I need help finding a tire for my oddball rim

andyva

Jun 20, 2005
I currently own a Bianchi Trofeo road bike. Its' original equipment included Campagnolo Aluminum rims. The Size on the sticker says
Melbourne 56
ETRTO 622x13c
6000 Series AlloyT-6
Now I know it's old but it was a nice road bike until my tires wore out The current model tire that everyone is trying to sell me is 700 x 23c and none of them fit!!!! Can some body please help me .I found a chart in German but did not understand the tire dimensions given. The tires I have are so tight that the bead is sitting inside the rim and won't even come close to where the bead is supposed to cath the lip of the rim. It is so tight I can't even spin the tire on the rim... I hope that some tech or person can help me in this matter........
Signed...
Anxiously awaiting a road ride

From what you say its a narrow 700c that you need.

What tyres were on there originally?

I would recommend a 700 x 20c for a narrow rim like that - maybe a Vittoria Open Corsa EVO CX or close equivalent.

Cheers

Reagrding your question:

My wife owns a Bianchi Eros from 1997 with the same wheelset. It is equipped with Vittoria Competition Zefir 22 700x22C tires listing 22-622 (I suspect specifying the rim size).

My question:

I am entertaining building up a wheelset with 28 hole record hubs I own for her. Are there any Campagnolo tubular rims manufactured same size 622x13c?

andyva said:
I currently own a Bianchi Trofeo road bike. Its' original equipment included Campagnolo Aluminum rims. The Size on the sticker says
Melbourne 56
ETRTO 622x13c
6000 Series AlloyT-6
Now I know it's old but it was a nice road bike until my tires wore out The current model tire that everyone is trying to sell me is 700 x 23c and none of them fit!!!! Can some body please help me .I found a chart in German but did not understand the tire dimensions given. The tires I have are so tight that the bead is sitting inside the rim and won't even come close to where the bead is supposed to cath the lip of the rim. It is so tight I can't even spin the tire on the rim... I hope that some tech or person can help me in this matter........
Signed...
Anxiously awaiting a road ride

This post is ancient...but I'm having the same problem. Did you ever come up with a solution???
The original tires are old Vittorias that I can only REmount when I don't have the tube in.

I got on a Continental GP4000SII but it broke the casing around the bead. "are you kidding me?" UGH.

Tried veloflex master clinchers with no luck. Who wants these wheels?

FYI. Some rims are slightly larger than others despite having the SAME numerical size ...

A common remedy is to toss the tire(s) into a clothes drier to warm them up ...

• THAT won't help you if you get a flat away from home!!!

While others have expressed a different opinion in the past, I think that wire bead tires are generally NOT as tight as Kevlar bead tires of the same brand and/or model (if there is a comparable tire with the two different beads, that is).