I need some ideas

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by lsu_fan, Apr 2, 2006.

  1. lsu_fan

    lsu_fan Guest

    I'm 16 and about 6'4 205lbs. I lift every Monday and Thursday full
    body work outs squat,bench, incline,power cleans. I take a whey protein
    weight gainer every lifting day before school. On every other day we go
    outside and do agility's so I don't take it. As an offensive lineman i
    need to gain weight and can't find a way. I need to be about 250 by
    the start of football season. ANY IDEAS?

    Tags:

  2. Peter

    Peter Guest

    "lsu_fan" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht:

    > As an offensive lineman i
    > need to gain weight and can't find a way. I need to be about 250 by
    > the start of football season. ANY IDEAS?

    Sure.

    --
    Pete

  3. On 2 Apr 2006 16:47:57 -0700, "lsu_fan" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > ANY IDEAS?

    Dozens, on a daily basis.

  4. Jason Earl

    Jason Earl Guest

    "lsu_fan" <[email protected]> writes:

    > I'm 16 and about 6'4 205lbs. I lift every Monday and Thursday full
    > body work outs squat,bench, incline,power cleans. I take a whey
    > protein weight gainer every lifting day before school. On every
    > other day we go outside and do agility's so I don't take it. As an
    > offensive lineman i need to gain weight and can't find a way. I
    > need to be about 250 by the start of football season. ANY IDEAS?

    Gaining 50 pounds in a few months would be quite a feat, but people
    reach impossible goals all of the time, so I am not going to
    discourage you. One thing is certain though, you are going to have to
    get very serious about your diet. Log everything you eat at
    fitday.com and come back and give us an idea as to how many calories
    you are currently getting in a day. Here's a clue, though, it's
    probably a *lot* less than you need to put on serious weight.

    What are you waiting for? Go eat something.

    Jason

  5. "lsu_fan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I'm 16 and about 6'4 205lbs. I lift every Monday and Thursday full
    > body work outs squat,bench, incline,power cleans. I take a whey protein
    > weight gainer every lifting day before school. On every other day we go
    > outside and do agility's so I don't take it. As an offensive lineman i
    > need to gain weight and can't find a way. I need to be about 250 by
    > the start of football season. ANY IDEAS?

    Sounds like you need to eat more. A lot more.

    Fraser

  6. David

    David Guest

    "lsu_fan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I'm 16 and about 6'4 205lbs. I lift every Monday and Thursday full
    > body work outs squat,bench, incline,power cleans. I take a whey protein
    > weight gainer every lifting day before school. On every other day we go
    > outside and do agility's so I don't take it. As an offensive lineman i
    > need to gain weight and can't find a way. I need to be about 250 by
    > the start of football season. ANY IDEAS?

    I have an idea. Drop this shitty group and go to
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    You will get some worthwhile info. You are wasting your time here

  7. Ranieri

    Ranieri Guest

    "lsu_fan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I'm 16 and about 6'4 205lbs. I lift every Monday and Thursday full
    > body work outs squat,bench, incline,power cleans. I take a whey protein
    > weight gainer every lifting day before school. On every other day we go
    > outside and do agility's so I don't take it. As an offensive lineman i
    > need to gain weight and can't find a way. I need to be about 250 by
    > the start of football season. ANY IDEAS?

    Yeah, lots of volume in the 75%-85% range of compound movements. Lots of
    rest. No cardio and, most importantly, stuff your face with as many calories
    as humanly possible. Have fun with that.

  8. JamesG

    JamesG Guest

    I would recommend also drinking a whey protein smoothie right after you
    work out. I notice that my muscles seem to respond better if I make
    sure to drink one right after I work out and then an hour later I eat a
    big meal. Your workout sounds good, I also think that deadlift is a
    good exercise to do if you want to get bigger. Another scheme you
    could think about would be a split routine, chest/tricep and legs/back.
    You could workout either two or three times a week alternating these
    workouts and your bodyparts would get more rest between workouts and
    you could provide a more focused, intense workout on the body parts.
    Compound exercises would still be the way to go. An example could be:
    legs/back: deadlift, squat, pullups, pulldowns, dumbell rows
    chest/tricep: bench, incline, flys, dips (be careful of your
    shoulders), overhead press

    I would recommend that you try to limit your time per workout to an
    hour. From my experience this seems to be an optimum amount of time.
    Since you are playing football it would also be good to have your body
    primed to work hard for around this long (high school games are 48
    minutes or so?). Work very hard, you should be worn out at the end of
    the workout. Keep records of your lifts so that you can increase your
    workload consistently.

    Another thing that is important to do, and I know that this might
    seem obvious, don't let yourself ever feel hungry. Make it a point to
    always have food available and never let yourself get a hungry feeling.
    If you are feeling hungry the last thing your body would be thinking
    about would be adding muscle. I am assuming that you are not just
    looking to get fat, slow, and unhealthy; how to do that is well
    documented (see Supersize Me).

    Good Luck,
    James

  9. Helgi Briem

    Helgi Briem Guest

    On 2 Apr 2006 16:47:57 -0700, "lsu_fan" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'm 16 and about 6'4 205lbs. I lift every Monday and Thursday full
    >body work outs squat,bench, incline,power cleans. I take a whey protein
    >weight gainer every lifting day before school. On every other day we go
    >outside and do agility's so I don't take it. As an offensive lineman i
    >need to gain weight and can't find a way. I need to be about 250 by
    >the start of football season. ANY IDEAS?

    1. Food.
    2. More food.
    3. Even more food.
    4. You're getting the idea, lots of food.
    5. And keep stuffing your face.
    6. And more food.
    7. You got it, more food.

  10. David

    David Guest

    "Helgi Briem" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On 2 Apr 2006 16:47:57 -0700, "lsu_fan" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>I'm 16 and about 6'4 205lbs. I lift every Monday and Thursday full
    >>body work outs squat,bench, incline,power cleans. I take a whey protein
    >>weight gainer every lifting day before school. On every other day we go
    >>outside and do agility's so I don't take it. As an offensive lineman i
    >>need to gain weight and can't find a way. I need to be about 250 by
    >>the start of football season. ANY IDEAS?

    > 1. Food.
    > 2. More food.
    > 3. Even more food.
    > 4. You're getting the idea, lots of food.
    > 5. And keep stuffing your face.
    > 6. And more food.
    > 7. You got it, more food.

    It's ok Helgi, he already has the idea that this group is a waste of time.

  11. John

    John Guest

    "Helgi Briem" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On 2 Apr 2006 16:47:57 -0700, "lsu_fan" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I'm 16 and about 6'4 205lbs. I lift every Monday and Thursday full
    > >body work outs squat,bench, incline,power cleans. I take a whey protein
    > >weight gainer every lifting day before school. On every other day we go
    > >outside and do agility's so I don't take it. As an offensive lineman i
    > >need to gain weight and can't find a way. I need to be about 250 by
    > >the start of football season. ANY IDEAS?

    > 1. Food.
    > 2. More food.
    > 3. Even more food.
    > 4. You're getting the idea, lots of food.
    > 5. And keep stuffing your face.
    > 6. And more food.
    > 7. You got it, more food.

    I'd like to add "good, clean food," not McDonalds, Taco Bell, etc...

  12. JMW

    JMW Guest

    "John" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Helgi Briem" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> On 2 Apr 2006 16:47:57 -0700, "lsu_fan" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I'm 16 and about 6'4 205lbs. I lift every Monday and Thursday full
    >> >body work outs squat,bench, incline,power cleans. I take a whey protein
    >> >weight gainer every lifting day before school. On every other day we go
    >> >outside and do agility's so I don't take it. As an offensive lineman i
    >> >need to gain weight and can't find a way. I need to be about 250 by
    >> >the start of football season. ANY IDEAS?

    >> 1. Food.
    >> 2. More food.
    >> 3. Even more food.
    >> 4. You're getting the idea, lots of food.
    >> 5. And keep stuffing your face.
    >> 6. And more food.
    >> 7. You got it, more food.

    >I'd like to add "good, clean food," not McDonalds, Taco Bell, etc...

    Is their food particularly dirty?

  13. John

    John Guest

    "JMW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "John" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >"Helgi Briem" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]

    protein

    go

    > >> 1. Food.
    > >> 2. More food.
    > >> 3. Even more food.
    > >> 4. You're getting the idea, lots of food.
    > >> 5. And keep stuffing your face.
    > >> 6. And more food.
    > >> 7. You got it, more food.

    > >I'd like to add "good, clean food," not McDonalds, Taco Bell, etc...

    > Is their food particularly dirty?

    I'm sure they have the 10-second rule. ;)

  14. David  Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    "JMW" <[email protected]> wrote
    > "John" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> 1. Food.
    >>> 2. More food.
    >>> 3. Even more food.
    >>> 4. You're getting the idea, lots of food.
    >>> 5. And keep stuffing your face.
    >>> 6. And more food.
    >>> 7. You got it, more food.

    >>I'd like to add "good, clean food," not McDonalds, Taco Bell, etc...

    > Is their food particularly dirty?

    Actually, with one exception, just the opposite. In the Way Back Time, I was
    a sanitarian (county health inspector) and an exterminator. I dealt with
    nearly all the major fast food chains, in one way or the other. They are, as
    a rule, extremely clean. Possibly because corporate ownership insists on
    it...one bad example can affect the reputation of many restaurants. In fact,
    Carl's Jr were the cleanest restaurants I ever encountered...spotless.

    The filthiest restaurants, in general, are the little privately owned
    places, often the expensive ones, too.

    As far as ethnic type, the filthiest, by FAR, are Chinese restaurants. Not
    the Americanized chain-type places, but the real, Chinese owned, Chinese
    restaurants. Filthier by orders of magnitude over the second place.

    The one exception in fast food places? Jack In The Box. They are universally
    filthy and disgusting. They have, literally, killed people (google them and
    hemolytic uremic syndrome). I never, EVER, eat their food.

    I do like their commercials, though. Great ad agency.

    David

  15. find the nearest cici's/hometown buffet/golden corral and become a
    regular.

    usually i wouldn't recommend any type of weight-gainer powder, but if
    you've got to gain a bunch of weight in a short amount of time you
    might benefit from something like champion's weight gainer 900 or
    isopure mass. (i'm not real up-to-date on the powder scene--if the new
    isopure mass is as high-quality as isopure, then it'll probably be the
    best on the market.) plan on drinking one of these shakes when you
    wake up and one before bed. drink another during the day after working
    out.

    i'd probably stay away from the olympic style lifting while training on
    your own 'cause it's too easy to get injured. add in a set or two of
    farmer's walk at the end of each workout.

    oh, and make sure you get enough sleep and drink enough water
    (distilled is the best).

  16. Dr. Dickie

    Dr. Dickie Guest

    "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > The one exception in fast food places? Jack In The Box. They are
    > universally filthy and disgusting. They have, literally, killed people
    > (google them and hemolytic uremic syndrome). I never, EVER, eat their
    > food.
    >
    > I do like their commercials, though. Great ad agency.
    >
    > David

    Good golly, I didn't even know they were still around. I thought their
    ,"Would you like E. coli with that?" campaign put them under years ago.
    Hell, I would even drive fast past one of those.
    --

    Dr. Dickie
    Skepticult member in good standing #394-00596-438

  17. DJ

    DJ Guest

    "lsu_fan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I'm 16 and about 6'4 205lbs. I lift every Monday and Thursday full
    > body work outs squat,bench, incline,power cleans. I take a whey protein
    > weight gainer every lifting day before school. On every other day we go
    > outside and do agility's so I don't take it. As an offensive lineman i
    > need to gain weight and can't find a way. I need to be about 250 by
    > the start of football season. ANY IDEAS?

    Maybe you could study the diet of the Japanese Sumo Wrestlers who often eat
    mountains of noodles and wholesome foods. They look fat but theres a lot of
    muscle there too.
    Building more muscle will help you gain weight but you must eat more to feed
    it. The more you work out the more you eat.Don't eat shit takeaways,eat
    natural foods otherwise your guts will clog up eventually and put too much
    strain on your liver among other things.

    Hope this helps

    DJ

  18. David  Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    "DJ" <[email protected]> wrote
    > Don't eat shit takeaways,eat natural foods otherwise your guts will clog
    > up eventually and put too much strain on your liver among other things.

    :0))

    > Hope this helps

    If making me laugh is healthy, you have indeed helped. That was .sig line
    material!

    David