rec.bicycles.rides · Public discussion

I'm 6'4 235 tall

Started by Bryan Florida · · Last activity · 3 posts · 761 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.rides
Published
28 October 2004
Last activity
28 October 2004
Original author
Bryan Florida
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
761
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I need an inexpensive bike for the road..just for exercise. Maybe a
    speed bike but I have long legs and need a bigger bike. What brands do
    you suggest? The 18 sped I have now is too small for my size.
    Thanks.

  2. At 6'-3" and 225# I am very happy with my Jamis . Solid well made bike with
    good compononents and no problems in 8 months.

    I tried the Treks and C-dale (I had owned 4 C-cales in the past) but the Jamis
    more than met my needs and the price was considerbly lower than the others.

    Guy

  3. "Bryan Florida" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I need an inexpensive bike for the road..just for exercise. Maybe a
    speed bike but I have long legs and need a bigger bike. What brands do
    you suggest? The 18 sped I have now is too small for my size.

    Hey Bryan, I took the liberty to cross-post your message to
    rec.bicycles.misc, which is probably a more fitting newsgroup, and also has
    a higher readership than rec.bicycles.rides.

    First off, you need to tell us: what do you mean by "inexpensive"? Some
    people here would define "inexpensive" as ~$100, others as ~$1000.

    I'll leave the "go to your LBS" instructions to someone else.

    --
    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky
    please substitute yahoo for mousepotato to reply
    Home of the meditative cyclist:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~cpetersky/Welcome.htm
    Personal page: http://www.geocities.com/cpetersky/
    See the books I've set free at: http://bookcrossing.com/referral/Cpetersky

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.