I need a large bike cover. Any suggestions?

oxband

Sep 26, 2010
In my new job, I have to keep my bike on the street, under no roof. So, I want to get a bike cover. I have a mild crate attached to the bake of my bike and a handlebar basket attached to the front, so I worry that no regular sized bike cover will be any good for me.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a bike cover that will be large enough? I've looked online for large bike covers and haven't found anything

hmmm....I hadn't thought of that but that's seems like a cheaper, better solution. However, how do I keep it attached to the bike so that it doesn't blow away? Also, I realize that I need to keep my bike attached to a pole or parking meter so it doesn't get stolen. Therefore, would I want to cut a hole in the side of it? I assume that's the only solution

Originally Posted by oxband .
However, how do I keep it attached to the bike so that it doesn't blow away? 
You make full use of the eyelets & use string, tape, sewing, but its paramount you get the correct sizing.

Originally Posted by oxband .
Therefore, would I want to cut a hole in the side of it? I assume that's the only solution.
Thats correct.

Hopefully your not in an area where some numpty will come along & rip it off.

You could try a barbecue cover. They come with a grommets so you can tie it down, their a bagger and cheaper then a bike specific cover, and the sun won't rot it out as fast as the various tarps mentioned earlier. Just measure the length and width of your bike and buy the right size from any home improvement store.