I need to get enhanced!

Nas_kaj

Aug 14, 2006
Are there any legal pills or drinks I can take to enhance my endurance capabilites? Preferable something I can find in GNC

Accelerade
Gatorade
Powerade
Basically any carbohydrate replenishing sports drink.

Nas_kaj said:
Are there any legal pills or drinks I can take to enhance my endurance capabilites? Preferable something I can find in GNC
Look at all aspects of your diet!!!

sleep or train in an altitude tent :)

They only cost a few grand. :)

How about glycerol supplements

What I was looking for is a pill that will do the job. I need a quick fix.

Well, Musclenergy by Cytosport will make you feel lactic acid far less than normal, but that's not the same as having more endurance. The point is that you can trick your body for a few hours, but you will pay for it in the end, either by fatigue or vomiting, etc...just put in more quality training. There is no shortcut.

Nas_kaj said:
The right pills depend on your priorities. If you need to first get leaner and build muscle mass, anabolic steroids are proven. HGH is popular too. For boosting red blood cell count (related to aerobic output), EPO is the way to go. Stimulants are good to help you keep focused and aggressive, and take your mind off the fatigue: caffeine is my favorite (and legal too), but amphetamines (eg, Dexadrine) work much better. Lastly, don't forget pain killers, like good old NSAIDs, to help dull the pain of intense efforts. A whole world of drugs is out there to do the job for you.

dhk2 said:
The right pills depend on your priorities. If you need to first get leaner and build muscle mass, anabolic steroids are proven. HGH is popular too. For boosting red blood cell count (related to aerobic output), EPO is the way to go. Stimulants are good to help you keep focused and aggressive, and take your mind off the fatigue: caffeine is my favorite (and legal too), but amphetamines (eg, Dexadrine) work much better. Lastly, don't forget pain killers, like good old NSAIDs, to help dull the pain of intense efforts. A whole world of drugs is out there to do the job for you.
You're not being helpful. What I'm doing is not a ride. I'm being tested on a two mile run. I suck at running. I just need something to help me out for two miles, legally. I'm not a druggie and I don't like to resort to using them. I firmly believe that working hard is the way to go, but since I'm only going to do this twice a year, I'm willing to damage my body just a little bit. If your reccomendtion is EPO then I'll just stick with some coffee or a red bull.

Agree caffeine before the run might help you a little, but suggest you experiment first in training to be sure coffee or Red Bull doesn't mess up your stomach. Carb level is important of course. Some people like to take sport drink perhaps 15 minutes before the event. Sorry for the sarcasm, and glad to hear you're not a druggie. But you did state you were looking for a quick fix pill :)

Nas_kaj said:
Methamphetamine.Don't **** around with the in-between stuff...just go straight to the top (or bottom, depending on your perspective). Everyone has to die of something right?

Nas_kaj said:
You're not being helpful. What I'm doing is not a ride. I'm being tested on a two mile run. I suck at running. I just need something to help me out for two miles, legally. I'm not a druggie and I don't like to resort to using them. I firmly believe that working hard is the way to go, but since I'm only going to do this twice a year, I'm willing to damage my body just a little bit. If your reccomendtion is EPO then I'll just stick with some coffee or a red bull.

You want an artificial aid to help you in a run, and you are willing to damage your body just a little bit. 'Not a druggie', I guess not an illegal druggie, but 'druggie' nontheless.

Peter@vecchios said:
You want an artificial aid to help you in a run, and you are willing to damage your body just a little bit. 'Not a druggie', I guess not an illegal druggie, but 'druggie' nontheless.
If you only knew what would happen to me if I failed this run...

Nas_kaj said:
Come on, man.
Who you tryin' to fool here? Obviously you haven't trained enough for it, hence your need for a "quick fix". So clearly you aren't too concerned about "what would happen" to you if/when you failed the run...furthermore, there ain't no "genie in a bottle" wrt endurance performance...unless you count Ibuprofen:D

had to throw that in there...

Nas_kaj said:

Are you in the military? Some experience there, 20 years in the USN, flying Fighters.

Test for a job? Firefighter or something?

Peter@vecchios said:
Are you in the military? Some experience there, 20 years in the USN, flying Fighters.

Test for a job? Firefighter or something?
Yes, I'm army. I have to train very hard in order to get slightly above passing, meanwhile all my peers are scoring +85 points. I've passed the Army physical fitness test (APFT) only 4 times in my life due to the run and that is when I absolutely have to pass. I don't know what is wrong with my body because I always attend PT sessions which take place 3 times a week. This is the first time I'm looking for stuff to help me out other than just plain ol' training. I never do this with cycling. In cycling I don't even use caffine or gatorade. I just use food and water.

Nas_kaj said:
Yes, I'm army. I have to train very hard in order to get slightly above passing, meanwhile all my peers are scoring +85 points. I've passed the Army physical fitness test (APFT) only 4 times in my life due to the run and that is when I absolutely have to pass. I don't know what is wrong with my body because I always attend PT sessions which take place 3 times a week. This is the first time I'm looking for stuff to help me out other than just plain ol' training. I never do this with cycling. In cycling I don't even use caffine or gatorade. I just use food and water.

In spite of benoosktra says, dig deep, give it your all. Even tho it hurts, you won't die. keep your mind in the center....you'll do it.

Good luck....

I just thought I would throw in my 1 cent advise here, and I am not saying that I am an expert in this at all. But after being fat and tired most of my life I have sought more of an holistic approach to my health - learning a bit - not a lot about diet and supplements.

I would everyday start to drag after lunch and need an old man nap (and I am not old). My 65 year old mom can run me into the ground. A guy in my church was a nutritionist and asked me the same old question, are you taking vitamins. Yes and Yes. I even went to Costco and got one of those 10 pill daily packs - results ...... NOTHING. Then I learned about whole food vitamins. All I can say, it has totally changed my life. You see, when you pee - and it is yellow, there goes your money and vitamins. Your body cannot absorb it. So, go to a store, health food store where the guys are wearing dreads and the women don’t shave - and talk to them. Our body’s are wonderful creations - treat it right and give it the right fuel and it runs great.

And then listen to Peter - did deep - you will make it through.

By the way the vitamin I take is New Chapter Organics - Every Man’s Once Daily (I think a stupid name but very descriptive). I cannot say what a difference whole food, not synthetic makes.

And let us know how you did! I, personally will pray for you (don’t know if you believe in it - but I do)