Health Nutrition and Supplements · Public discussion

I'm eating a lot... is it normal?

Started by AmpedCycle · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,758 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Health Nutrition and Supplements
Published
3 May 2005
Last activity
3 May 2005
Original author
AmpedCycle
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,758
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've been hungrier than I've ever been before in my life... consuming more than 3000 calories per day. I'm wondering if this is normal for cyclists... riding 30-40 miles per day. Man, talk about some food consumption! I'm going through 5 pound bags of bulk oats and entire packages of spaghetti like it's tic tacs. Is this normal?

  2. AmpedCycle said:

    I've been hungrier than I've ever been before in my life... consuming more than 3000 calories per day. I'm wondering if this is normal for cyclists... riding 30-40 miles per day. Man, talk about some food consumption! I'm going through 5 pound bags of bulk oats and entire packages of spaghetti like it's tic tacs. Is this normal?


    Have you increased your daily miles? If so, then this is normal. When I upped my kms, my appetite sky rocketed as well. It's just your body craving to replenish the energy that you've been taking out.

    If your daily mls have always been like this, then that's weird. Maybe consider eating more before and during your rides if this is the case. If you were riding 20 mls per day and jumped to 40, you would need to adjust your energy intake accordingly prior to and during the ride.

  3. AmpedCycle said:

    I've been hungrier than I've ever been before in my life... consuming more than 3000 calories per day. I'm wondering if this is normal for cyclists... riding 30-40 miles per day. Man, talk about some food consumption! I'm going through 5 pound bags of bulk oats and entire packages of spaghetti like it's tic tacs. Is this normal?

    Early indications going back over my data..
    Personally finding 2800 requirement for gym sessions + commuting 2x9=18 miles (urban start-stop cycling, windy riverside routes, carrying daily stuff ). I'm currently only 67kg. Can easily see more lunchrides or extending the commutes upping it past 3000. 30-40 miles/day would indeed be way more.

  4. If you're gaining weight then it's too many calories, if not then it's OK. Conversely if you're losing weight then it's not enough calories.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.