I need someones opinion on my first road bike

kristina440

Dec 12, 2012
I've been thinking about this bike. But I don't know much about specs so if someone can help me out and let me know if this is a good deal and a good bike, or if you know another bike in the same price range that would be better. http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/dawes/sheila.htm

how tall are you, since the bike, which is nice by the way, comes in x-small, small and medium sizes only,

ok, great, specs look quite good for the price, it also has eyelets in case you want to install a rack or fenders, i like the overall look of the bike and it should be also as good in functionality,

Nice newbee bike, ya may wanna check out Orbea aquas as they are on sale at the moment, just bought my wife another one and she loves it...either way enjoy your riding...

If this is your first road bike I would advise against buying online. Fit is critical and the best way to ensure the best fit is at your LBS. You will no doubt have many questions and will likely want to ride with others at some point. Online retailers wont be able to help you where as the LBS will.

$299 is for a road bike is tempting, but consider that the 50 cm frame is really a small, not a medium, and it will probably be too small for you. On the other hand, an entry level Trek Lexa is still a better bike by several degrees of magnitude. It will also cost less than $700, not $900, having full dealer support, and it will be available in your size, most likely 52 cm.