I need an help about UST tubless

DDAAXX

Mar 17, 2004
Hi,
I'm new in this great forum, and I start with a request :)
I've just changed my old bike with a new Carraro 495K Race, and this bike came with UST tires.
Last sunday I had a problem: I had a perforation.

My question is if there is a product to prevent perforation of tubless.

I know that Geax have a liquid product, but I think it's not the best.

I see (but I don't remember where) a product that looks like a little ball, that inserted in the tubless, when a perforation occours the pressure inside the tire move this ball in proximity of the hole and than self repair the problem without loss of pressure.

Do you know it?

Thanks a lot for your big help

Dario

You need Stans latex sealant (www.notubes.com). This is the best tire sealant around right now and its whats used by almost every single pro-racer who runs tubeless tires (just about every single one of them). For now just patch the inside of the tire with a patch just like you would a tube.

Originally posted by Hecubus
You need Stans latex sealant (www.notubes.com). This is the best tire sealant around right now and its whats used by almost every single pro-racer who runs tubeless tires (just about every single one of them). For now just patch the inside of the tire with a patch just like you would a tube.

I've heard that Stans disolves the rubber on the inside of the tire, in some cases the tire only lasts several months. This would be a pain and expensive. Have you had any problems wth this or is this a myth?

MYTH. Quite simply put its the only sealant that works almost foolproof. Other sealants are quite simply junk that almost never work. And I really mean almost never.

Originally posted by Hecubus
MYTH. Quite simply put its the only sealant that works almost foolproof. Other sealants are quite simply junk that almost never work. And I really mean almost never.

Ive never used a bottle type sealant before but I have used a number of pressure pack auto tyre sealants in cars and bikes with excellent results. The downside being they are single use, the upside being they dont require you to pump up your (bicycle) tyre.

Cheers!

PS: never use these products in a motorcycle tyre. I have never had a failure with these products but Murphy's law says it will occur !