I-magic course editor?

thesciguy

Jan 30, 2004
Is there an editor to create your own terrains and courses for the I-magic trainer?

Originally posted by thesciguy
Is there an editor to create your own terrains and courses for the I-magic trainer?
You can design your own routes from within the i-magic, simply select fee cycling and explore the terrain, if you find yourself at the fiish line too early, simply press the up arrow on the green interface and then press enter to continue, but if you decide to stop you are prompted to save and name the route

Originally posted by biketracks
You can design your own routes from within the i-magic, simply select fee cycling and explore the terrain, if you find yourself at the fiish line too early, simply press the up arrow on the green interface and then press enter to continue, but if you decide to stop you are prompted to save and name the route

I'm sorry. I should have been more specific. I ment without the steering unit, something like using the mouse over a "map screen". Pluse, what about editing the terrain. I would love to have a terrain with a LONG climb. The current climbs are way too short.

I'm afraid you can not design your own terrain at the moment, Tacx have just bought out some new scenery called Sipscape, but there are no long climbs on there either. Sorry

Its perhaps not the answer your looking for but Tacx have a patch that allows you to ride real life video if your interested in this visit "i-rides.com" They released the patch recently on the Dutch side of the Tacx site (look for Catalyst) but you can download it direct also from the above link. The patch uses Catalyst & needs a fairly powerful cpu for the mpeg4 video.

i-magic2.jpg

Originally posted by biketracks
I'm afraid you can not design your own terrain at the moment, Tacx have just bought out some new scenery called Sipscape, but there are no long climbs on there either. Sorry

I have created long climbs in Catalyst but riding them feels like I'm back on my "old" trainer again. It's not the same.

Does Tacx visit this forum? If so, some long (hard) climbs please (8-15km)

I have created long climbs in Catalyst but riding them feels like I'm back on my "old" trainer again. It's not the same.

Does Tacx visit this forum? If so, some long (hard) climbs please (8-15km)

The Col du Galibier, Télégraphe & Croix de Fer are available from "i-rides.com" hopefully les deux Alps will be up there in a week or so also. You can download a short demo of the Galibier to try in Catalyst. The distances are longer then the real thing as your speed on the Tacx is going to be much higher also but the essence of the climbs feel real (the Galibier is still very hard!) as you see the road steepen you can feel the change in grade also.