I need some help with 2 Chinese recipes.

Marc

Guest
There was a restaurant here in Atlanta that served shrimp in a butter garlic
sauce and also in a ginger butter sauce that were incredible. Has anyone
had anything like this? I've tried to find the recipes because they were so
good and seemed very easy. The restaurant been closed to I can't even go
and sample the food again to try to figure them out. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Marc

INGREDIENTS:

2 pounds jumbo shrimps, shelled and deveined, tail left on
1 large clove garlic, crushed
salt
juice of 1 lime or lemon
1/3 cup olive oil
garlic butter, (see below)

PREPARATION:

Use scissors to remove shells without disturbing tails. In a non-reactive
bowl, combine crushed garlic, salt, lime juice, and olive oil. Put shrimp in
bowl; stir to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.

Thread shrimp onto skewers and grill 5 to 6 inches from coals for about 12
to 15 minutes, turning frequently.

Remove tails if cooking under broiler.

Serves 4.

Garlic Butter for Dipping

1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 large garlic clove, crushed
salt
In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add remaining ingredients; heat for 1
minute. Serve with shrimp or other seafood.

Broiled Shrimp with Garlic Butter

2 pounds shrimp
1/4 pound butter
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley

Shell shrimp, but do not remove the tails. Split down the back and devein.
Wash under cold water and dry.
Preheat the broiler.

In a broiler pan, melt butter, then add olive oil, lemon juice, chopped
green onions, chopped garlic clove, and pepper. Add the shrimp and broil 3
to 4-inches from the heat for 5 minutes. Turn shrimp, broil 5 minutes on the
other side.

Serve on a platter with parsley and the strained juices from the broiler
pan.

Makes 6 servings.

Shrimp Scampi Recipe

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 pounds large shrimp (about 16 to 24)
1/3 cup clarified butter
4 tablespoons minced garlic
6 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh if possible
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper, to taste

PREPARATION:

Rinse shrimp and set aside. Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat.
Cook garlic 1 or 2 minutes or until softened but not browned. Add shrimp,
green onions, wine and lemon juice; cook until shrimp are pink and firm,
about 1 to 2 minutes on each side.

Do not overcook. Add chopped parsley and salt and pepper before serving.
Garnish with lemon slices and parsley sprigs if desired.

Makes 8 first-course servings.
Enjoy
Chef R. W. Miller

news:FOWCd.1346$%[email protected]...

nancree wrote:
> Here's a shrimp dish with ginger butter sauce
>
> http://www.fox13.com/recipes/wonton.htm
>
> However, since Chinese don't use dairy (in this case, butter and

cream)
> in their food, I doubt the whole recipe is the same as you had.
>
> Nancree

Actually, Hong Kong Chinese use a certain amount of dairy in their
dishes, probably a leftover influence of living under British
colonization for nearly a century. I occasionally ordered "butter
shrimp" when I lived in Hong Kong, but never really saw dairy-based
Chinese dishes in other parts of China.

Adilah