I need to know what to put on spetzle.

Dog3 wrote:

> Ewww... I'd love it. I'll pay postage and handling ;)
>
> Michael

Did you get the email I sent you a few days ago?
Send me your address. You have first dibs on one I
have at underfoot, Wayne gets the second one I
think I have packed up.
My email addy isn't munged.
Goomba

On Tue 15 Mar 2005 10:11:18a, Goomba38 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>

>> Could I buy one from you, Goomba? Mine is in pitiful condition and
>> probably won't last more than another couple of uses. I've tried to
>> repair it, but it won't stay together.

> Lemme find my second spare and if/when I do its
> all yours!
> I'll let you know when I find it. I've packed up
> stuff over the years. I bought four of them
> before moving back from Germany years ago.
> I didn't want you to think I'd forgotten you.
> Goomba :)

Thanks, Goomba! I appreciate it.

Wayne

"kodi" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Years ago, when I was visiting Germany, I had a delecious meal and all
>I remember is how good the spetzel was.
>I've just bought some at a nearby German store, but now I have no idea
>what type of sauce to put over it.
>Can any one help me out?

We always toasted fine breadcrumbs in butter to top them with.

Dog3 <uhoh@ajfl;ajklsd;ajlds.nutz> wrote:
>> Got a spatzle maker? I have a few extra. I could
>> send one your way (gratis, of course). I hate to
>> see it go to waste and bought a few when I lived
>> in Germany.
>> Goomba
>>

>Ewww... I'd love it. I'll pay postage and handling ;)
>
>Michael

I've tried a pie tin with nail holes in it, a plastic strainer with
small square holes, and the old kinife dipped in hot water to scrape
them in. I gotta tell you, the press is the best, but I only got to
borrow one once. I don't know where to buy one. Course, if I
googled, I would find it like everything else, I suppose.

"kodi" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Years ago, when I was visiting Germany, I had a delecious meal and all
>I remember is how good the spetzel was.
>I've just bought some at a nearby German store, but now I have no idea
>what type of sauce to put over it.
>Can any one help me out?

I forgot to add, we tried it once with a Hungarian "paprika gravy" but
it has lard in it, and I'm not sure if butter is better for you, but
we liked them both equally.

AlleyGator wrote:

> Dog3 <uhoh@ajfl;ajklsd;ajlds.nutz> wrote:
> >> Got a spatzle maker? I have a few extra. I could
> >> send one your way (gratis, of course). I hate to
> >> see it go to waste and bought a few when I lived
> >> in Germany.
> >> Goomba
> >>

> >Ewww... I'd love it. I'll pay postage and handling ;)
> >
> >Michael

> I've tried a pie tin with nail holes in it, a plastic strainer with
> small square holes, and the old kinife dipped in hot water to scrape
> them in. I gotta tell you, the press is the best, but I only got to
> borrow one once. I don't know where to buy one. Course, if I
> googled, I would find it like everything else, I suppose.

If you have any shops that sell Indian food, you'll find a spatzle
maker-type thing to make tiny noodles which are deep fried.

Dog3 wrote:

> I've gotten 2 emails from you. One with a .jpg and the other with a text
> message. You have my addy a phone# right?
>
> Michael

a .jpg?!?!? I never sent you a .jpg. God.. what
was it? Did I have my clothes on? lol
Goomba

Goomba38 <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Dog3 wrote:
>

> > I've gotten 2 emails from you. One with a .jpg and the other with
> > a text message. You have my addy a phone# right?
> >
> > Michael
> >

> a .jpg?!?!? I never sent you a .jpg. God.. what
> was it? Did I have my clothes on? lol
> Goomba

If it's like the one you sent me....Yes.

Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Continuing to be Manitoban