I need a good diet!

oznation

Aug 20, 2004
im almost 19 and just got back into cycling in the past few weeks. i can feel a difference already in my legs but im wanting to take this a step further and start eating for cycling... if that makes sense..... and also what if any are some good suplements.... not like things that will kill me but just some good vitamins?

thanks for your help in advance!!!!!!!

tyler

You don't need supplements, you just need fresh food and maybe just a bit of extra vitamin C and vitamin E if you are training hard and stressing your body. Pasta is excellent particularly as a preparation for endurance. White rice is excellent, particularly straight after racing or hard training. Loads of fresh fruit and veg. and a moderate amount of lean meat and dairy. Stay away from fatty stuff and this includes most dairy products before racing as these inhibit gastric emptying. For recovery after a hard ride or race you should have something that is about 75% low GI carbohydrate and 25% protein as soon as possible after. Something like fish and white rice is perfect for this.

Good Luck Jay

Take Amino Acid. Twinlab Amino Fuel. It boost up your energy, and if you work out you'll see the difference of you. but you gotta eat right.

SeanKimStyle said:
Take Amino Acid. Twinlab Amino Fuel. It boost up your energy, and if you work out you'll see the difference of you. but you gotta eat right.

Taking supplemental amino acids isn't required, unless there is something drastically wrong with your diet or it is restricted in a major way. Even vegetarians and vegans can receive all the protein that is required from a normal diet (non-supplemented).

Protein requirements in general are quite small, and even though there is an increase for endurance exercise, even at the upper end where maximum amounts of protein are required for extreme exercise (i.e., TdF) which is up to 2 g/kg bodymass/day these can be met by a normal non-supplemented diet.

Ric

ric_stern/RST said:
Taking supplemental amino acids isn't required, unless there is something drastically wrong with your diet or it is restricted in a major way. Even vegetarians and vegans can receive all the protein that is required from a normal diet (non-supplemented).

Protein requirements in general are quite small, and even though there is an increase for endurance exercise, even at the upper end where maximum amounts of protein are required for extreme exercise (i.e., TdF) which is up to 2 g/kg bodymass/day these can be met by a normal non-supplemented diet.

Ric
so what should we be eating? lots of carbs and low fat foods?