I-Magic on Windows XP

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by hdavies, Sep 18, 2004.

1. hdavies

hdavies New Member

Looked everywhere for advice on how to get this to work but after 7 hours, and 10 reinstallations i have given up.

I have tried loading drivers from Disc, PC, internet. No joy.

Tried 4 differerent USB cables

Bought an externally powered HUB

Tried installing with no other USB devices

Tried every USB port on the PC

I cannot get it to recognise the Interface.

I am very proficient at Baseball and the Bat is soon to make contact with the interface if i cannot get it to work.

Any yes i have contacted www.tacx.nl and fisher outdoor.

Please, please please has anyone got any ideas?

Tags:

2. rumptis

rumptis New Member

If its just not seeing the device after all that I would expect the Device to be damaged. Try it in another computer just to make sure.

Good Luck

One More thing. I should detect a new USB Device regardless if any Drivers are installed or not.

3. jon_stewart

jon_stewart New Member

Assuming you have downloaded all the latest drivers from tacx, and installed them, then I completely agree with rumptis.

It took me ages figuring out why it wouldn't detect the HRM, until I did this.

4. hdavies

hdavies New Member

Thanks for the replies but i sorted it, i needed a patch for the driver, i downloaded from a yahoo group and it works fine.

5. roofrak2

roofrak2 New Member

Are you happy with this trainer....I am interested in buying the I-magic and am wondering if it is as good a motivator for training as they say it is.

Roofrak

6. hdavies

hdavies New Member

Yes, i'm very happy, as a 20 min 10 rider who lost form due to lack of training, this is what i needed.

I have had it for 3 weeks and used it every night. The i magic league is awesome. Just the screen with another rider on it riding faster than you is enough to motivate me to train. Big choice on routes, hills, track etc and loads of opponents on the net.