I Need To Find A Group!!

mjs4300

Jan 2, 2006
Very shortly I am moving from Brisbane to Melbourne. We will be living in the Newport/Kingsville/Williamstown area, and would like to join a group. I don't know anyone in Melbourne apart from my little sister. And she doesn't ride.

Can anyone help me? I would like to find a social group for riding, who do I contact ? I am not a speedy gonzales just a regular rider who loves getting out and enjoying the company of others and the all important coffee at the end:D

Mascot Cycles Saturday Morning – Beach Road.

The Saturday morning ride leaves the shop at 7am, travelling through the city and then along Beach Road. Black Rock is the turn around point for those who want an easier ride. You'll arrive back at the shop about 9am, just enough time for a coffee at Enris Restaurant. Those that go on to Mordialloc ride much fast after the clock tower and arrive back at Bridge Road around 9.30am.

This is a very friendly group who welcome any new comers.

http://mascotcycles.com.au

You could check out the Melbourne Bicycle Touring Club: www.mbtc.org.au
We have a meeting every Thursday evening and at least a couple of rides each weekend. Come along to a meeting or one our rides to see if we suit your needs.

Also check the BV site to see if there are any BUGs in your area. Some do social rides as well as local advocacy.

:D Thanks everyone! I look forward to going on some of the rides and making new friends. I guess that is the hardest part about leaving your home state or city, is having to make some new friends and put yourself out there and hope that others like you:D :D :D

mjs4300 said:
:D Thanks everyone! I look forward to going on some of the rides and making new friends. I guess that is the hardest part about leaving your home state or city, is having to make some new friends and put yourself out there and hope that others like you:D :D :D
haha I"m also in melbourne and might track down a club or two. Probably start off at my university at monash clayton :cool:

wcngu1 said:
haha I"m also in melbourne and might track down a club or two. Probably start off at my university at monash clayton :cool:
Well this is our last weekend in Brisbane. By this time next week we will be waking up at my sister's house drained from the drive down the Nuel Highway. Then starting work on the Monday. Bummer I have to catch the train to work for the first two weeks cause the house we rented won't be ready for a week, and the bikes will be in storeage. & then I have to get a pass for the Gym to have a shower can't offend everone in my first month at the new office. We'll see you Brissy have a wonderful time and I might be able top get back up for the 08 Brissy to the coast challenge. Fingers crossed. :) :) :)