I need a quick answer about a 1997 Bianchi Veloce

chrismcintyre

Mar 25, 2004
I just got a 97 model Veloce, and it has the 8-speed campy equipment on it. I think the low cog is 28t. I wondered what kind of 3-ring cranks I could put on it, so I can get close to a 1:1 ratio in the low gear. I am going to be crossing some large hills this summer, and I want to set it up in more of a touring mode. I am looking for a 28t, or close, low crank gear. Thanks!

Also, if anyone has any info or specs on the 1997 Bianchi Veloce, I'd love to hear about it. I don't even know what level of campy gear is on it, except that it has an 8-speed rear cog.

Originally posted by chrismcintyre
I just got a 97 model Veloce, and it has the 8-speed campy equipment on it. I think the low cog is 28t. I wondered what kind of 3-ring cranks I could put on it, so I can get close to a 1:1 ratio in the low gear. I am going to be crossing some large hills this summer, and I want to set it up in more of a touring mode. I am looking for a 28t, or close, low crank gear. Thanks!

Also, if anyone has any info or specs on the 1997 Bianchi Veloce, I'd love to hear about it. I don't even know what level of campy gear is on it, except that it has an 8-speed rear cog.

The group is called Veloce, hence the bike model. It's good mid-level stuff.

What not to do for a triple: a mountain bike crank - it's too wide (Q-factor). Try to keep the width near 140mm.