I Need a Better Blogging System or Theme

JTE83

Jan 28, 2004
My WordPress site was started Nov 2012, but I've hardly updated it because my time on it is being consumed by approving or deleting comments. I get too much SPAM COMMENTS advertsing a purse or shoe or etc website. The worst was when I posted a good topic and then automatic spammers jumped onto it! I quickly had over 1000 spam posts and one of them was automated to spam post every 12 minutes! I temporarily solved this problem by unpublishing the particular web page / topic for 1 month, then the spam died down. Now spam posts are building up in every of my web pages! I can't afford to pay for anti spam services. If you know a free one please suggest! So I need a Wordpress theme that: 1) can disable comments for a page 2) if it has comments, there is an anti spam box to fill in a visual cue, - like a number or letter combination 3) I also need a theme that has space for advertising. If there is a better blogging system other than WordPress please suggest! My WordPress site: http://rideabikeforlife.com/

The story on spoke protectors is hilarious. "I know how to tune a rear derailleur, but somehow sometimes the upper cog limit goes bad." That's priceless, a real knee slapper.