Wayne Boatwright said:On Wed 17 Aug 2005 04:21:22p, Stu wrote in rec.food.cooking:
Quoted message said:Hello Everyone,
Yesterday morning I had some major dental work done and have been
relegated to eating "soft" foods. So far I've eaten soup, chilly and
ice cream but am about starved as none of these are filling. Even
eating a boiled potato is a chore. My dentist wants me to do this for
one week. ARGH!
I would appreciate any suggestions for a meal that is hardy yet soft
enough to eat with swollen gums.
I have a blender and food processor and can cook a few things given a
good recipe.
Thanks in advance.
Poor you! I've been there and it's not only painful, but it's very
frustrating. Cream soups are more filling than broth based soups. Cheese
soup and cream of potato soup are good choices. Try malted milk shakes
with extra malt. Fruit smoothies are also good and can be filling.
Oatmeal is a good filler. You didn't say whether or not you were allowed
to chew food, but you might try some soft meat products like liverwurst or
the like.
Best of luck!
Cream of broccoli soup, cheesy broccoli soup, cheesy cauliflower soup -
made with Cheese Whiz 😉 r&d, just about any soup, yogurt, cottage
cheese, applesauce, noodles or any other pasta, scrambled eggs,
frittata, ...
I'm thinking pulled beef might be ok since it doesn't involve much chewing:
Pulled Beef
1 small roast or about 2 lb beef stew
1 bottle of favourite bbq sauce
1/2 chopped onion
1 -4 garlic cloves (optional)
water*
Pour a little of bbq sauce into crockpot. Place roast on sauce. Toss
in onion and garlic. Cover with rest of sauce. *Fill bbq sauce jar with
water and pour into crockpot. Set at low and let cook for 6 - 8 hr or
until the meat is really tender. Shred the meat and enjoy.