I need help !!! I need to lose weight real fast with a stationary-bike !!

worldgod

Dec 20, 2003
Hello all: I need help. Is it possible to lose weight with the help of a stationary bicycle? I don't own a regular bicycle, i just own a stationary bike, so i would like to know if by doing 60 minutes a day of stationary bike, plus 50 minutes of walking can i burn a lot of calories?

I ask this because yesterday in thanxgiving dinner, i ate like 3500 calories of food. (1000 of turkey, and 2500 of cake) so is it possible to burn all those extra calories real fast? I am a bit anorexic, and i hate looking bloated and fat

thanx all

worldgod

worldgod said:
Hello all: I need help. Is it possible to lose weight with the help of a stationary bicycle? I don't own a regular bicycle, i just own a stationary bike, so i would like to know if by doing 60 minutes a day of stationary bike, plus 50 minutes of walking can i burn a lot of calories?

I ask this because yesterday in thanxgiving dinner, i ate like 3500 calories of food. (1000 of turkey, and 2500 of cake) so is it possible to burn all those extra calories real fast? I am a bit anorexic, and i hate looking bloated and fat

thanx all

worldgod

You can get fit/lose weight using a stationary bike, of course.

Depends how quickly you want to lose weight.

By pedalling at 90+ revs per minute for 60 mins, you should burn enough calories to lose weight.

However, all exercise needs to be measured with calorie intake.
If you're ingesting huge amounts of calories, in order to burn off those calories you need to expend an equivalent amount of energy.

Years ago I raced with a friend of mine who used to insist on going out for pints on a regular basis.

He was a great cyclist but he could have been an even better cyclinst if he controlled his fluid/food intake.
It got to the stage where he would train on the rollers (equivalent to your stationary bike) wearing plastic binliners, pedalling +120 revs per minute and sweating the pinds off to beat the band.

Hi, thanks for taking your time to answer me. hey by the way you didn't specify what kind of food you meant by *pints*. Did you mean pint of ice-cream?

Well, in any case, i am in a high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet (about 50 grams of carbohydrates a day). I won't celebrate christmas (december 25th) and the news years eve (december 31st) with food. I will skip the eating altogether in this year. Losing weight requires some sacrifice and effort and we have to pay for it, just like cycling. Bikeriding requires patient like most long distance slow type of aerobic exercises.

worldgod

limerickman said:
You can get fit/lose weight using a stationary bike, of course.

Depends how quickly you want to lose weight.

By pedalling at 90+ revs per minute for 60 mins, you should burn enough calories to lose weight.

However, all exercise needs to be measured with calorie intake.
If you're ingesting huge amounts of calories, in order to burn off those calories you need to expend an equivalent amount of energy.

Years ago I raced with a friend of mine who used to insist on going out for pints on a regular basis.

He was a great cyclist but he could have been an even better cyclinst if he controlled his fluid/food intake.
It got to the stage where he would train on the rollers (equivalent to your stationary bike) wearing plastic binliners, pedalling +120 revs per minute and sweating the pinds off to beat the band.

worldgod said:
Hi, thanks for taking your time to answer me. hey by the way you didn't specify what kind of food you meant by *pints*. Did you mean pint of ice-cream?

Ice Cream?

No : pints refers to unit measure of alcohols.
Pints of lovely lovely beer.

My mate thought that he could race AND drink pints to his hearts content.
That's why he had to resort to sweating it out each year : pints of Guiness and racing ain't gonna mix.

worldgod said:
Well, in any case, i am in a high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet (about 50 grams of carbohydrates a day). I won't celebrate christmas (december 25th) and the news years eve (december 31st) with food. I will skip the eating altogether in this year. Losing weight requires some sacrifice and effort and we have to pay for it, just like cycling. Bikeriding requires patient like most long distance slow type of aerobic exercises.

worldgod

Starving yourself isn't the answer either.

Most competitive athletes eat lots of food.

In order to perform, you need energy and the source of our energy is food.

The secret, if there is a secret, is to consume food which provides you with energy but which is low in calories - and to marry this to a training regime.

worldgod said:

thanx all

worldgod
Troll (again!)

Im not a troll, what i meant is true, I mean i would like to get rid some of the weight i have gained in these holidays, in this thanksgiving holidays. That's why i am thinking about doing 2 hours a day of stationary-bicycling.

Take care

worldgod

rmur17 said:
Troll (again!)

worldgod said:

thanx all

worldgod
You can.

If you're desperate to lose the weight, skip the walking and spend the extra 50 minutes on the bike.

BUT

You will need a large fan for cooling. Don't mistake lots of sweat for lots of effort.

That said, if you're anorexic then I'd just stick to doing whatever you were doing before. Happy Thanksgiving.

Hello: by the way is 2 hours of aerobic-exercise a day too much? because i've been doing about 1 hour and 20 minutes of stationary-bicycling, and 40 minutes of walking (2 hours in total of aerobic exercise). Is that too much exercise? or should i do less in order to feel less fatigued. Because right now i feel so abulic and tired.

Take care

worldgod

swampy1970 said:
You can.

If you're desperate to lose the weight, skip the walking and spend the extra 50 minutes on the bike.

BUT

You will need a large fan for cooling. Don't mistake lots of sweat for lots of effort.

That said, if you're anorexic then I'd just stick to doing whatever you were doing before. Happy Thanksgiving.

worldgod said:
Hello: by the way is 2 hours of aerobic-exercise a day too much? because i've been doing about 1 hour and 20 minutes of stationary-bicycling, and 40 minutes of walking (2 hours in total of aerobic exercise). Is that too much exercise? or should i do less in order to feel less fatigued. Because right now i feel so abulic and tired.

Take care

worldgod
If you want to lose weight then speeding up your metabolism will be most effective way to do it. It is best accomplished with anaerobic exercise, e.g. weight training or high intensity intervals. You may even give the Tabata intervals a try. You want to burn fat effectively throughout the day, not just for 2 hrs a day. And don't pig out! A little hunger before smaller but more frequent meals goes a long way.

BTW, 2 hrs of aerobic exercise is not too much provided you can recover from it day to day.

rmur17 said:
Troll (again!)
Yeah, no kidding, huh?

...and apparently they celebrate Thanksgiving in the Dominican Republic (the famous "dando de gracias" festival) ? ;)

Seeing as how there are events like ultra marathons and iron mans which can take as long as 13 hours to complete, and 24 hour distance races, I'd say that 2 hours of aerobic exercise will not harm you. If you really want to lose weight quickly, I would say do a half hour run with an hour and a half on the stationary bike. Running burns calories at a faster rate than cycling. The combination of both has been working wonders for me thus far this off season. Down about 12 pounds in a bit over a month!

worldgod said:

thanx all

worldgod

Firstly obviously, LOL. Anorexia is always good for a laugh, eh? :mad:

But just for the sake of argument and the general points, I'll take your post at face value. You don't have to worry so much about a one-off big food day like that because the chances are that your body couldn't keep up and digest most of that food. A good portion of those calories have gone straight through. You'll only be bloated while it all sits around in your gut. You need to eat like crazy on more than one day if you're going to pile on the weight.

Lose weight real fast = max 1kg/week if you want to stay healthy and give yourself any chance of keeping it off.

It is posssible to lose weight orlay the foundation to become a world class athlete on a stationary bike.
It just depends on your dedication and age of course.