I need a natural anti anxiety remedy

Susan

Guest
I suffer from anxiety and depression off and on, but I
really hate the idea of taking drugs for it. Does anyone
have any advice on a natural remedy for anxiety? I would
really apreciate any advise you can give.

Thank You! www.prettyskin.citymaker.com

"Susan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I suffer from anxiety and depression off and on, but I
> really hate the idea of taking drugs for it. Does anyone
> have any advice on a natural remedy for anxiety? I would
> really apreciate any advise you can give.

Have you seen a psychologist to see why youhave these
problems? You should get to the root cause.

On 3 Jul 2004 14:57:32 -0700, [email protected] (Susan) wrote:

>I suffer from anxiety and depression off and on, but I
>really hate the idea of taking drugs for it. Does anyone
>have any advice on a natural remedy for anxiety? I would
>really apreciate any advise you can give.

This is not a group to get recommendations for
medical/psychologic conditions.

In any case it is important to determine the cause of the
anxiety/depression *before* determining the most effective
treatment.

There are substances that you ingest that may be
causing/contributing to anxiety/depression including but not
limited to cigarettes, caffeine, alcohol, other drugs.

Having said this I would suggest that you find a qualified
health professional to help you find a solution to your
problem. Try to eat well, get plenty of sleep and exercise.
You might also try meditation/yoga and other relaxation
exercises.

Aloha,

Rich

The best defense to logic is ignorance

I am not sure there is anything very effective for it. You
are playing with fire. I am normally an all natural type guy
but I would try the medication for a year or so and find out
the difference between normal and normal for you. This way
you can play with your medications of herbal preparations
more knowlegably and understand the difference. Been there.
I was born depressed and never realized until about 3 years
ago. I am 52 and went for medication because of anxiety. I
now can understand the difference and I wonder how I ever
survived this far.

"Susan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I suffer from anxiety and depression off and on, but I
> really hate the idea of taking drugs for it. Does anyone
> have any advice on a natural remedy for anxiety? I would
> really apreciate any advise you can give.
>
> Thank You! www.prettyskin.citymaker.com

try bach flower remedy for a potential use - helps calm and
can't hurt.....been getting stressed out myself and you
either take it in drop form on the tongue or in water. You
can get it from the chemist on the shelf.

Good luck

Colin

"Susan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I suffer from anxiety and depression off and on, but I
> really hate the idea of taking drugs for it. Does anyone
> have any advice on a natural remedy for anxiety? I would
> really apreciate any advise you can give.
>
> Thank You! www.prettyskin.citymaker.com

In article <[email protected]>,
Susan <[email protected]> wrote:
>I suffer from anxiety and depression off and on, but I
>really hate the idea of taking drugs for it. Does anyone
>have any advice on a natural remedy for anxiety? I would
>really apreciate any advise you can give.

There's no reason to prefer a "natural" remedy over
something produced by a pharmaceutical company. Even St
Johnswort has side-effects, and I know of a brand that made
a couple of people feel *worse* after they took it.
"Natural" does not equate to "superior."

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my
opinions only, but they're almost always correct. "If I
have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were
standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

>Subject: Re: I need a natural anti anxiety remedy
>From: [email protected] (David Wright)
>Date: 7/4/2004 7:38 PM Pacific Standard Time
>
>In article
><[email protected]>, Susan
><[email protected]> wrote:
>>I suffer from anxiety and depression off and on, but I
>>really hate the idea of taking drugs for it. Does anyone
>>have any advice on a natural remedy for anxiety? I would
>>really apreciate any advise you can give.
>
>There's no reason to prefer a "natural" remedy over
>something produced by a pharmaceutical company.

OMG.

Pushing drugs David Arrogant Wrong

There's a new review of St. John's Wort products at
consumerslab.com. I don't know how many were tested, but
three tested as contaminated, one tested as only having one-
fourth of the claimed ingredient, & two didn't indicate what
part of the flower was used...apparently a big thing in
botantical remedies--- if it didn't work, it was because it
ws the wrong end of the flower.