>like</S>
>>*love* to hear yourself talk as well.
>

>again tonight, eh druggie asshole.

Obsessed and drunk again, I presume? Are you gonna stop at a
fifth tonight, or shoot for the whole liter?

-sw

On 11 Mar 2004 02:33:56 GMT, [email protected] (PENMART01) wrote:

>>Judging from all your posts tonight, you <S>like</S>
>>*love* to hear yourself talk as well.
>

>again tonight, eh druggie asshole.

Obsessed and drunk again, I presume? Are you gonna stop at a
fifth tonight, or shoot for the whole liter?

-sw

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:33:58 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> Oh, and BTW: Your quote is not "anonymous". It's almost
>> certainly a Duncan Hines quote.
>
>Can you find a citation attributing it to Duncan Hines? I'd
>be curious. I checked several websites and the only
>attribution I can find for that quotation is Anonymous. I
>found these by Hines: "More people will die from hit-or-
>miss eating than from hit-and-run driving;" and "I've run
>less risk driving my way across country than eating my way
>across it. " Maybe my search string is incomplete.

It's not on a website. If you'd read about Duncan Hines (in
books), these are the exact same kinds of quotes he was
known for.

Read 'Adventures in Good Eating' (1944) and specifically,
page 37 of "Kitchen Culture: 50 years of food fads" (Pharos
Books, 1991), where he is credited with saying:

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine; if the wine had
been as old as the turkey; and the turkey had a breast like
the maid, it would have been a swell dinner".

Obviously it's been re-phrased here and there, but that's
essentially the exact same quote. Contrary to popular
belief, not everything can be found on the web; There are
still books.

<[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:33:58 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >> Oh, and BTW: Your quote is not "anonymous". It's almost
> >> certainly a Duncan Hines quote.
> >
> >Can you find a citation attributing it to Duncan Hines?
> >I'd be curious.
> >
> >I checked several websites and the only attribution I can
> >find for that quotation is Anonymous. I found these by
> >Hines: "More people will die from hit-or-miss eating than
> >from hit-and-run driving;" and "I've run less risk
> >driving my way across country than eating my way across
> >it. " Maybe my search string is incomplete.
>
> It's not on a website. If you'd read about Duncan Hines
> (in books), these are the exact same kinds of quotes he
> was known for.
>
> Read 'Adventures in Good Eating' (1944) and specifically,
> page 37 of "Kitchen Culture: 50 years of food fads"
> (Pharos Books, 1991), where he is credited with saying:
>
> "If the soup had been as warm as the wine; if the wine had
> been as old as the turkey; and the turkey had a breast
> like the maid, it would have been a swell dinner".

Hah! Thanks.

> Obviously it's been re-phrased here and there, but that's
> essentially the exact same quote. Contrary to popular
> belief, not everything can be found on the web;

Of course. It's easy to fall into the thought.

>There are still books.

Sure enough. And may there always be. There's something
satisfying to me to turn a paper page.
--

<[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:33:58 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >> Oh, and BTW: Your quote is not "anonymous". It's almost
> >> certainly a Duncan Hines quote.
> >
> >Can you find a citation attributing it to Duncan Hines?
> >I'd be curious.
> >
> >I checked several websites and the only attribution I can
> >find for that quotation is Anonymous. I found these by
> >Hines: "More people will die from hit-or-miss eating than
> >from hit-and-run driving;" and "I've run less risk
> >driving my way across country than eating my way across
> >it. " Maybe my search string is incomplete.
>
> It's not on a website. If you'd read about Duncan Hines
> (in books), these are the exact same kinds of quotes he
> was known for.
>
> Read 'Adventures in Good Eating' (1944) and specifically,
> page 37 of "Kitchen Culture: 50 years of food fads"
> (Pharos Books, 1991), where he is credited with saying:
>
> "If the soup had been as warm as the wine; if the wine had
> been as old as the turkey; and the turkey had a breast
> like the maid, it would have been a swell dinner".

Hah! Thanks.

> Obviously it's been re-phrased here and there, but that's
> essentially the exact same quote. Contrary to popular
> belief, not everything can be found on the web;

Of course. It's easy to fall into the thought.

>There are still books.

Sure enough. And may there always be. There's something
satisfying to me to turn a paper page.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-8-04.
Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
the button to prove it!) "The only difference between a rut
and a grave is the depth of the hole."

Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
news:[email protected]:

> In article <[email protected]>, Steve Wertz
> <[email protected]> wrote:

>> >Can you find a citation attributing it to Duncan Hines?
>> >I'd be curious.
>> >
>> >I checked several websites and the only attribution I
>> >can find for that quotation is Anonymous. I found these
>> >by Hines: "More people will die from hit-or-miss eating
>> >than from hit-and-run driving;" and "I've run less risk
>> >driving my way across country than eating my way across
>> >it. " Maybe my search string is incomplete.
>>
>> It's not on a website. If you'd read about Duncan Hines
>> (in books), these are the exact same kinds of quotes he
>> was known for.
>>
>> Read 'Adventures in Good Eating' (1944) and specifically,
>> page 37 of "Kitchen Culture: 50 years of food fads"
>> (Pharos Books, 1991), where he is credited with saying:
>>
>> "If the soup had been as warm as the wine; if the wine
>> had been as old as the turkey; and the turkey had a
>> breast like the maid, it would have been a swell dinner".
>
> Hah! Thanks.
>
>> Obviously it's been re-phrased here and there, but that's
>> essentially the exact same quote. Contrary to popular
>> belief, not everything can be found on the web;
>
> Of course. It's easy to fall into the thought.
>
>>There are still books.
>
> Sure enough. And may there always be. There's something
> satisfying to me to turn a paper page.

Isn't that the truth. I buy books all the time and the SO
just shakes his head. He doesn't understand why I bother
with so much info available online. Well, when his ass
isn't around pestering me I like a nice cup of coffee and a
good book to read. The funny excerpts in cookbooks always
crack me up and I have the complete set of the Harvard
Classics I have not, and maybe will never get through. It
is strange how I get out of the reading mode though and
then all of a sudden I'm going through 3 books a week after
a long dry spell.

Michael <- currently reading a cookbook sent by a beloved
friend from NYC
--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
December 12, 1968