I need a

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Andy Chequer, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    suggestion.

    I'm toying with the idea of havng my old Orange resprayed.

    I would normally leave it as the very worn old matt black stonechip is starting to rust through
    nicely and in a way the distressed look rather suits it.

    On the other hand, the prospect of having it painted a truly revolting colour is tempting. It's got
    to be good revolting, not bad revolting - i.e. no flouro colours need apply,

    Thoughts....

    Andy Chequer, maybe some stickers too

    Tags:

  2. Cameron

    Cameron Guest

    "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > suggestion.
    >
    > I'm toying with the idea of havng my old Orange resprayed.
    >
    > I would normally leave it as the very worn old matt black stonechip is starting to rust through
    > nicely and in a way the distressed look rather suits it.
    >
    > On the other hand, the prospect of having it painted a truly revolting colour is tempting. It's
    > got to be good revolting, not bad revolting - i.e. no flouro colours need apply,
    >
    > Thoughts....
    >
    > Andy Chequer, maybe some stickers too

    How about a pastel split-pea green/lavender paint mix?

    --
    Cameron

  3. Ummmmmmmmmmm.................

    Orange? Violent, nasty, cat's puke kinda orange?

    ;-)

  4. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > I'm toying with the idea of havng my old Orange resprayed.
    >
    > I would normally leave it as the very worn old matt black stonechip is starting to rust through
    > nicely and in a way the distressed look rather suits it.
    >
    > On the other hand, the prospect of having it painted a truly revolting colour is tempting. It's
    > got to be good revolting, not bad revolting -
    i.e.
    > no flouro colours need apply,
    >
    > Thoughts....

    Battleship Camo Barber pole glitter and clearcoat

    lay it on a spinning table and pour various paint colors on it

  5. "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > suggestion.
    >
    > I'm toying with the idea of havng my old Orange resprayed.
    >
    > I would normally leave it as the very worn old matt black stonechip is starting to rust through
    > nicely and in a way the distressed look rather suits it.
    >
    > On the other hand, the prospect of having it painted a truly revolting colour is tempting. It's
    > got to be good revolting, not bad revolting -
    i.e.
    > no flouro colours need apply,
    >
    > Thoughts....

    Mustard yellow. dog-poo brown. Blood red.

    Steve.

  6. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Andy Chequer wrote:

    > suggestion.
    >
    > I'm toying with the idea of havng my old Orange resprayed.

    Are you respraying it yourself?

    > I would normally leave it as the very worn old matt black stonechip is starting to rust through
    > nicely and in a way the distressed look rather suits it.
    >
    > On the other hand, the prospect of having it painted a truly revolting colour is tempting. It's
    > got to be good revolting, not bad revolting - i.e. no flouro colours need apply,
    >
    > Thoughts....

    These guys should give you some ideas: http://www.ifbikes.com/colors2/paintgallery.shtml

    You can drool over their frames too...

  7. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > suggestion.
    >
    > I'm toying with the idea of havng my old Orange resprayed.
    >
    > I would normally leave it as the very worn old matt black stonechip is starting to rust through
    > nicely and in a way the distressed look rather suits it.
    >
    > On the other hand, the prospect of having it painted a truly revolting colour is tempting. It's
    > got to be good revolting, not bad revolting -
    i.e.
    > no flouro colours need apply,
    >
    > Thoughts....
    >
    > Andy Chequer, maybe some stickers too

    Lime green, passionfruit purple, midnight blue, mid yellow - paint each tube one colour and move on
    to the next. Don't argue, just get to it.

    Shaun aRe

  8. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > Lime green,

    Hey, lime green is on its way back "in" ya know...

    -John Morgan

  9. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    Gents / Ladies / Rimmer,

    Thanks for all the suggestions. If I had any paints I'd probably have gone along with Rimmer's
    suggestion by now. Thank you God.....

    Following the Spade's mention of poo, I'm currently thinking of a hearing-aid beige rear/ metallic
    dysenterry brown fade, maybe with flames if I can get em.

    Then you can all watch it on "The World's Zaniest Chainstays", coming to a dodgy cable
    channel near you.

    Andy Chequer, had a pus beige mini once.

  10. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Gents / Ladies / Rimmer,

    Hey - even I get a mention! Whooo-hooo!

    > Thanks for all the suggestions. If I had any paints I'd probably have gone along with Rimmer's
    > suggestion by now. Thank you God.....

    You will regret not doing it my way for the rest of your life.

    > Following the Spade's mention of poo, I'm currently thinking of a hearing-aid beige rear/ metallic
    > dysenterry brown fade, maybe with flames
    if
    > I can get em.
    >
    > and a sticker for the chainstay that says

    > Then you can all watch it on "The World's Zaniest Chainstays", coming to a dodgy cable channel
    > near you.
    >
    > Andy Chequer, had a pus beige mini once.

    Got yer face paint matched did you?

    Shaun aRe

  11. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

  12. Bloocow

    Bloocow Guest

    "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Gents / Ladies / Rimmer,
    >
    > Thanks for all the suggestions. If I had any paints I'd probably have gone along with Rimmer's
    > suggestion by now. Thank you God.....
    >
    > Following the Spade's mention of poo, I'm currently thinking of a hearing-aid beige rear/ metallic
    > dysenterry brown fade, maybe with flames
    if
    > I can get em.

    Honestly, flames are pretty cheesy. Bad cheesy too imo. There was a post (i think) with a link to
    somebody's self built (literally) bike which could be dismantled at some joints. That bike had an
    interesting (and gaudy) colour scheme. cool idea for chainstay too, remember to put it on the non
    drive side.

    bloocow