I need to by a bike and I need help!!!

Discussion in 'Women's Cycling' started by pjdragon, Jul 28, 2004.

1. pjdragon

pjdragon New Member

Hi everyone I'm going to start training for a triathlon (sprint distance) with one of my friends very soon. I am a beginning cyclist and I don't have a bike. I'm looking to buy one but hopefully not spend a lot of money. I've done a lot of research and it seems like the Trek 1000, Ibex Corrida CT and the Giant OCR 3 are good bikes but I'm not sure. I don't want to buy a mediocre bike fall in love with triathlons and have to buy a new bike in a year.

The salesman at the bike shop recommended a Trek 1500. My friend suggested that I find a year old model but I'm not sure where to go to find those either. I'm a little lost in all the terminology and bikes could anyone help me find my way?

Thanks for all of your help, I'm really excited to start riding!:)

Tags:

2. thotdoc

thotdoc New Member

I rode my first year on a Centurion Ironman. They are steel and ride very smoothly. They weigh about 19 pounds or less in smaller sizes (56) and can be had for about 200$. A great way to start IMHO.

You can find them on ebay. I've bought 2, both in beautiful condition from people on ebay.

After you ride for a year you'll know what type of bike you want to move up to and you 'll have a second bike for a friend or rain.

Best,

G

3. pjdragon

pjdragon New Member

Thanks that sounds like great advice, I'll definitely check it out!