I need help with a C Record derailleur

toomanybikes

New Member
Nov 1, 2004
The C Record rear derailleur is off my favourite "vintage" ridse for now, replaced with a Veloce.

There is a piece that fits the back of the hanger bolt and has a "tab" on it, this tab then fits up against the derailleur hanger on the frame to keep the essentially "vertical" orientation of the derailleur on the frame.

The piece at the back of the hanger bolt has broken. Does anyone know where I can get these parts or a similar part that would work?

I have tried buying C Record Derailleurs on eBay and always seem to get pipped in the last minute or two (Automated bidding??), anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

toomanybikes <[email protected]> writes:

>The C Record rear derailleur is off my favourite "vintage" ridse for
>now, replaced with a Veloce.

>There is a piece that fits the back of the hanger bolt and has a "tab"
>on it, this tab then fits up against the derailleur hanger on the frame
>to keep the essentially "vertical" orientation of the derailleur on the
>frame.

>The piece at the back of the hanger bolt has broken. Does anyone know
>where I can get these parts or a similar part that would work?

A couple of options :

(a) If you have all the missing parts, you might take it to a local
machine shop and see if they can weld it back together. It might need
to be chrome stripped first (call the local harley davidson dealer for
a recommendation about chrome shops.) The piece might be too small
and delicate for welding, though. Maybe braze it back together, and
get it rechromed ??

(b) Alternately, you could buy a piece of aluminum stock, and a
dremel, and try to make one from aluminum. It would not look original
but it would probably work.

(c) A third choice is to talk to an ex diesel mechanic in australia
named Wayne Davidson who stocks campagnolo small parts for fun.

[email protected]

http://search.bikelist.org/getmsg.asp?Filename=classicrendezvous.10405.1417.eml

Don't forget to tell him I sent you. Even if the part is not on his
list, he might know where to get it or how to make one for you. He's
a very handy machinist.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA

TMB-<< The C Record rear derailleur is off my favourite "vintage" ridse for
now, replaced with a Veloce.
>><BR><BR>

<< The piece at the back of the hanger bolt has broken. Does anyone know
where I can get these parts or a similar part that would work? >><BR><BR>

Not really. this was on the first gen C-Record rear der, was prone to breakage.
I do have an almost new C-Record rear der for sale, with new pulleys, last gen.

$175 takes it.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.