Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

I'm looking for a threadless adjustable 1 1/8 stem...

Started by Ricitius · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,574 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
20 January 2006
Last activity
23 January 2006
Original author
Ricitius
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,574
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Does anyone know of a good one? I don't care about weight issues, however I do mind about quality and durability. Thankyou kindly for reading this post. Feel free to tell me what worked, or is currently working, best for you.

  2. Ricitius said:

    Does anyone know of a good one? I don't care about weight issues, however I do mind about quality and durability. Thankyou kindly for reading this post. Feel free to tell me what worked, or is currently working, best for you.


    Ritchey Pro Road adjustable worked fine for 2 years on my TT bike. A client reported similar positive experience with an ITM Millenium adjustable. The Ritchey is in the $50 range, I think there are some cheaper options now.

    You have to be a bit careful with some of them in how you install them, like what order you tighten all the bolts. Doing the wrong ones first can lead to "flop" in the mechanism.

  3. Just bought a Ritchey for my tt bike. Not tried it out yet but it is pretty sturdy. You cannot slip with it as you have to totally deconstruct the stem to adjust the angle. Also the 4 bolt front fixing gives a good grip to the bars.

  4. Hmm... Those sound good, however I am wondering if anyone has a reccomendation for a MTB/ATB bicycle?

  5. Shimano have the "Pro", looks good, not used one just yet: http://www.pro-bikegear.nl/2006/

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.